Room for Rent and other rental scams
#59365 by Con Warner Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:58 am
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 11:11
To: Con Warner
Subject: Re: $1600 / 4br - Lovely 4 bedroom Single Story Pool Home located in beautiful Eagle Gle (Corona )

Thanks for your contacting me in regarding of my home for rent, My name is Jeffrey Dorney, I owned the home you are interested in. The home is still available for rent, but I will only be interested in renting it out to a very caring and God fearing person that will take very good care of the house, Am just been posted to Abuja for mission of God, You can go ahead and view the surrounding of the house and neighborhood area, so i hope you will promise me to take very good care of my home, also i will be coming once in 4 months for visiting to see how you are taking care of the home, and if any thing need to be repair in the home, and fix it back! You can rent the home for 5 years, Also let me know your experience, see below for more details about the home.

Address: 4145 Shoalcreek Drive,
City: Corona,
State: CA
Zip Code:92883
Size: 2,824 sqft
County: USA

Type Single Family Home
Bedrooms 4 Bathrooms 2 full, 1 partial
Pets Allowed: Cats, Small Dogs, Large Dogs
Deposit: one months rent $1600 plus security deposit of $1300
Features: Den/Office, Dishwasher, Garage, Newer Property, Garbage pickup, Scenic View,
Yard, Washer and dryer.

Interested leaser/renter should kindly write me back with these requested information for proper record and documentation such as :

First Name :
Last Name:
Spouse Full Names:
Kids Full Names:
Relatives or Friends Full Name:
Mobile/Cell Number:
Telephone Number:
Present House Address:
Present Work place name and Address:
Present work Tel. Number:
Numbers of Cars:
Pet type:
proposed date of Move in:
months budget to deposit before move in:
==============================
Rental/Lease comment:
==============================
Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt in your name and contacting you. Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the documents and the keys to you, please we are giving you all this based on trust and again i want you to stick to your words, am putting everything into Gods hand. God bless

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or MoneyGram with a promise that he will send the keys through a courier company.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement