Information on romance scams and scammers.
#59674 by scamsniffer Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:51 am
I met this phony on twoo.com she claims to be in Athens Ga

mary.adams68: well it's okay
mary.adams68: do not compare me with any other fakes women
mary.adams68: I am here for real and i aint here for any games
mary.adams68: so if you do wanna know let get along and get to know eachother for good
Dan D: then send me an email with a couple of your photos in it to (xxxxx)
mary.adams68: I am from the state and i live here in athens,GA
mary.adams68: where do u reside

that's a "familiar one" "THE STATE" African without doubt- they don't even put the S on state- obviously this person is on the OUTSIDE LOOKING IN. All the language is consistent with a Nigerian- and totally inconsistent with someone educated in the US.

Here's the header from her email. Photos all cleared tineye, scamdigger, and Google- no hit- so they could be her, however here is where she is REALLY LOCATED:

Received: from [41.155.68.32] by web120806.mail.ne1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Fri, 22 Jul 2011 01:04:06 PDT
X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/14.0.3 YahooMailWebService/0.8.112.310352
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 01:04:06 -0700 (PDT)

it wasnt really nice chating with you cus you never believe my words...,well here is what i need before proceed or before knowing me more and more,I am searching for a loving, caring, honest, sincere, passionate and affectionate man who also has the fear of God cause there is a Bible proverb that says,The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom and i believe when i have a man that has the fear of God he will think twice and remember their LORD or he wouldn't hurt my feelings and emotion which i have for him.Most people does not know what it take to hurt another once feelings and emotion.we can give it a trial by sending messages and exchanging pictures and later see where it leads to but i really don't want to be hurt by any man again.i would be waiting to hear from you.i want you to know that I'm looking for a great man that will always be there for me anytime I'm in need of him .. a man that will treat me like a queen and that i will also treat like a king..

I hope i hear back asap from you,

Mary Adams
Last edited by scamsniffer on Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Advertisement

#59687 by Dotti Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:43 am
Thank you for posting.

While I have seen some pretty poor English from Americans, as you said, certain mistakes here place the author squarely in Africa.

Since the photos aren't showing on the search engines, can you post them here? Whether they really belong to the scammer or they have been stolen, chances are if they have been used once in a scam, they will be used again, possibly under another name, so having the photos searchable could be very helpful to future targets. We do of course ask you to watermark them so that our site does not contribute to the re-use of the photos by other scammers.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#59689 by began steele Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:43 am
YAHOO PROFILE AVATAR

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.