Room for Rent and other rental scams
#54868 by polo Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:09 am

hello,

I have also been in touch with this Vanessa Regan for a flat in central Paris. Her e mail is [email protected]

"Hello,

The rent include all bills.

For example: if you move in on the 27th that mean that you will have to me paying the rent on the 27th of each month.

The flat has 3 rooms, one is for me and the other 2 rooms is available for rent.

The rent per month is 500 euros and a security deposit 700 euros ,which is refundable,At the end of your stay in the room ,700 euros Will be refund to you ,is for a security deposit, and it has to be refund,the purpose of this money,is in case of damages and if you did not damage any thing in the room,you money will be refund in full to you at the end of your stay in the room

The flat is located in 8, rue Champollion , 75005 Paris - France.

Nearest Metro is Cluny La Sorbonne, line 10, 5 minute walk and Saint Michel or Odeon, line 7, 8-minute walk.

PROCEDURE:

1.You need to read and sign the agreement form that will guarantee you that the room has been reserve for you.

2.The deposit and the first month rent has to be paid to our family lawyer via Bank transfer. ,this will show us that you're really interested in the room.

3.i'll need Your name and your move in and out date to prepare the Agreement/contract.

4 a scanned copy of your ID.

Let me know if this is okay by you cause i have been deceived by unseriuos people on this room,that is why my attorney advised me to request for the deposit and first month rent before concluding agreement with anybody.its written in the agreement form that your money(deposit) will be returned to you after your stay in the house.

The signed agreement form will be send to you first through attached mail(with the scanned page of my international passport). for you to read and understand,after which you will proceed with the payment,i'll now send you the original copy through a registered courier to your address for you to sign and bring along with you when moving in.

Regards,
Vanessa.
"

I have asked her if we could meet to assure this is not a scam. I will post her reply as soon as I have it.
Thank you for creating this web site so we don't get f#####.

Best Regards,
Polo
Advertisement

#58807 by Anenid Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:40 am
hi POLO did she answered? I am in communication with her right know, I need to know if she is serious or not. If you have any other info about her, please share it with me,

Greetings
#58815 by Dotti Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:46 am
Welcome Anenid,

She is posted here because "she" is a scammer. "She" is not in Paris, and has no apartment to rent. The person emailing you is an African scammer (very likely a man, not a woman) who wants to steal your money.

You need to drop all contact with this person immediately.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#59442 by scamcop Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:57 am
I was just in touch with this scammer 5 minutes ago and i am a study abroad student so she must have taken me as easy target. but the offer seemed a bit too good to be true. Thanks for letting me know it is a scam or i easily could have fallen prey. she sent me this at first:

Hello,

Thanks so much for the reply and interest in my room, Am Regan Vanessa ,am 24 years old, My father owns the flat but is now late ,i live alone in the flat, Am a professional, I have been pretty busy , however, the room is still available .

The flat has 3 rooms ,One is for me and the other Two is available for rent.

The room has the following amenities:

The room has a very big bed that can sleep two people with
Television connected to cable
Small refrigerator apart from a big freezer in the kitchen
Private bathroom with toilet drawer
Reading desk
Wall cupboard
Internet connection

The Apartment has the following Amenities:

Washing Machine
Heater
Dish washer
Storage
A big living room fully furnished with a television connected to cable
Internet facility .

The transport facilities is quite ok in the area, the flat is very close to metro station and public transport.

The rent per month is 500 Euros and a security deposit of 700 Euros ,The security is refundable, at the end of your stay in my flat, the security deposit will be refund back to you, The rent include all bills and bills are for Gas , Water , Electricity , tenement rate ,phone ,heater ,tax ,internet connection.

If you are truly interested in renting my room, you will have to pay the security deposit and one month rent in advance to show some seriousness that you really want this room, so that i can reserve the room for you for the period you want, cos a lot of people have wasted my time on this issue and i really want to deal with people who are serious and genuinely interested in the room. I will like to have a brief introduction of your self, so that i can have idea of whom you are .

I will send to you some pictures of the room and the rental agreement form to see what next to do, hope you understand me? Thanks once again for the interest in my room while waiting to read from you.

Best Regards,
Regan Vanessa

The offer seemed reasonable so i inquired about it and she sent me this

Hello,

Yes,my first name is Vanessa Female and my surname is Regan.

The rent include all bills.

For example: if you move in on the 27th that mean that you will have to me paying the rent on the 27th of each month.

The flat has 3 rooms, one is for me and the other 2 rooms is available for rent.

The rent per month is 500 euros and a security deposit 700 euros ,which is refundable,At the end of your stay in the room ,700 euros Will be refund to you ,is for a security deposit, and it has to be refund,the purpose of this money,is in case of damages and if you did not damage any thing in the room,you money will be refund in full to you at the end of your stay in the room

The flat is located in 8, rue Champollion , 75005 Paris - France.

Nearest Metro is Cluny La Sorbonne, line 10, 5 minute walk and Saint Michel or Odeon, line 7, 8-minute walk.

PROCEDURE:

1.You need to read and sign the agreement form that will guarantee you that the room has been reserve for you.

2.The deposit and the first month rent has to be paid to our family lawyer via Bank transfer. ,this will show us that you're really interested in the room.

3.i'll need Your name and your move in and out date to prepare the Agreement/contract.

4 a scanned copy of your ID.

Let me know if this is okay by you cause i have been deceived by unseriuos people on this room,that is why my attorney advised me to request for the deposit and first month rent before concluding agreement with anybody.its written in the agreement form that your money(deposit) will be returned to you after your stay in the house.

The signed agreement form will be send to you first through attached mail(with the scanned page of my international passport). for you to read and understand,after which you will proceed with the payment,i'll now send you the original copy through a registered courier to your address for you to sign and bring along with you when moving in.

Regards,
Regan Vanessa.

Do Not Fall for His/Her tricks.
#59517 by Bubbles Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:58 am
Welcome to ScamWarners scamcop. It is good that you recognized the scam and we are glad you posted the information here.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.