Room for Rent and other rental scams
#60914 by Con Warner Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:34 pm

However,Please read carefully...I and my Wife thought about you involving a third party from your end ( your friend or family member that is close by) and send the 1 months and security deposit to him or her through Western Union ..Once we are able to track the transaction at https://wumt.westernunion.com/asp/order ... try=global to see the status: funds Available! I will then fly down to meet with you face to face ,after seeing the Unit and sign the lease, Me , you and the person that the money was sent to, can easily walk down to the closest Western Union store to pick up the cash and then I get paid.

However, If in any case you do not like the Unit, what you do is go back to where the money was sent from and cancel the transaction and your money will be refunded to you.. But I know that you are going to love the apartment once you set your eye on it.

You can call me for further explanation in case you do not understand.

Michael Reed"

This person asks for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment either to him, your friend or a family member.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, this person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or Moneygram with the promise that they will send the keys through a courier company.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement