Information on romance scams and scammers.
#58197 by ummagumma Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:39 pm
Can anyone tell me if this person is real? I don't have time to research too much but here is what info I have found so far. Any help would be great. I have also used every photo search engine I could find and can not even find ANY of the 3 photos on their account.

Thanks in advance.... :D

Here is email header they are sending to my yahoo account which they first contacted me on Facebook and I will also include their Facebook account link:

From Nancy Locke Fri Jul 8 21:21:14 2011
X-Apparently-To: Personal information removed. ~Bubbles via 98.136.183.76; Fri, 08 Jul 2011 14:21:15 -0700
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received-SPF: none (domain of ymail.com does not designate permitted sender hosts)
X-YMailISG: eGQ.xv4WLDvl8.y.uTgqc0hcyFguOF3KNxhIwCdqYrnjQmUA
<snip>
X-Originating-IP: [98.138.90.79]
Authentication-Results: mta1155.mail.sk1.yahoo.com from=ymail.com; domainkeys=pass (ok); from=ymail.com; dkim=pass (ok)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (HELO nm16.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com) (98.138.90.79)
by mta1155.mail.sk1.yahoo.com with SMTP; Fri, 08 Jul 2011 14:21:15 -0700
Received: from [98.138.90.49] by nm16.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 08 Jul 2011 21:21:14 -0000
Received: from [98.138.89.170] by tm2.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 08 Jul 2011 21:21:14 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp1026.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 08 Jul 2011 21:21:14 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 82968 invoked by uid 60001); 8 Jul 2011 21:21:14 -0000
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ymail.com; s=s1024; t=1310160074; bh=puEAVZhIgJfDIbVJqn1PuF6obrxUtXimEyRLRqyat+8=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=0AOiO5LXU3UP1F2dkzcQSDVvZ2iqf2vxCDXxZX/MJfQFkkWqsZgRXMOniweHJVCwcob18TSxvY7lhiA4TreAj1vry5znzKGk+yA5ColRaH8WbnJHFqQpw7mXXKATBEDY6Kjtn1PcR/CTGtsFWuoYIdbSIW+d4vxLo3IiJ/Ji2pQ=
DomainKey-Signature:a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
s=s1024; d=ymail.com;
h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;
<snip>
Received: from [41.138.183.224] by web120913.mail.ne1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Fri, 08 Jul 2011 14:21:14 PDT
X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/14.0.3 YahooMailWebService/0.8.112.307740
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 14:21:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: i missed talking to you
To: Personal information removed. ~Bubbles
In-Reply-To: <2a8461ec-f6da-4e7f-9342-0b41c291b325@blur>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-1380741911-1310160074=:70934"
Content-Length: 3152

Their Facebook account link is: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002301520934 :evil:
Advertisement

#58210 by Katharina Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:54 am
Hi ummagumma,
welcome tho ScamWarners!

the email you sent the header of came from Lagos, Nigeria. If the person who sent it says otherwise you are dealing with a scammer even if she (actually a "he" sitting in a sweaty internet café) has not asked for money yet.
Some scammers patiently groom their targets for weeks or even months before "something dreadful happens" and they start asking for money.

Can you post the text of the first emails you received? We can analyse it to get more evidence.

EDIT: I noticed you posted your own email address within the header. Please use the "EDIT" button to delete it; it can be harvested by spammers and scammers trawling the internet.
#58218 by Bubbles Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:20 am
It looks like a profile set up by a scammer. If you want specifics about why I think this, PM me.

Romance scammers will take their time getting you hooked on who they are pretending to be first as Katherina said.

Please do post up more information. Welcome to ScamWarners.

Facebook profile wrote:Am Nancy locke I'm a simple lady 5' 6", about 100-109 Lbs am from Dallas PA,I love to laugh and enjoy funny situations. I enjoy traveling and the adventures of the outdoors. Getting away is important because I think everyone should see what else is out there. I also like going to the movies, theater, concerts, museums or a nice restaurant. But I am just as happy staying home and hanging out family,am seeking for along last relationship that will last forever cuz My last dating was really horrible i have been into relationship that make me cry so i dont want such a thing to happen anymore to me my exboy frd lie to me and hurt my feelings, if anything you need to know about me feel free to contact me am a very easy person and i will make sure i get back to you ASAP

Also interesting in profile:
Nancy Locke knows British English.
April 22 at 6:39am

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#58432 by ummagumma Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:09 am
Katharina wrote:Hi ummagumma,
welcome tho ScamWarners!

the email you sent the header of came from Lagos, Nigeria. If the person who sent it says otherwise you are dealing with a scammer even if she (actually a "he" sitting in a sweaty internet cafe) has not asked for money yet.
Some scammers patiently groom their targets for weeks or even months before "something dreadful happens" and they start asking for money.

Can you post the text of the first emails you received? We can analyse it to get more evidence.

EDIT: I noticed you posted your own email address within the header. Please use the "EDIT" button to delete it; it can be harvested by spammers and scammers trawling the internet.

Thanks for all the info, and yeah I started to delete my info but was too lazy sorry. I have been workin on pcs for 16 years and had my share of this stuff. I first know something was wrong because of all the friends I have in like France, Netherlands and such.

First warning sign was I noticed they were typing with an "accent" and they had told me they were from the USA and moved to London in which I was thinking then why the accent, also I have friends there and they speak English fine lol. Big clue was because of a girl I know in Paris, she typed the same why, strong "accent" in words.

Second big warning was when I pretty much knew it was some punk is when they requested me as a friend on my messenger. I saw them on there and thought wth and said something as a test. Did know nothing about town claimed to be from in USA and when I said hey to them it took like 4 minutes of them asking questions to figure out who I was when they added me on facebook and messenger.

Well I'm sorry I just looked and all the emails have been deleted and emptied but I do have several more photos on my droid they sent and also a attachment they sent in .rar format which of course I did not open lol. Also just went to their facebook page and they removed one of the photos and I have it on droid.

Oh and also I blocked them on facebook and tried to report them but got some error message saying could not send report to facebook so they prolly need to know about this fool.

Anything I can do to help I will, I hate scammers, spammers, kid hackers and people that FWD emails as I'm sure you know why....even hate lamas :D

Just lemme know what I can do if anything to help.

umma :beer:
#58442 by Bubbles Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:00 am
The scammer probably deleted their Facebook account, that is why all of the emails / messages have disappeared. Also when you are "de-friended" all of the messages go away.

They may have discovered that they have been listed here too. Sadly they will be back with a different name and profile. They are like a bad rash, they just keep coming back.

#58638 by ummagumma Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:30 pm
Bubbles wrote:The scammer probably deleted their Facebook account, that is why all of the emails / messages have disappeared. Also when you are "de-friended" all of the messages go away.

They may have discovered that they have been listed here too. Sadly they will be back with a different name and profile. They are like a bad rash, they just keep coming back.

Just clicked their account link I posted and its still active... :evil:

umma......... :yikes:
#58641 by ummagumma Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:44 pm
ummagumma wrote:
Bubbles wrote:The scammer probably deleted their Facebook account, that is why all of the emails / messages have disappeared. Also when you are "de-friended" all of the messages go away.

Just clicked their account link I posted and its still active... :evil:

umma......... :yikes:

hmmmm just noticed their account is there when i click link not logged in but gone whem im logged in Facebook, must have blocked me....
#58659 by Bubbles Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:23 am
Yes, I checked and the profile is still up. Because you can't see it when logged in, they most likely blocked you. Count your blessings that you are now blocked. ;)

#58959 by bengal Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:17 pm
Big time scam

41.138.183.224 IP address location & more:
IP address [?]: 41.138.183.224 Copy [Whois] [Reverse IP]
IP country code: NG
IP address country: ip address flag Nigeria
IP address state: Lagos
IP address city: Lagos
IP address latitude: 6.4531
IP address longitude: 3.3958
ISP of this IP [?]: Visafone Communications Limited
Organization: Visafone Communications Limited
Local time in Nigeria: 2011-07-15 19:04
#61018 by ummagumma Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:53 am
bengal wrote:Big time scam

41.138.183.224 IP address location & more:
IP address [?]: 41.138.183.224 Copy [Whois] [Reverse IP]
IP country code: NG
IP address country: ip address flag Nigeria
IP address state: Lagos
IP address city: Lagos
IP address latitude: 6.4531
IP address longitude: 3.3958
ISP of this IP [?]: Visafone Communications Limited
Organization: Visafone Communications Limited
Local time in Nigeria: 2011-07-15 19:04

thanks...I will get his sweaty ass...... :bondage:
#61022 by began steele Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:22 pm
The profile text is made of 2 mismatching parts, not made by the same person.
Here is one part for search.

love to laugh and enjoy funny situations. I enjoy traveling and the adventures of the outdoors. Getting away is important because I think everyone should see what else is out there.

The results speak for themselves. It is fairly easy to see the join when one half is literate and the other half is not.
The other part that is mismatch
am seeking for along last relationship that will last forever cuz My last dating was really horrible i have been into relationship that make me cry so i dont want such a thing to happen anymore to me my exboy frd lie to me and hurt my feelings, if anything you need to know about me feel free to contact me am a very easy person and i will make sure i get back to you ASAP

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... &start=360
I love to laugh and enjoy funny situations. I enjoy traveling and the adventures of the outdoors. Getting away is important because I think everyone should see what else is out there. I also like going to the movies, theatre, concerts, museums or a nice restaurant. But I am just as happy staying home and hanging out friends and family.

http://tinyurl.com/3qsh5as
mercynataliz123 29 LOOKING FOR A SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP

Female Seeking Female
I would describe myself as a kind, generous, easy-going person. I love to laugh and enjoy funny situations. I enjoy traveling and the adventures of the outdoors. Getting away is important because I think everyone should see what else is out there. I also like going to the movies, theatre, concerts, ...
Online Dating in SOMERSET, Ohio, United states

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/shaurov

http://www.dating-usa.net/onlinedating-187.htm
About lenon00
I am a woman
From houston, United States
Age 33 y.o.
Children No
Want children I will tell you later
Speak English
I look for a man, 43-63

http://christiansinglesnet.net/members/ ... e&id=10784
Karin Member Name: adams2love Member ID: 014647
Caucasian / White, 34, Single - Never Married Adel, Georgia, United States
Personal Details
Race: Caucasian / White
Marital Status: Single - Never Married
Children: 0
Religion: Christian
Drinking: Socially
Smoking: Never
Food: American
Education: Bachelors degree
Languages: English (Fluent)
Spanish (Minimal)
Interests: Cooking
Dancing
Food and Wine
Movies / Cinema
Music - Pop / R&B
Nature
Religion
Shopping
Singing / Playing Instrument
Theatre / Ballet
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Body Type: Average
Height: 5'06" - (167 cm)
General Information
Well I would describe myself as a kind, generous, easy-going
person. I love to laugh and enjoy funny situations. I enjoy
traveling and the adventures of the outdoors. Getting away
is important because I think everyone should see what else
is out there. I also like going to the movies, theater,
concerts, museums or a nice restaurant. But I am just as
happy staying home and hanging out friends and family. I
would like to meet someone who has similar interests, but
who can introduce different activities into my life.

Appearance
I am an intelligent, trustworthy, honest, compassionate,
insightful, caring, loving, romantic woman who additionally
possesses substance, character, integrity, family values,
high morals and devout faith... at least, this is what the
people who are closest to me say about me. You can, and
should, however, decide this for yourself

adams2love
could be an email address

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#61024 by began steele Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:54 pm
One thing for sure this seasoned scammer isn't making fake profiles for its amusement but purely because it wants money. I have seen parts of the last text elsewhere and it somehow seems familiar.

As a general rule scammers always load profiles with cut and paste verbiage and tosh, when normal people hardly manage more than half a dozen words. The text below is pure cut and paste bilge. That is how scammers get caught.

General Information
Well I would describe myself as a kind, generous, easy-going
person. I love to laugh and enjoy funny situations. I enjoy
traveling and the adventures of the outdoors. Getting away
is important because I think everyone should see what else
is out there. I also like going to the movies, theater,
concerts, museums or a nice restaurant.But I am just as
happy staying home and hanging out friends and family. I
would like to meet someone who has similar interests, but
who can introduce different activities into my life.

Appearance
I am an intelligent, trustworthy, honest, compassionate,
insightful, caring, loving, romantic woman who additionally
possesses substance, character, integrity, family values,
high morals and devout faith (GODFEARING?)... at least, this is what the
people who are closest to me say about me. You can, and
should, however, decide this for yourself

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#62575 by ummagumma Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:02 pm
Just had someone who saw me warning people about this scammer on Facebook tell me one of their friends have been talking to this scammer for months and they were asking for money for a plane ticket to the USA...I directed him to here and he thanked me...he just added me as a friend and I checked to be sure it was not the scammer trying to find out what we know and am pretty sure its a real person. just added them and am gonna try to get them or their friend to join and post all the info they have...

umma......

I removed the quote of the post directly above your reply. It is there for all to see. ~Bubbles