Room for Rent and other rental scams
#52826 by Con Warner Sun May 08, 2011 4:42 am
This email address is also associated with an employment scam that you can see here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26858

Greetings ,

Thanks for your email and it is my gladness to hear from you. I am Andrew Butler,the owner of the Apartment you are making inquiry of. Actually I resided in the apartment with my family and presently we moved away due to my job transfer and presently my apartment is still available for rent for EUR200 including the utilities like hydro,washer Wardrobe·Double Bed·DVD·Furnished·TV·Sofa· Furnished·Washing..Machine· Fridge·Microwave·Plates & cutley·Electric.Hob·Oven· Terrace·Heating·Air Conditioning·Porter.Free Internet Access ,it is well furnished.More so Now, I was transfered due to my work and i will be away for 2 years due to this transfer and am presently in Alabama,USA now..

About me: Andrew Butler, I don’t drink and I don’t smoke. I am currently 47 years old and married. I have only one child.. I enjoy movies, sports, reading and working out. I’m interested in a good tenant that will consider the home as his/her personal home and take good care of it. So i will like you to get in touch with my wife for more discussion as he is with the keys and the documents to the Apartment.Pls i want you to note that, I am a kind and honest Man and before i left for Alabama,USA. I want you to know that alot of money was spent on the property that i want to give you to occupy,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this apartment and want you to treat it as your own,is that taken,I want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.I do that once in a while.I want have trust in you as i always stand by my words.Where are you located? let us know how soon you are willing to move in.

Speacial Notice : Pls note that there's none of us to show you the place,as we would have to send you the keys through DHL COURIER SERVICE ON A NEXT DELIVERY TO YOUR HOUSE and move in asap. Payment is required.if you are ok with it.

Kindly Email my wife Donna on ([email protected]) and she will attends to you better.

Thanks and you are welcome…

Regards

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or MoneyGram with a promise that he will send the keys through a courier company.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

My names are Donna S Butler and my husband owns the apt you are interested in, we are given it out for rent but we are looking for a responsible person that can take very good care of the apartment for us. It was due to our transfer that made us leave the apartment as we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean/tidy all the time and for this reason, we are looking for a very clean interested person that will rent it will take care of the apartment as if it were its own.

Right about now, i am here in our new house in United Kingdom and also with the Keys/Documents of the house. We tried looking for an agent that we can give hand over the Document to before we left but could not see any one who we could trust and we don't want our home to be used any how by anyone and for this reason i took it along to our new house in London,England. So i hope you would promise us to take very good care of the home as if it were yours and if you believe you can get back to me on how you could take care of our home or perhaps experience you have in renting home. Hope you are okay with the price of EUR200 per month with heat laundry facilities,air condition,phone, water, electricity & internet

N:B..MY HUSBAND SAID THAT IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO PAY 2 MONTHS RENT UPFRONT YOU WILL GET 1 MONTH RENT FOR FREE !

REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT: EUR200

Apartment Address:
1071 SL Amsterdam Noord-Holland

I look forward to hearing from you so that i can forward you the Application to fill out and discuss on how to get our home for rent also are you ready to rent it now? Tell me about you and what you do for living and where your current location?

Thanks And God Bless You

Blissful Regards,

Hello Again,

Thanks once again for the kind response and your interest in our beautiful home.

I'm so glad to hear from you and thanks for understanding everything i said with regards to our home and i must say i'm happy to know that you are ready to move in soon. I am very happy that you are a clean and very neat person and that you have promised us that you would take Great care of our beautiful home. I want you to know that the Apartment will be available for 2 years but it's okay if you will be renting it for a short period of time.

Hope you are okay with the rent. The rent fee of EUR400 per month includes all Utility Bills such as Water, Power, Internet, Land phone parking space. I want you to know that you're promising us that our apartment would be well taken care off and I appreciate your expression, so i want you to stick to your words, is that okay with you?

And the below is the final question that you must answer to qualify for the rent of our apartment which is the application form.

*********RENT APPLICATION FORM*********
( Private and Confidential )

1)Your Full Name :-

2)Your Full Current Address :-

3)Phone Number & Mobile Number :-

4)How old are you :-

5)Sex :-

6)Are you Married :-

7)How many people will be living in the apartment :-

8)Do you have a Pet? :-

9)Do you have a Car? :-

10)Occupation? :-

11)What is your Religion? :-

12)Citizen of Which Country? :-

13)When are you ready to Move In? Exact Date? :-

14)How Many Months are you willing to rent the apartment? :-

15)How many months rent can you pay upfront? Minimum (1 month + Refundable security deposit=EUR400) or ( 2 months rent +Security deposit = EUR600 & you get (1) month free ) or (3 months rent + security deposit =EUR800 & get 10% Discount). so which option do you prefare???

16) Once you have agreed to section 15 of this application,payment would be made via Western Union Transfer and then i send you the keys and document on a next day delivery,are you ok with this as singed ?????

17) Payment has to be paid before 9th Of May 2011 via Western Union Transfer, OK????

18) A Copy Of Your Passport or Driver's License Attach ..Okay??

I look forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt and the agreement form in your name.

I await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to send you the keys and documents as soon as you make the payment.

Warm Regards,

Mrs. Donna Butler

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#144143 by IBeKimmie Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:41 am
i fell for them:( they have all that information on me..im scared..what do id do? im only 17 and i dont pay bills or have a credit card so they shouldn't be able to steal my money but still...what do i do?!
#144149 by began steele Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:22 am
I wouldn't worry Kimmie. They do that for extra effect to make the scam look better. You are just one of hundreds I am afraid. Of course he is a liar and any messages he sends that are supposed to come from others are written by himself. If you have the details and messages please post them here.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#146513 by abcdefg Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am
I fell for this as well. I have a large check from "donna butler" that was sent to my home. I dont know what to do with it?! HELP! I went to my bank and it does have value on it but i dont know what to do its a lot of money!
Well at least for me 1000 is a lot!
#146532 by Con Warner Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:40 am
??? Before you do anything, please deface the cheque as "FAKE" in order to stop any confusion if you are caught with it.
The options open to you are to take it to the bank and make them aware of these fakes, take it to the police.
You could just destroy it or keep it as a reminder of that you were nearly scammed. :wink:

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com