Information on romance scams and scammers.
#52878 by Sunbunny Sun May 08, 2011 10:49 pm
I have been in contact with Stg Curtis Handy. Yep, knew it was too good to be true.

His pictures are amazing, his words are even better. Started with the phone request (blackberry touch) and then Army Transit Grant. I never sent him anything.

I have done more research. He goes by "wallsbunny" on about 5 dating sites so far. Each site states a different level of education among other stuff. He claims he has an 8 year old daughter. He told me she lives with a nanny in Arizone, but on other sites, she lives at home.

His wife has passed away, dad was killed in a shooting and mom is also passed away.

His email is [email protected].

This guy is amazing. I just wish I knew who the man in the picture really was and who his daughter is. If he is doing this on his own...he is really sick putting pictures of his daughter out there. If it is someone else, you are equally sick.

These guys fall in love fast. Promise to buy you a dream home, dream vacations, talk about your children your future. His story is he has bought a plane and will retire next year. He will want you to manage his business so you don't have to work... Is very successful and wants to share that with a woman.

Please, this man is out there. Be careful. I was dreaming for about a night before I woke up to realize it was just too good to be true.
Advertisement

#52880 by John DeLaney Sun May 08, 2011 11:19 pm
HI Sunbunny, thanks for posting the scammers name and email address.

As for the photos, he has stolen them off someones facebook or other social site and is using them to give more credence to his story line. One more example of not being careful with who you allow to see personal details on the internet.

I'm pleased you realised in time it was a scam, many others don't find out until all their money has gone.

John DeLaney
#53095 by Sunbunny Wed May 11, 2011 12:29 am
Is there a way we can find these "real" guys and tell them what is happening. I would love for these men and women (wives and husbands) to know this is happening.
#53099 by Chris Fuller Wed May 11, 2011 2:18 am
Hi Sunbunny,

Trying to contact the real people in the stolen photographs is something that many people are tempted to do. But as Dotti said here:

Information for Romance Scam Victims

Even if you find the real person in the photos and make him/her aware the photos are being used, there is nothing that person can do. The scammer has saved those photos, and there is no way to get them back. By contacting this person, you may very well be causing him or her stress since he/she can’t control the situation at this point. As a general rule, trying to locate and contact the real person is NOT recommended.