Information on romance scams and scammers.
#54354 by honey1 Thu May 26, 2011 3:18 pm
i had a very bad experience with this guy .he says he is a bomb diffuser in iraq. he goes by the names michael kelvin or michael patterson or michael kelvin patterson. he hurt me very badly. i got really depressed when i found out he was a fake. he says he is a master seargant in the army. he is a very smooth talker and charmer.. he says everything you want to hear. please all you women out there who are talking to him stop imediately, cut off all contact. i cried for days when i found out he was a fake, i was hurt very badly and i hope and prayno one else is. ladies be very careful with who you are talking too. his e-mail is: [email protected]
Last edited by honey1 on Sat May 28, 2011 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Advertisement

#54356 by Bubbles Thu May 26, 2011 3:44 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners honey1, I am sorry you got hurt. Please provide us with more information regarding this person some of the emails you received.

Where did he find you or you find him?

Did he ask for or take money from you?

Thank you for your assistance.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#54909 by SharonL Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:23 pm
would like to know more about him scamming you...have had a similiar experience...would like to compare notes
#56059 by carolina5472 Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:46 am
I would love to compare notes on Sgt.Michael Patterson with SharonL and honey1 since I am another person he has scammed. I have saved all emails and IM messages from him and would like to know if it's the same info the other 2 women have received from him. Would like to know how to contact them.
#56075 by Arnold Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:51 am
Welcome to Scamwarners. You can use the PM (Private Message) system for anything you don't want to say in the forums. And swap email addresses via PM if you wish.
Click on the "PM" button under the member's name on the right side of the screen.

#56089 by Dotti Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:50 am
It would be helpful to others if one or more of you were to post some of the emails this scammer sent, especially the early ones and those around money requests (just remove your own name, address, etc. first). These scammers typically use scripts--a series of prewritten emails that are used again and again, often under multiple names--so posting could help other victims he is scamming, whether it is under the same name or another one.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#56556 by carolina5472 Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:37 am
I received the same first letter that SharonL did with this one that followed:
Message bodyMy personality is outgoing and I have a good sense of humor. I am a
kind and very tenderhearted person. I am loving, In fact I sometimes
think that I love too deeply when I love someone. I am a very honest
person. I am too trusting at times and I am loyal to my companion and friends. But, I do have a streak of impatience at times which is not a good trait, but I am doing much, much better at being patient. It takes a lot of prayer for me in that area. Oh, and I am a romantic at heart. I love romance. I am not into the partying scene anymore since
I started going to church about 22 years ago. And, honestly, I really
don't miss the partying life at all. I never was happy in
it. And, I don't drink, smoke, drugs or curse. The only thing is, I
really do love to dance. There is a place where you can go dance
without the drinking, smoking, cursing and all that going on. I like
that. It's terrible that a lot of men curse and drink far worse than i
could imagine. I think a man should act like a man. I want to be
respected for being a man. I like to act, dress and look like a good man.
Your soldier
Patterson

Then I received a request for a secure phone line from him through a company called TS2 Satellites. Sound familiar?
#56885 by fastpitch7girl Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:25 pm
I met what seemed like the perfect guy...and he asked me to send for a ts2 phone. Everything in the email seemed rite...ezcept the address to send it to. I alked to him on yahoo..even offered to send a phone card..bc he was supposed to be n iraq...he said nothing would work but the phone..which is of course $335. So watch out for a guy that calls himself gino or sgt samuel cetrano. Ge even has a fake facebook
#56896 by Bubbles Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:14 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners fastpitch7girl . It is good that you recognized this was a scam. Please post up the email address the scammer used to contact you. Also if you could post up some of the messages between you that would be helpful to others.

If you will do this, I will create a separate topic just for your scammer! :D

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.