Information on romance scams and scammers.
#57564 by DupedbyLove Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:56 pm
I am new to this site and i really wish i had found it before i was scammed out of money. But it isnt just the money. it was the fact that i thought i had found a real man that loved me. that is why i think our type of scam is more insidious. we get lulled into a false sense of love and trust and security only to get sh!t on. our heart gets ripped into shreds.

so i figured we needed a place to go to talk to each other, vent, rant, cry, laugh....etc. whatever you need to get off your chest without feeling the shame of having to tell a family member or friend, come here and let's share since we've all been through it.

i know for me, i feel immense shame, guilt, dissappointment and anger in myself and in the scammer.
i feel like i got too attached to a concept and picture of a dream man and that now all hope is lost that i will ever trust like that again.

i really thought that i was at the stage in my life where i was ready to find true love and when i thought wow i must have really been ready, THIS guy walks into my life and steals all that away? WTF!?
Advertisement

#57607 by Bubbles Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:28 pm
Hello DupedbyLove. Support is a big part of what we do here at ScamWarners.

We here similar experiences and the feelings you have presented on a daily basis. I am very sorry you have been scammed and hour heart broken like it has. There are stages to healing and we have members / users who are in various stages in their healing process.

I do caution a bit that a full support group setting on an open forum like this can be a negative experience. As you know and as you feel, you would like to share a lot of who you actually are to help you know you are not the negative feelings you are having. That often involves talking about personal information which is not safe to put on an open forum.

We have an open forum so victims and people checking into something they have come across is a scam. This also means that scammers and other rapscallions could pick up the information and use it to no good means.

There are recovery scams and others evil people who will try to take advantage of a person who is in a vulnerable situation. We try very hard to help keep people safe on the internet. Having people open up their hearts on an open forum would not be safe in my opinion.

If you have questions about this, please PM me.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#58195 by teeann Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:28 pm
I know just how you feel. I got scammed the same way. I thought I had found that special one as well.
I am still kicking myself at falling for this. I know better...or at least I thought I did....
#58221 by Bubbles Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:35 am
Sadly, many scammers are good at what they do. They lie and lie and lie to get victims to send them money.

Romance scammers take not only money, they also cause a lot of emotional damage. I am sorry you were scammed in this way. It can be difficult to heal from the emotional damage. It IS possible to heal and move forward with your life.

Cutting off all contact with the scammer is an important key to healing!

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.