From: Clifford James <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Queens Street;Droitwich, Worcestershire, WR9 8LA
To: Con Warner
I have a property on Queens Street;Droitwich, Worcestershire, WR9 8LA, United Kingdom,Its a 2 Bed Room and a Living Room, Kitchen and Bathrooms Included.I am presently in Dublin taking care of somethings here and I am willing to rent out my Property.The cost of my Property is Security Deposit which would be refunded to you if nothing is damaged in my Property until you would be leaving which is 600 Pounds and the Rent is 500 pounds/Month and all bills is included Like the Utilities bills,water Bills,electricity Bills council tax bills E.t.c.I have attached pictures of the Room and Living room for you.I hope you would get back to me asap so that we can finalize this.
This person asks for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment either to him, your friend or a family member.
Sounds safe. It's not!
At other times, this person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or Moneygram with the promise that they will send the keys through a courier company.
In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.
If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.
This is my contact number 07024010156 and Viewing my property is not a problem but you have to prove that you can afford the rent before you can view my property.I was discussing with my Solicitor about the idea on how i will be so sure that i will not just waste my time to arrange a viewing for you and He advised that we can work out something via Western Union Money Transfer.He said that Western Union Money Transfer can actually hold the money as an evidence, He gave me an option on what we can do since you have the funds at hand which will be explained below:
1) Transfer the the amount £1,100 (1 month rent and security deposit) to your friend in United Kingdom.
Your Name (as Sender) to your Friend (as Receiver) in United Kingdom .
2) Scan & Send a copy of the Western Union transaction receipt as a proof of the transaction or mail me the transaction details. (The money is safe as it is only your Friend that can pick the money Up .after My solicitor have confirm that the money is with the western union,I will arrange a Viewing for you
3) Then, we will meet for viewing.
4) If you decide to take the property, we will go to any local Western Union office close to my property and pick up the money and pay me. (You don't need to come with cash to view, after viewing we will go together, your friend will pick the money Up and then you can pay the rent to me.
5) Keys will be handed over to you after signing the contracts.
I am pretty sure that the transaction at Western Union office will require some charges, i will definitely refund the Western Union charges back to you upon viewing .
I only want to be sure that i am not going to waste my time this time around and i think with this condition, both of us can be sure we are not wasting our time.
Let me know if you are okay with this so that we can proceed. Thanks so much while i will be waiting to read from you and i am looking forward to meet you and be great friends eventually.
NB: PLS DO NOT MAKE PAYMENT TO ME OR IN MY NAME, WHAT I NEED IS JUST AN EVIDENCE THAT YOU HAVE THE CASH TO PAY ONCE YOU HAVE VIEWED.