Room for Rent and other rental scams
#58345 by Con Warner Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:26 am
Using telephone numbers: +234 8139593548 and +234 7084255062
Date: 7 July 2011 11:11
Subject: Re: Reply to your ad: Very Clean Freshly Painted One Bedroom flat For Rent
To: Con Warner

Hello,

I am very grateful at your interest in my ad about the Rent of my home located at
2 Lilian Board Way, Greenford, Middx. UB6 0SB

The flat is available and is in good condition. It goes for £400 monthly it is a 1001 sq.ft 1bdroom flat consisting of a Furnished living room, one full bathroom with a bath tub, a master bedroom with a big bed in the middle big enough to accommodate two people, an equipped kitchen and an empty room that could be used as a store or an office. It is up for rent because for the next one year or so, my wife and I are relocating to West Africa to take up a new post as a priest.

I am in my mid ages and i chose that location because of the serene environment and it is close to Amenities. I am a kind and trust worthy man and i want you to know that the money is not the problem, I just want someone who will take care of my home through the period of the Lease which is between 6months and One Year with option of extension. I am very religious and believe in fair and equal housing opportunities for all.The flat is very close to different train stations and schools.

Please Email my wife Jane at ([email protected]) for she is going to attend to you better. She had a nasty cycling accident; but I thank God for keeping her. So due to her condition, she is at our new home (as i go about the work of God in our new location) as we have already moved but She will give you good info on processing the keys and documents for delivery, the utilities included in the Monthly rent, application form, pictures to the place along with other information on deposits and all.THE flat IS READY IMMEDIATELY.SO PLS GET BACK TO MY WIFE AS SOON AS YOU CAN

Thank you and God bless you,
Joseph

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or MoneyGram with a promise that he will send the keys through a courier company.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Date: 8 July 2011 11:11
Subject: Re: Reply to your ad: Very Clean Freshly Painted One Bedroom flat For Rent
To: Con Warner

Hello

Thanks for the email. My husband owns the Apartment, also want you to know that it was due to my husband's transfer that made us to leave the flatand also want to give it out for rent and looking for a responsible person that can take good care of the apartment.

The utilities available at this time are: Hydro(Hot&Cold), Air Conditioning/Heater, Dishwasher , Fridge , Stove , Assigned/Secured parking , microwave , Washer , Dryer , Cable /Satellite , Internet connectivity(Monthly payment) , Storage locker (Personal),security .

we tried to look for an agent that we can give this documents before we left but could not see and we dont want the flat be used any how in our absence that is why we took the keys and documents along with us here and as you know that,my husband over in the West Africa for a Very important Opening and job resumption as a priest ,so i hope you will promise us to take very good care of the apartment.

So get back to me on how you could take care of our flat or perhaps experience you have in renting a home.Hope you are okay with the price per month which includes the utilities above in which some have to be paid for as the month ends (when you receive the documents and keys, you will read it all in the documents, the bills arrangement and procedures and other major informations) .View pics of the very place in the attached files.The deposit is£240

I am looking forward to hearing from you ASAP so that i can forward you an application form to fill out and discuss on how to get the flat for rent.

Hope to read from you soon
Jane

Hi,

Good hearing from you. Please if you are interested in the apartment, i will like you to input the information of all those who will
be staying in the Apartment.

********RENT APPLICATION FORM**********
********PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL**********
Please if you are interested; please fill out this application form with the correct information for filing. I am doing this based on
trust.

The monthly rent and utilities are all in the rent.

1) Your Full Name.
2) Your Full Address
3) Phone Number
4) Citizen or Country?
5) How old are you?
6) Are you married?
7) Sex?
8) How many people will be living in the apartment?
9) Do you have a pet?
10) Do you have a car?
11) What is your Occupation?
12) Short or Long Term Lease?
13) When do you intend moving in: Date?
14) When do you intend to move out: Date?
15) Will you be able to pay the first and last deposit upfront?
16) Reference Details
17) Occupants Picture.

The rent is per month. Please endeavor to fill in the correct information as we will be using them as correspondence and your
Address for Mailing Purposes of the keys and documentations. IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS, I WILL LET YOU KNOW. The
apartment will be available for One year and over. Depending on how long you want to stay… The utilities are included in the
rent.

Thank you and God Bless You
Jane

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement