Information on romance scams and scammers.
#56847 by Scammed&disgusted Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:55 am
I know I'm the latest victim in this scam - I only found this website yesterday when I got too supicious cause I haven't heard from him and the "leave office"since monday past - after depositing a total amount of 2900 Euros for processing and flight charges.

The email address I got from him was: [email protected]; the leave office email address was: [email protected]. Met Micheal Wilson via facebook - and there were only girls on this website. I've deleted him from my facebook and email, without saying anything. Everything mentioned here on posting are all I went through - even checked the emails written from him were the same of some the other ladies received, emails from leave office are the same - lt col robert gonzalez and I checked the fake documents as well.

I', just scared of being harmed because they have my work address and telephone numbers??? what do I do? and dO I warn the other women on facebook that he befriended??

Scammed&disgusted
Advertisement

#56854 by Dotti Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:38 am
I'm sorry you were scammed. You have taken the right steps so far. It's not ideal that he has your work information, but the majority of scammers will just move on to other victims. If he does try to contact you again, do not respond.

It would help if you could post the first few messages he sent, and either post the "leave emails" or point out which one he used (there are a few variations being used by scammers). These are his "script" that he will reuse even after he changes names.

Could you post a link to his facebook profile here or PM it to me? It is best if you do not warn his other friends, as that may encourage retaliation. We can take care of any notification.

Note: I have given him his own topic, as it makes it easier for victims to find the relevant information.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#56940 by Scammed&disgusted Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:32 pm
Some of his emails to me

'"Hey Love,
Am sorry this is coming lately there has been a little problem with the internet servers here,ok. Hope you r doing good and are u still in the office?

Well, there's nothing too serious about the message you will send to the leave office, because i already made the request formally but as i told you earlier that it will not be granted except you write them on my behalf telling them where am traveling to that is South Africa and you might be asked one or two questions which i really dont know but just let me know what their reply is.ok Try and make it very brief and concise ok.
Thanks darling......
muah"

how are u doing and how was work today?hope you didnt get to stress yourself too much....

am doin very well here plus am very excited that i will be seeing my baby real soon.
you are a darling baby i got the mail u sent to the leave office.Thanks so much sweety.
whenever i think of u and i something tells me that we r meant for each other.
i cant wait to be in your bossom. i pray everything works out as planned
miss u too baby.
hope to hear from u soon sweery.
muah

From leave office
""You are receiving this email in response to your leave request for Micheal Wilson, This process requires you to sign some documents out of which one form is attached to this email, you are to download the attached file, print it , provide the required information, mark the check box below to certify that the information provided is correct, scan the completed form and send it back via this email. after this is done, we can proceed with the remaining process. Thanks for your anticipation.
Military Transit Leave Processing Officer,
LT.COL Robert Gonzalez.* "

YOU Hhavent heard of incidences where they would try and trace any of their victims?? very worried about my safety now.

Tghanks
#56965 by Bubbles Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:57 pm
Scammers are looking for a quick or fairly quick financial score. You are not the only person this scammers is in contact with.

Drop all contact with them. This happens to them all of the time. They may try to contact you for a little time, but they will give up. Block their email address and move on.

Yes, they are scammers / criminals. They do not travel to other countries to shake down victims. It would be too risky for them. They prefer the anonymity of the internet. They don't want a face to face confrontation, especially if it might involve the police.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#57504 by carolina5472 Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:18 am
Micheal Wilson is also [email protected] who poses as Sgt. Michael Kelvin Patterson's best friend and runs a clinic in Nigeria. I believe they are one and the same man who scammed me as well. He has changed his email address several times and I see that he has changed it again to scam more women out of money.