If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#48609 by lara67 Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:46 pm
Dear Taurus60,
I believe your scam artist is at it again. Over the past month I have been communicating with a man who has sent me the exact emails you have received. He goes by the name Austin Lambart now, using the email address [email protected]. I was a little sceptical at first, because I googled him and came up with nothing, I also checked facebook and myspace and did not find him at all. He gave me information about the oil rig he is working on in a recent email, so I googled it and found the scamwarners post. I was shocked when I read your post, but not totally suprised. I have reported him on the internet dating site where I first made contact with him. The same as you his written english is not great, very rarely mentions my name in the emails and does not use his christian name to end his emails.
Here are two emails I have received, please note that there are some definite similarities:
"Austin is my Christian name. my day went on okay ..but its good to know you still write me and theres always something interesting to read from you every morning after saying my prayers thats makes the start of my day interesting.......want to say THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME...I wanted to put into words my feelings thanks for the company
and all in the hopes that although you may not see the words in writing or
even hear them from my lips that you would still know that I care deeply and i
would never want to stop getting to know you more better than this, I feel that
given the chance this could turn into more, but I guess that will depend on us
and how you feel about me.
it was so good to hear from you and i am also honoured that you could share all you did with me,for a minute there i was scared that i would not hear from you again.I must say that i feel i can share anything with you already so im going to let the cat out of the bag.
I guess you should truly know who i am ,I don't really know how this is to work, but hey! here is an exclusive. If at my age i do not know what and when to say, then what would i be? When a wise man sees he has probably spent about half of his time in life already, he begins to assess his main goals in life. What could be more important than a happy ending? LOL,. A man needs to live his life full of joy and happiness. No matter his achievements, he is reduced to nothing if he has no crown to complete him and that is a woman to call his own. Wife and Best friend. A woman who knows that even while arguing they still need to hold hands. A woman whom i can call a partner in crime,lol A woman whom you can tell anything. How could you think anything can make you happier in life than finding a love that knows no bound. To make you know more about me,.I will break this down to segments and it would be like a case study.
MY BACKGROUND
I was born to a loving couple, a home, by an Australian man from New Melbourne Victoria and an Italian woman. My father was an international business man who met this Italian orphan whose only family were close friends.. She says there was something about the man that no woman could ever resist, sometimes she says she sees same in me,lol. During my father's global movement, when i was twelve i left to study in Alberta Canada where i got the first degree in civil Engineer and then i later moved on to join them back in Australia. My father died and she was left alone. I met my ex-girlfriend and best friend in Paris. she was a fashion model.Lost her to a plain crash... Very good at heart. Actually i could say i met her in a funny way, would explain that later.
MY JOB
I am a global contractor. I do basically rig constructions and renovations. or over water bridges. We have worked at many countries across the globe. The present project here is my last on the field and i shall quit field works and continue my works from my home office while my men do the field ops. I think i really have gotten to this height cos i embraced work for so long trying to get over my late girlfriend, that i worked this hard, but i think i now realize i can move on.
MY DREAM
I have told you how my typical dream day would be like, i just want to spend the rest of my life enjoying the fruit of my labor. I just want a woman who would be my best friend and everything. You know someone whom we would still love each other more as the days pass by, even when we cant make love anymore and all we could do is play bingo,LOL.
I am a total package , i only need someone who understands the value of a good smile."

The second email:
Hello my sunshine.LOL! You must wonder why i call you sunshine,.Can't get the picture of you off my mind. i felt like giving a hug,lol. Just as the sun, lights up the earth, you light up my life. The only one i have met, with a heart so bright. Just seems like yesterday, you came around my way, you changed my whole scene right away, with your outstanding personalty. The only reason this was possible is because you must have potrayed yourself well and you have been Yourself. That is good, because if i ever fall in love with you for beauty, I wouldnt walk more than miles to see more beauty, If i love you for wealth, I wouldnt walk more miles to see more, If i love you for smiles, I would see more in tv,lol But the only thing i can fall in love with is you, that cant be gotten by anyone else because its being YOU! that is absolutely what no one can ever be. Like i said, it takes a life time to try knowing the reason why you feel the way you do with some people. the answers are never there, trust me, the day relationships starts falling is the day people can figure out the exact reason they have loved eachother. Life is boring if perfect. Life is worse when there is nothing to change about anything.
The balance in life is based on the facts that, there must be thieves and criminals for the police to remain employed. The medical practisioners would run out of business if we are all hale and hearty. The legal practisioners would die of boredom if there arent offenders. If everyone are vegetarians, Oh my! guess how many people would not earn a living. Christians bring out the best in christianity because of the presence of Islam. White gained from black, blacks earn from white. If everyone is rich, wealth would be meaningless. who would do the laundry? who would drive the car? who would guard who? who would keep whose money? lol. The essence for this short word is that, if you can read the meaning in this. you are my woman for sure. The moral of the speech is that We were all created for eachother. There is much fun in helping. We can all be better if we accept the fact that we cant live without each other. The world would be a better place if we can start accepting things we cant change. Because the only constant thing in life is CHANGE! Sitting here thinking about you, brings out a part of me that loves everything,lol.
I have a proposal for you this wonderful day. Because i know you atleast care about me, after all you wake up to check on my mail and know if i am still alive,lol. that is something. So i want your help today. There is this woman whom i just met, and i could be scared about how she has gotten my attention, but i would be stupid to submit to fears. I noticed that she already has a place that can not be replaced in my heart. Who could ever think of hurting such a woman who only wants happiness? I want you to help me find her and tell her, i am not known for fears. I know a journey of a thousand years start with a single step. A man who wants to fly must atleast learn to stand on his feet! tell her if she is willing, i would love to take her hands. I am a man who gives nothing or everything. Once i have her hand, i can promise her forever. Tell her i know this is not going to be a kid walk, tell her i know there are times we would argue in future. but tell her i would teach her to know that even while we argue we would still be holding hands. because there are two sides to a coin. Tell her life is short, but we can make paradise out of it. Tell her her worries have become mine, because i do not really know how she has done it. tell her that coming across her was by chance, communicating with her was by choice, but then falling for her is beyond my control.
You know where to find her my dear, just go to your dressing mirror and you would find her staring back at you,lol. Pls look into her eyes and speak this to her for me.
Yours for ever,
LAMBART
Advertisement

#48633 by GomerPyle Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:15 am
Welcome to Scamwarners lara67 and I'm sorry to hear that you came across this vermin.

Scammers improve their scripts and tactics all the time. They have learned to switch names and undoubtedly they'll improve their English, as it's one skill they need to improve their scamming and that's their profession.

Believe me - they are incapable of romance or feelings, which is why their gushing passion is so sickening and they do it only because it's the same as having a cash card to them. It's unlikely you'll come across any man who'd behave that way, and it's probably the surest sign you have been hooked by a scammer but they know what works, and as they aren't looking for a relationship at all, they know it's how they can barge their way to the front of the queue.

They have to act like love sick puppies so that when they make their money demand they feel that they can cash in their pledges of love, when in actual fact they'd happily walk by a friend dying of hunger in the street. They're trying to manipulate your feelings of moral obligation, and they are amazed to find people who they can use to turn their feelings in to hard money. Lying, cheating and stealing is all they know and the copied words they take from the internet hides the fact that they barely understand what they're saying.

Though they'll use online chat, very few of them will risk talking by phone. I've come across a very few who could pass for a Westerner, but that's a rarity.

If someone who pledges undying love won't speak to you by phone (and who doesn't have a phone ?) then forget the passion, he's hiding something. If there's one thing every scammer owns it's a phone, but they know when to use it and when not to use it.

Most free to register online dating sites will be full of scammers, and most of them will have registered multiple identities, because they know they risk having their profiles deleted. To them it's just business and they send out the same pre-prepared passionate e-mails with the sole intention of getting cash.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#53825 by notbornyesterday Thu May 19, 2011 10:24 pm
There's one of these scammers on PlentyofFish.com (dating site) with the profile "fdl477" who sent me the following email there, which is identical to one someone received here:

Hello *******,

I got your email and i am glad you did write back, I guess you should truly know who i am ,I don't really know how this is to work, but hey! here is an exclusive. If at my age i do not know what and when to say, then what would i be? When a wise man sees he has probably spent about half of his time in life already, he begins to assess his main goals in life. What could be more important than a happy ending? LOL,. A man needs to live his life full of joy and happiness. No matter his achievements, he is reduced to nothing if he has no crown to complete him and that is a woman to call his own. Wife and Best friend.

A woman who knows that even while arguing they still need to hold hands. A woman whom i can call a partner in crime,lol A woman whom you can tell anything. How could you think anything can make you happier in life than finding a love that knows no bound. To make you know more about me,.I will break this down to segments and it would be like a case study.

MY BACKGROUND
I suppose you know my name. lol. I was born to a loving couple, a home, by a Spanish man and a Australia woman. My father was on an international job in Australia where he met my mom. She says there was something about the man that no woman could ever resist, sometimes she says she sees same in me,lol. During my father's global movement,Its just me and mom most of the time.I did most of my studying in the Australia but my father died after a brief illness and we were left alone,But my mom was strong for us and that`s why she remains one of my best woman. I met my late wife in Paris. she was a fashion model.She was a good and lovely woman, We were married for 8 yrs before she passed away 3 yrs ago. Not been easy getting over her,But life has to go on Very good at heart.I would tell you more about her as time goes on. I have a son who is 6 yrs old, he is christian by name. My second half lol.

MY JOB
I am a global contractor. I do basically rig constructions and renovations. or over water bridges. We have worked at many countries across the globe. The present project here is my last on the field and i shall quit field works and continue my works from my home office while my men do the field ops. I think i really have gotten to this height cos i embraced work for so long trying to get over my wife, that i worked this hard, but i think i now realize i can move on.

MY DREAM
I have told you how my typical dream day would be like, i just want to spend the rest of my life enjoying the fruit of my labor. I just want a woman who would be my best friend and everything. You know someone whom we would still love each other more as the days pass by, even when we can`t make love anymore

and all we could do is play bingo,LOL.I am a total package , i only need someone who understands the value of a good smile. I cant wait to hear back from you. I would like to learn more about

you...

Hope you have a great day, I will be waiting to hear from you soon

Reply to: [email protected]

-----------------------

Describes self in dating profile as age 41, widowed, PhD, Field Engineer, Christian, Caucasian. Includes one picture of a very good looking caucasian guy with great smile and beautiful blue eyes, wearing navy blue ball cap, white blue finely striped shirt. Here's what he wrote in his profile:

I believe in minimizing the stress in my life. There is more important/fun things to enjoy... I would like to meet someone who can do the same. A person who appreciates life, and lives in the here and now with positive aspirations for the future. As Joe Dirt said, "Life's a Garden...Dig it!" Said like a true hillbillie!! Yee haw!! Back to me...I have been told I am laid back and easy going type of man with a great sense of humor who knows how to treat a lady, with love and respect.I enjoys music (especially Country, slow rock, gospel), sports, movies and life. I enjoy a good meal with good conversation. A romantic evening for me would be a quiet meal at a nice restaurant and a easy walk hand in hand. I am passionate, loving, respectful, open minded, honest, man that appreciate a lady of character and integrity. I am looking for someone that has a good sense of humor, likes to laugh and can appreciate good conversation and company. I don't consider myself to be high maintenance but appreciates quality. . I have a good ear and am very empathetic. I am a helper and a problem solver. If we cannot figure it out, than at least we gave it our best. All the women in my life tell me I should open a day care because all their children love me. I have always been good with kids. I am genuine and a goof, and children, especially young (2-3) can read us like a book! I have a tough exterior, but it is what's inside that defines me. I love the outdoors. Im very physical, and it helps to keep me in good shape. My job is very physical and I love that. I am definitely not the type to sit behind a desk.looking for a woman who knows a good man when she sees one.My definition of a good woman is; one who is fun, loves God, judges a man by his character, lives by her morals and loves to have fun. I enjoy life and embrace what it has to offer.I would like to meet someone who enjoys romance, moon light walks, star gazing and good cooking.I am in the process of trying to find a lady who is serious about her man and has the qualities of intelligence, wisdom, compassion, honesty, open minded, and what to have a happy family.

I enjoy quite nights at home, or a night out. I love playing sports and getting into leagues. I am excited to catch a cubs game at the bar or better yet go to the game. I like to try new things. I go to the city rarely, but would love to be shown around by someone who goes often. It is great to experience things for the first time especially with someone who is a knowledgeable and passionate guide. You never know what you like until you have tried it! Overall I am just a decent guy looking for a someone to share the future with. The good and the bad, through thick and thin. I'll make you laugh often, and be there for you when you are down and need it the most. If you have read this far then odds are ve attracted your interest. There is plenty more to share and I welcome it with the intentions of finding that special someone... Take care...

I knew there was something amiss after reading his letter to me......english pretty good but pretty sucky in some spots, his request to email him offsite immediately, the bit about being a widow, works overseas, bla bla bla.
#54394 by victim256 Fri May 27, 2011 1:22 am
I just found out I am emailing someone running this scam on me. I started emailing him via an online dating site - Zoosk - and I gave him my personal email last week. His emails were very flattering but the last few seemed odd. Some of the sentences seemed rythmic so I google them. One led me to find that his letter included the first verse of Tupac's song African Queen:

just like the sun, lights up the earth, you light up my life
the only one, I've ever seen with a smile so bright
and just yesterday, you came around my way
and changed my whole scenery with your (astonishing beauty) outstanding personality

So I kept googling parts of his message and found this post. You list copies of most of the emails I have received with a few details changed. Here are the details of his emails:

Name: Patrick Diamond
May 24, birthday -> Gemini
US/ Maryland citizen
Working in Dubai at Al Maktoum Bridge construction site - I actually google earth map this at the very begining and there is a large construction site next to the bridge
Best friends: Bishop & Nelson, stay at Nelson's CA home. Nelson married online match Debby and inspired him to try it.
Lost wife and first child during child birth on December 29, 2009.
Appeared to be religious. Talked about his priest and friend who told him to accept loss and something better may come his way. Asked is I was going to church on Sunday and if I could keep him in my prayers.
Other friends/co-workers - refered as 'the 9 rascals' - Bishop, Owen, Chan, Lee, John, Brian, Nekky, Nelson and Mike.
I refrain from posting his email address until all the reporting is done.

I have only been emailing him for a week. He has not asked for money yet. On the contrary, he appers to have money. He is not yet aware that I figured out his scheme. We chatted 2 days ago and he prompted me to chat again in his emails. I have excused myself until Saturday so I can have time to report him and maybe he can be caught. Although emotionally hurt, I have not suffered an financial loss so there may not be grounds for a criminal case. I plan to report him on the dating site. Any other suggestions about how to proceed?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
#54420 by Dotti Fri May 27, 2011 7:51 am
Just cut off all contact with him. There is nothing to be gained by remaining in contact with him, and he does have your real life information. Don't wait to post his email address--name, email address, and phone numbers are the most common things searched (some victims don't think to search the emails themselves) and the sooner it is posted, the more likely another victim will be saved before they lose money.

IIRC, Zoosk is a free dating site--for free sites that only delete usernames, reporting the scammer doesn't actually accomplish anything. If the site deletes the account (and many sites don't even do that) without warning everyone the scammer has contacted, the scammer will remain in contact with his victims by email, and he will simply tell each victim that he closed his account because he fell in love with her--we see this exact scenario every day. It will literally take the scammer 2 minutes to create a new account--under a new name that hasn't been reported before. Then the next victim, who will google the new name, will not be led to any of the evidence that he is a scammer, and she is more likely to proceed thinking she is safe.

As far as criminal charges go, that's not going to happen. As you already said, you have not sent him any money--therefore at his point, he has not committed a crime. But the truth is, even if he had stolen from you, the outcome would basically be the same. Since he is using the same scripts you see here, we know that he is an African. He is sitting at a computer, very likely in an internet cafe used by hundreds of people, using fake names and information. You don't know anything real about him. And, that computer is almost certainly located in Africa (with romance scammers more often Nigeria or Ghana) or Malaysia (which has a very active cell of Nigerian "students" scamming while in the country on student visas). In either case, he is far beyond the reach of law enforcement in victims' countries--they don't even have the means to investigate, let alone arrest anyone.

There are generally departments responsible for this kind of crime--in the US it is IC3--and it is a good idea for all victims to report all internet crimes to them, but don't expect anything to happen other than logging. Launching an international investigation requires huge amounts of red tape, a lot of careful international negotiation, and is very costly. With thousands of internet crimes happening on a daily basis, the limited resources are dedicated to those crimes with the highest losses (and as I said, technically he hasn't even committed a crime with you yet). Since there are victims who lose hundreds of thousands, sometimes even millions of dollars, the resources will be used on those crimes. It's a simple case of the most "severe" crimes being prioritized.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#54512 by victim256 Sat May 28, 2011 11:19 am
Thanks Dotti.

His email address is [email protected]

He goes by the name Patrick Diamond and his zoosk profile is lonelyman.

I did not get to talk to him on the phone yet so number to post.

Unfortunately I realize he may use the pictures I sent him of me to scam others.
#54521 by Arnold Sat May 28, 2011 3:34 pm
He may use your photos, but it's unlikely. Unless a scammer is claiming to be military, they seem to prefer to steal professionally taken photos of models and actors.

#56653 by Suss Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:09 am
I was chocked to read the letters here, they are the exact same as I have gotten. What should I do now? I have photos, name, email, phone number, facebook page....
#56655 by Suss Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:32 am
This is examples of his emails:

Hello sweets,

I just had a refreshing moment reading your email. It so good to hear from you and I am also honoured that you could share all you did with me. I must say that I feel I can share anything with you already.

I don't really know how this is to work, but hey! here is an exclusive about me. If at my age I do not know what to say and when to say things, then what would I be? When a wise man sees he has probably spent about half of his time in life already, he begins to assess his main goals in life. What could be more important than a happy ending? LOL,. A man needs to live his life full of joy and happiness. No matter his achievements, he is reduced to nothing if he has no crown to complete him and that is a woman to call his own, his Wife and his best friend. A woman who knows that even while arguing they still need to hold hands. A woman whom I can call a partner in crime...lol... A woman whom you can tell anything. What could make you happier in life if not finding a love that knows no bound.

I was born to a loving couple, a loving home, by an Italian man from New Jersey and an Irish woman. My father was an international business man who long time ago in Rome met this Irish orphan whose only family were close friends. I was born 18th of December 1968. I lost my dad when I was 10 yo, due to a Car crash. She says there was something about the man that no woman could ever resist, sometimes she says she sees same in me. Thoughts of my late father brings so much tears on my face. I lived in Milan for 15 years and relocated to Scotland with my Mom. I lived in Scotland most of my life. Living with my mom has been the greatest experience I ever had. She made me understand so many things about life and women. I learnt from her, that no Man is ever worth a woman's tears, the only man who does, will never make her cry. This is a thought I hold dearly to my heart and I learn to live with for the rest of my life.

I met my late wife and best friend in Paris late 2002. she was a fashion model. Very good at heart. Actually I could say I met her in a funny way. We got married in late 2003. I knew I was married to a Woman who meant so much to me. Things were very perfect for us and we had Isabella in 2005. She died of a Coronary heart Disease in 2008. It was a painful loss and for a year, I felt a part of my life was gone. The only joy that puts this pain away is my Daughter and I didn't want to build my Daughter around such emotional trauma which could not be evict-able due to the shock of such loss. I decided to take Isabella to my Mom in Scotland who used to visit us in here about 3- 5 times year. I had to build a new world around Isabella and make everything comfortable for her. I visit her very often. My next visit would be 4th of June 2011 and I also have to resume my uncompleted job by 6th of June 2011.

I'm an independent global contractor. I do basically rig constructions and renovations and also over water bridges. I have worked at many countries across the globe. I'm presently working on a in scotland and that would be my last on the field. I intend quitting field works and continue my works from my home office while my men do the field ops. I think I really have gotten to this height cos I embraced work for so long trying to get over my late wife, that I worked this hard, but I think I now realize I can move on.

I have told you how my typical dream day would be like, I just want to spend the rest of my life enjoying the fruit of my labor. I just want a woman who would be my best friend and everything. You know, someone whom we would still love each other more as the days pass by, even when we can't make love anymore and all we could do is play bingo,LOL.

I am a total package , I only need someone who understands the value of a good smile.

This is my story...To be continued

John

--------
Hello my goddess,

How are you Doing? I am so so sorry for not writting you a note yesterday, I got home on the late side and was tired so off to bed I went, I did not even get to shower,(my bad).

Can you imagine how yesterday went. I was with the nine rascals at the quarters. Oh! I need to tell you who the nine rascals are. They are my professional buddies. we work together, we have more of a friendship relationship than Employee employer relationship. When one of us has an occasion to grace, you would be thrilled. we could act much and make a crowd laugh out their stress. There is Nelson, Bishop, Owen, Chan, Lee, John, Brian, Nekky, and mike. Nelson met Debby online while we were in france, then we moved out after our project. Then Chan was always getting on Nelson's nerves, but really, they have always been like that. Bishop would call them, cat and dog. They would make fun of each other and I tell you the whole party would laugh. But today, Even Debby is Chan's best friend. After their marriage, we went to Saudi to bid for a project on one of their oil platforms. I personally logged most of my funds in the bidding's and so did many of us. It got to a point that we were knocked out by their local politics. It left us almost stranded, please don't laugh at us,lol. But somehow you wouldn't believe it , Debby did most of the work of getting our naughty asses out of there. We were disappointed that we lost big, but as humans, we didn't know God has a bigger plan for us. Just the week we got back to Europe, we got this biggest project of our career in Dubai. We were bidding for a $4 mill gain project and we got a gift of over $10 mill. Beautiful and rewarding.

Most of my colleagues still have this envy in them, but as it is , I did not make myself but God did. When we went back to the canada to finalize nelson's wedding. we met her family. My dear, they had us for days and the old man did not want the rascals to go. They impacted so much into thier lives. Even the man calls on us like a father time to time till now. What I know is that, we were able to get people's love , not because of wealth but because of our simplicity. That is one thing that can never be compromised in life. So yesterday, I gave them an exclusive on how I met this woman who has become a screen saver on my mind, and they were thrilled, saying they can't wait to meet her. They had a bet on who would be closer to her, can you believe that. They all said, Hey...pls put up her pic in the main room,lol.

I cant wait to finish this project in less than weeks so I can come show you how much I can steal your heart, Let us see if you can resist this Happy man! LOL. The day was fun cos we left early. And I start visualising how soon I can see my woman.

How did your day go? do you think you have listened to your heart? Listen to it and you will find out how much we stand to gain! I am just a man who wants my best friend with me. Someone I can look at and smile for no reason. Someone I cant wait to get home to be with. Someone to hold in my arms and whisper to her ears. someone to run my fingers through her ears. Someone who is never afraid of telling her deepest thoughts to me. Someone who sees me more as her twin.

What do you think?

By the way, I hope you too took your profile off the dating site,lol.

I can be your hero,
John

---------

Honey it's been a sad afternoon here. I got to work pretty late and found out that I have four locals down with serious injuries and one gone. This is the most painful thing I have come accross. Now the Rig tow they were rushing to fix before my arrival, did swing into the best place after rolling down on them before time, so they were catalyst to its best position, but they did pay a hard price for this. I hate accidents on site, sometimes it makes you feel like not having to use local labors, because they sometimes make these mistakes that doesn't make sense. I feel bad enough to feel responsible for them. The four have been taken to a general hospital now, I just pray for the best for them, I pity the family of the deceased. They spoilt my mood this afternoon, because they should have waited for us before making such vital installations. These are even men who lack basic insurance for that matter, risking thier lives and now I feel responsible for what has hapened to them. Maybe I should have been on the rig early enough.

can't write much this now honey, would try later. Just know that you mean alot to me ok. I really appreciate you dear. The joy I feel in recent days is my best.

I'm really not happy right now, but I hope things get better.

Hope to talk to you soon.

John

I just sent him a bank account number, though I opened a new account and the bank tells me that it is safe, he can't reach my money in my other accounts.

I feel so stupid... And so sad. How did I fall for this, I am smart....normally.

His phone number: +447024063990
Email: [email protected]
Name: John Tarzon

What do I do more. He does not know I know yet.
#56665 by Helen Halper Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:55 am
Hi Suss!
Welcome to scamwarners!
I'm sorry to hear that you have been hurt by this scammer, John Tarzon. You didn't mention if you lost money or not, I hope that you didn't.
Thanks for the information that you posted. That could help to prevent another person from being scammed.
What you need to do now is to stop all contact with him and move on.

#56718 by donnajean Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:27 pm
I wish I'd known about this site over a week ago. I've been getting the same emails! Unfortunately, he does have my name and address. Stupid, yes! But I can't figure out why he kept in contact with me. I told him that I'm unemployed and broke...which I am at the moment! Several people I know have used Match.com and had wonderful luck. I get this crud the first week! On the site he's using Luv4champions and the name Mark Millband. For some reason today, I googled some of his email and found your site. I also checked out his IP and it comes from Crownsville, MD. I'd like to report the abuse to the site, but he's hidden his profile. I had thought about sending him an email letting him know that I'm on to him and that my friends and family include law enforcement...on the federal level.
#56729 by Ferret123 Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:09 pm
Dear Taurus60 and others,

I believe your scam artist is at it again. Beware of Cupid.com
But He is now a she Sarah Combs , email address [email protected].

Works on an oil rig called pearl aberdeen off the UK coast but it is actually in near CHina!

She sent me this email whihc is similar to one posted so I know this is a fake.

Hello sweets,

Hope you are having a wonderful day,it was so good to hear from you and i am also honoured that you could share all you did with me,for a minute there i was scared that i would not hear from you again.I must say that i feel i can share anything with you already so im going to let the cat out of the bag.

I guess you should truly know who i am ,I don't really know how this is to work, but hey! here is an exclusive. If at my age i do not know what and when to say, then what would i be? When a wise woman sees she has probably spent about half of her time in life already, she begins to assess her main goals in life. What could be more important than a happy ending? LOL,. A woman needs to live his life full of joy and happiness. No matter her achievements, she is reduced to nothing if she has no crown to complete her and that is a man to call her own. husband and Best friend. A man who knows that even while arguing they still need to hold hands. A man whom i can call a partner in crime,lol A man whom you can tell anything. How could you think anything can make you happier in life than finding a love that knows no bound. To make you know more about me,.I will break this down to segments and it would be like a case study.

MY BACKGROUND
I was born to a loving couple, a home, by an American man from New Jersey and a British woman. My father was an international business man who met this British orphan whose only family were close friends.. She says there was something about the man that no woman could ever resist, sometimes she says she sees same in me,lol. During my father's global movement, when i was twelve i left to study in Alberta Canada where i got the first degree in civil Eng and then i later moved on to join them back in the UK. My father died and she was left alone. I met my first love and best friend in Paris. he was a fashion model. Very good at heart. Actually i could say i met him in a funny way, would explain that later. i have a son he is 6 his name is Nathan he lives with my Mother in London

MY JOB
I am a petroleum engineer and mostly involved on rig jobs,construction and drilling.i have worked with my company for a while and have ben to many countries across the globe.(remember i am american) The present project here is my last on the field and i shall quit field works and continue my works from my home office while the hired workers do the field ops. I think i really have gotten to this height cos i embraced work for so long trying to get over my ex-boyfriend, that i worked this hard, but i think i now realize i can move on.

MY DREAM
I have told you how my typical dream day would be like, i just want to spend the rest of my life enjoying the fruit of my labor. I just want a man who would be my best friend and everything. You know someone whom we would still love each other more as the days pass by, even when we cant make love anymore and all we could do is play bingo,LOL.

I am a total package , i only need someone who understands the value of a good smile.

I cant wait to hear back from you.

Have a nice day my handsome man

Love

Sarah

PS Has anyone come across a Nancy Roy, says she lives in Mountsorrell lane, leicestershire, UK, has a 4 yr old boy Raphael . Lives with her mother and they own 35 acres of land but cultivates only one? I think she is a scammer as well as wanted 450 pounds via western union to plant crop seeds.?

Hope to hear replies.
Last edited by Ferret123 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
#56733 by Helen Halper Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:33 am
Hi Ferret123!
Welcome to Eater!
Thanks for posting that info.
I haven't heard of Nancy Roy, but any time a stranger asks you to send money for any reason, it's a scam. They want it sent by Western Union - it's definitely a scam.

#56935 by Whitney Belle Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:42 am
Hello you all:

I googled his name "Steven Bobbitts in oil and gas in Duabi,UAE, then this scam came up. He is now sending emails to me, using [email protected], I would help you all the get him to report to FBI. His profile now is on psxoxo.com, dating site. I wrote everything so perfect and I was suspicious of too good to be true so I googled him. With 10 millions dollars projects in UAE, there must be his hall of fame on google but his scammers did appears. He asked me to pick him up at the airport and I asked him back, "Which airport you are thinking I should pick you up." His picture is too nice and I spotted him and sent him my first attention to him. However, he was a big scammer. Please let me know how I could help and report him to FBI!!!!!! He needs to!!!

Whitney
#56978 by Katharina Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:52 am
Hi Whitney Belle,
it seems you got suspicious in time and didn't send any money - well done! :=)

Unfortunately, the FBI is powerless in this case. The scammer operates outside the US, probably in a grubby internet café somewhere in West Africa or Malaysia. Only in very rare cases the US law enforcement decide to ask these governments for international co-operation, and in West Africa police are often corrupt.

Our best chance is public awareness. You could help by posting the text of his initial email, many victims do a Google search for odd text passages.