Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#56044 by Dorcia Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:14 pm
I got the same thing just now, I think the scammer changed his name now. It didn't look right to me. here's what he wrote:

reply-to [email protected]
to (my email)
date Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 6:34 PM
subject Fill This Application And Email It Back Here Asap!
mailed-by hotmail.com

hide details 6:34 PM (38 minutes ago)

Attn:

I will deeply appreciate all genuine efforts to help me monitor and keep up to date with all my activities. I most very often get my hands occupied because am working with many companies both states and outside,so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.

As my assistant, your activities amongst other things will include: Make travel arrangements and submit expenses for Attorneys Order office supplies, Running personal errands,Check Processing Filing documents,faxing,printing and typing letters Web research, Internet search skills and posting ads Quality communication etiquette skills and good organizational skills Serious sense of humor required and mandatory to work with me Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information Perform duties with accuracy, quality, and integrity You can only apply for this position if you own a printer and personal computer. Basic wage is $555 a weekly..

About me:
My name is Mr JEFF DREW , the manager of crown oil plc i have a family of 3. and I travel alot,hence the reason why i need an assistant to handle affairs for me on the home front when i am away on business which is usually quite often. This position is home-based and flexible you can be in any location,working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, I need someone who can be able to meet up with my i regular timings.There is also a very sensitive issue on trust and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on.

This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially. I do have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be available for me. This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship. Note:This position is home base office work you can be in any location and work with me from your home. Let me know your interest if you are ready to work with me from your home Mon-Fri @ 10am

So Fill This Application below:

First Name_______________________

Last Name____________________________

Street Address_____________________________

City, State, Zip Code______________________________________

Sex________

Nationality___________________________

Cell Phone Number (___)___________________________________

Home Phone Number(___)___________________________________

Current Job:____________________________

Hope to hear from you again.

Mr JEFF DREW.
Advertisement

#56045 by Dorcia Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:22 pm
Here's the header. hope it helps:

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from snt0-omc2-s31.snt0.hotmail.com (snt0-omc2-s31.snt0.hotmail.com [65.55.90.106])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id o18si812043vbl.99.2011.06.15.15.34.58;
Wed, 15 Jun 2011 15:34:58 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 65.55.90.106 as permitted sender) client-ip=65.55.90.106;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 65.55.90.106 as permitted sender) [email protected]
Received: from SNT127-W25 ([65.55.90.72]) by snt0-omc2-s31.snt0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675);
Wed, 15 Jun 2011 15:34:39 -0700
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_82c81508-d51b-4206-8dbf-68e217841959_"
X-Originating-IP: [41.19.252.255]
Reply-To: <[email protected]>
To:
Subject: Fill This Application And Email It Back Here Asap!
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 15:34:38 -0700
Importance: Normal
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
References: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 15 Jun 2011 22:34:39.0337 (UTC) FILETIME=[69A01590:01CC2BAC]

--_82c81508-d51b-4206-8dbf-68e217841959_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
#56152 by buzzy Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:18 am
FYI. ad from last week. Sadly, I initally fell for it and sent resume. After it dawned on me, emaiiled him not interested but received a check in the mail today. Emailed him and said authorities know of the scam and any future check will be turned over to them. This thread says he barely check email so really hope thats the end of it and I don't get a phone call.

Hello,

I am writing in response to your interest . You will work from home for only 1 to 2 hour per day for a basic wages of $600/week.

I am Brian Beckham a Successful Entrepreneur, investor and a research journalist .I travel a lot, within and outside the US working on various independent projects, this is why I need an PERSONAL ASSISTANT, to keep up with all of my activities especially when i travel abroad.

Please note that you are being hired only on a personal level. All correspondences would be made and promptly reported to me personally. The position is part time and home-based meaning you can work most times from your home as long as you have a regular internet access.You are also hired on a trial basis for now until we are able to see how well we fit in, this however does not affect your weekly wage.Most of your activities will be carried out locally and most official packages will be delivered via posts. You will be actively involved in my personal, business and financial life. In summary, your activities as my assistant amongst other things will include;

* A personal reminder for Schedules, programs, flights and keeping me
up to date with them as they come up;
* Carrying out specific projects and research;
* Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.
* Handling and monitoring financial activities.
* Processing and taking charge of weekly payments and purchases.

* General clerical activities.

Basic wage is $600/week. Any extra personal expenses (transport,gas, etc) incurred by you while on an errand or otherwise will also be reimbursed by me at the end of each working Month.This position is very flexible and it is difficult judging the exact number of hours you will be doing,just bear it in mind that there will be busier weeks than others with a steady pay. Working with me is basically about instructions and following them . There is also a very sensitive issue on trust, dedication and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on.This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially. I am currently in Canada, for business .However, I do have a number of work you can get done, prior to my arrival.

Due to the excessive number of responses to my Ad, do provide the following details about yourself for my personal record update and to filter applicants;

Your Full Name:
Street Address: ( Not PO. BOX )
Apartment Number: ( IF ANY )
City: State:
Zip Code:
Cell/Home phone number:

E-mail Address:

I hope you can be available for me immediately before I arrive, it certainly can act as a stable foundation to our impending working relationship.

Regards,
Brian Beckham
#56193 by Katharina Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:04 am
Hi buzzy,
thanks for posting this warning. It will help others who do a Google search on the details.

So you are the owner of a counterfeit cheque now which in itself is a felony in many countries.

You can
- either tear it to tiny bits and throw it away
- take it to the local police
- or take a permanent marker, write "FAKE" onto the cheque, frame it and use it to show to your friends and educate them about internet fraud.

Have a nice weekend!
#58748 by meli89 Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:28 pm
I received this email after replying to a job posting on craigslist and filling out a bogus "application" :(

"Hello Dear,

I received your application,I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point. Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time, work from home basis and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others, so it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week.

If you can manage your time properly, this job may even give you some extra while you do something else on the side for now.

As I have said, I'd want us to get a head start with things as soon as possible. I do have a pile up of work and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with, I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually. Permit me to use this week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job, I'm confident you can take up the challenge and on the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us.

I am glad you are willing to work with me and i promise to be a good boss.I am also glad on the commitment in working. I have been checking my files and what i would want you to do for me this week is to do shopping for office equipment/printing materials for my new office thats am setting up soon ,A check will be mail to you from a Client this week, the money is needed to get some Tools need for my new office. and mind you i will meet with you in the nest 8 days okay so you don't have to worry your self on how we are to meet okay.

So the payment you are receiving is for my Client and the Money is Needed to furnish my New Office , the Money is needed to get some Equipments and tools into the Office . So once you received the Check all needed of you to do is for you to deduct your $400 weekly Pay from it and i will send you the nest of what to shop and send the remaining money to the Manager to arrange those Tools inside the Office ,

I want you to email me back soon as you received this message for me to be rest assure you are still with me .

I await your email..

Thanks"

He says his name is Timothy Campbell, 3 kids, works many hours, etc etc etc. So frustrating!
#59281 by panda_b3r Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:54 am
It is funny to see that these people are still at it. I just dont understand why they keep using the same information... But this email i recieved is from Nicole Leanne. Her email address is [email protected].

I responded to a Job opening on craigs list and here is the email she has sent me if you are interested...

Dear Applicant,

Hope you're having a pleasant day today. You contacted me applying for the Administrative assistant position which I advertised, I’m glad to inform you that your application has been granted favorable after a proper assessment of your resume .I'm also convinced and confident that you can take up the challenges ahead of you .however, here are some insightful details about this position which I want you to take note and feel free to pass any questions on.

I'm Nicole Leanne, Married with 2 wonderful children. I'm a relatively successful entrepreneur and huge investor in the real estate market which tends to be my main source of income. I'm a private research journalist and I travel every now and then within and outside the US working on various independent projects, that's why I'm appointing you to keep up to date with all of my activities especially when I'm away and amidst my busy schedule. Please note that you are being hired only on a personal level, all correspondences would be made and promptly reported to me personally. Due to my frequent travels, the position is full time and home-based meaning you may need to set up a home-office if you don't already have one; we will discuss the costs of setting this up as we move along. Most importantly, you need to have a regular internet access, with this I can easily convey instructions no matter where I am on what need to be done at a particular time. Most of your activities will be carried out locally and most official documents and packages will be delivered via courier services. You will be actively involved in my personal, business and financial life. In summary, your activities as my Administrative Assistant amongst other things will include;

* Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring; * Organizing and maintaining diaries, memos and making appointments;

* Taking on some of the my responsibilities and working more closely with management and other staff related to me;

* Handling and monitoring financial activities

Basic wage is $650 a week. Any extra personal expenses (transport, gas, etc) incurred by you while on an errand or otherwise will also be reimbursed by me at the end of each working week.

This position is very flexible and it is difficult judging the exact number of hours you will be doing, Working with me is basically about instructions and following them,so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings. There is also a very sensitive issue on trust, dedication and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on. This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially. I am presently in Ontario Canada for a business exhibition; however, I do have some couple of things you could assist me with immediately, prior to my arrival. Do fill the employment form below for my personal record update in my data base

EMPLOYMENT FORM:

Full Names:

Full Contact Address not box:

City:

State:

Zip Code:

Phone Number:

Email address:

Current or last Occupation:

Nicole Leanne.

Thanks to this website, i'd know what to expect next! THANK YOU!
#59290 by Bubbles Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:57 am
Welcome to ScamWarners panda_b3r. Scammers continue to scam because they find people who do know know about their activities. We are here to educate people about the actions of scammers and support those who have been caught in their trap.

We are glad to have you here. Thank you for posting this information. Feel free to join us exposing their criminal activities.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#59611 by weepingwillow Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:28 pm
Here is yet another typo filled e-mail from a scammer, who has current "Office Assistant" ads on CL in Boston and other cities. A quick google of: d.fish@aol will lead you to them. This is what I received today after applying to the ad with my CV & resume. For your reading pleasure:

Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 04:29:28 -0400

Hello,

Its nice to read from you that you are interested in knowing more about the part time job offer. I am looking for someone who can handle my personal and business errands at his/her spare time. Someone who can offer me these services: Mail services: Receive my mails and drop them off at FedEx, Dhl, Ups (nothing illegal) Shop for Gifts,Sit for delivery ( at your home) or pick items up at nearby post office at your convenience. I would love to meet up with you to talk about this job if you would like to work full time. But i am currently away to see my family.

I am in United Kingdom so there will be no interview for now but there will be a writing that will be stating the job am offering you and the wages. I would prepay you in advance to do my shopping. I would also have my mails and packages forwarded to your address. If you will be unable to stay at your house to get my mails, I can have it shipped to a post office near you and then you can pick it up at your convenience. When you get my mails/packages; you are required to mail them to where I want them mailed to.You don't have to put money out of your pocket, all you have to do is have packages shipped to your house and do my shopping. You are allowed to open the packages to reveal its content. The content of the packages are computer, electronics and laboratory equipment and personal letters. All expenses and taxes would be covered by me. You will work between 15 to 20hrs a month. How much would you charge per week? I would pay $550. That is not a bad offer, is it? I need your service because I am constantly out of town. I will return to US on Aug 15th. If you don't mind, I would meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term. Well, let me know if you are able to handle the position. If you are able to handle it. I will email you the list and pictures of what to shop for when I am ready. No heavy packages is involved! You can do the shopping at any local stores around where you live.You would be shopping for Computer, Electronics and Laboratory equipment.. I would provide you my UPS, DHL, FED EX account number for Shipping. I would provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done as well the funds to cover them. If i were to mail you check to do my shopping plus upfront payment of your service, where would you want it mailed to? How should your name appear on the check? I would keep you posted in my subsequent emails. Do keep me posted as soon as you get this email so i can acknowledge that you have read this

Confirm the details below so we can get started:

Full Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Phone number:

Please get back to me as soon as possible so the payment can be issue out to you.
NB: THE PAYMENT WILL COME IN FORM OF CHECK.

Regards
Dr Fish
#61136 by feelingstupid88 Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:49 am
I realized yesterday that I was about to get scammed. I was really looking for a part time job and the fact that this one was flexible and from home seemed to good to be true. Well, duh.
I "accepted" the position as his personal assistant. He says my payment is coming next week. He asked me to download yahoo messenger and chat with him. The first task he gave me was to post an ad for administrative assistant on craigslist for his co-worker. He told me to post in as many city and states as possible. I said I couldn't because Craigslists says not to post in multiple cities. He went on and on about how it's fine. I said posting all over craigslist makes no sense and has nothing to do with textiles. He finally said, ok, no problem. Check your email monday and we will get to work.

My question is, if I do receive a check or money order from this person, how can I use it to find and prosecute him? If I go to the local police, will they be able to locate him from the check or based on where to [/color]guy wants money sent to?
#61159 by Justin Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:20 pm
Hello!

Glad you got suspicious and started searching! The checks typically come from victims the scammer has coned into printing fake checks. These victims either think they are doing a at home job similar to what you posted or they are victims of a romance scammer thinking they are helping their significant other.

So the trail back to the original scammer can be hard to find. The police would have to go to the check writter (who may or may not be in the same country as you) to find out who is getting them to do the checks. The scammer would be using completely fake info so it would be almost impossible to find who it actualy is.

These scammers hide behind several layers of deceit. If you want to take it to the police by all means do so but do not get your hopes up that something will be done. The local police just do not have the resources or the jurisdiction to go track down a scammer in West Africa.

Also from your username don't feel stupid just more alert to these types of scams now. Your suspicions lead
you the right way just in the right time. People do not expect to get scammed looking for a job.

Justin

#61259 by Matt89 Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:19 am
Hello everyone

I just wanted to post something I received. It's a new name out there - Adam James. The story is the same as yours, namely Craigslist ad, warehouse/delivery job. Beware of that kind of e-mails and people.

Dear,

Am very sorry for getting back to you late , have been having a very busy day , I received your confirmation e-mail. That means youare ready to take the job position am offering , I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point. Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time, work from home basis and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others, so it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week. If you can manage your time properly, this job may even give you some extra while you do something else on the side. As I have said, I'd want us to get a head start with things as soon as possible. I do have a pile up of work and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with and i hope we can meet up with the workload eventually.

All errands will be in your city/town so It is not a must that you have a car for the job, you can go places by bus or taxi.. When you get my mails/packages; you are required to mail them to where I want them mailed to. You won't have to put money out of your pocket,all you have to do is have packages shipped to your house and do my shopping. You are allowed to open the packages to reveal the content.The content of the packages will be business and personal mails. All expenses and taxes will be covered by me. You will work between 15 and 20hrs a per week..

How much will you charge in a weekly? I will pay $300.00.Remember like i`ve said that your weekly wages is $350.That is not a bad offer is it? I need your service because I am constantly out of town.I aman Architect. I will return to America in Sept 27 so this process will be on going till then. If you don't mind, I will meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term. Well,Please email me if you are interested. For your application for this job position , i want you to get back to me with your
information as requested in the list below

FIRST NAME ...................... SURNAME..................
HOME ADDRESS(NOT P.O BOX).................
CITY ...........STATE..............ZIP CODE............
PHONE NUMBER (S) ........................
PRESENT OCCUPATION.................... ....
GENDER.............MARITAL STATUS........
AGE..........
NATIONALITY.................

Once i received your contact information as requested above i will get back to you with the task for next week. Please understand you will be paid for the first week immediately (Money order or check Payment ) as i have stated in my message above ,its important for me to have everything setup before i get back from my trip. Hope i am clear with that.

Get back with your Info asap..

Mr.Adam J.
#61260 by Michael Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:55 am
Hi Matt89,

Thanks for posting the mail! Could you please add the email address the scammer is using?

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored
#61492 by Sprudente Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:16 am
FML!!!!! I feel so stupid!!! I filled that application out!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Different guy but same exact words! Here is the E-Mail he sent me! I wish I would've found this sooner!

Your resume was received and it has been reviewed, I did appreciate it. it's reasonable and acceptable. So I will give this a go.

I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable, someone with good understanding and working skills.

I am Jon Williams , 49 yrs of age, I'm Self employed..I am an importer by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in; from the Angel of importing fabrics to various welfare and community service programs. I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them. My only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so i need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings.

As my personal assistant, your activities among others will include:

*Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office

*Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring.

*Scheduling programmes, flights and keeping me up to date with them.

*Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence while I'm away.

*Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.

*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities..

*Basic wage is $700 a week .

QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:

*Good planning, communication and organization skills

*Must be honest, reliable & dependable

*Excellent verbal & written communication skills

*Must have strong problem solving skills

*Must be organized & extremely detail oriented

*Experience working with the internet, email.

*Ability to multi-task and self manage 24/7 mindset

*A willingness to do whatever needs to be done is a must

NOTE: The above qualification requirements can also be learnt if you are willing to take up the challenges.

I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point as I am presently in France for a summit. I will be back in Three Weeks time.

I think you're the right person for this post, Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules. It's a part-time, work from home basis and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others. So it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week. If you can manage your time properly, this job may even give you some extra while you do something else on the side. As I have said, I'd want us to get a head start with things as soon as possible. I do have a pile up of work and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with. I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually. Permit me to use the coming week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine.

I really need to find the perfect person for this job and i am confident you can take up the challenges. On the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us.I'm online most of the time as I am hard of hearing so I prefer we contact each other through E-mails but if there is need for me to call, I will be glad to do that. I am glad you are willing to work with me and i promise to be a good boss. I am also glad on the commitment in working. I have been checking my files and what i would want you to do for me next week is to run some errands out to some of the orphanage home which I do every month. The funds will be in form of Cashier check, it will be sent over to you from one of my clients and i have some list to email you once you received the funds. You will make some arrangements by buying some stuff for the kids in the nearest store around you so you can mail them out. I will get you more information on that.

PLEASE FILL THE APPLICATION FORM BELOW;

First Name :
Last Name :
Full Street Address(Not PO BOX):
City, State, Zip Code :
Cell Phone Number:
Home Phone Number:
Current Occupation :
Email Address :

Once I have received your application form, I will get back to you with the task for next week. Please understand that you will also be paid as well as its important for me to make the necessary steps before i get back from my business trip. I hope i am clear with that?

NOTE: This position is home-based and flexible part time job, you can be in any location, work from your home doing all the activities.

AVAILABILITY:

How often do you check your email daily___________

Please get back as soon as possible.

Jon Williams.