Information on romance scams and scammers.
#61332 by hayashi rita Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:11 am
This is the letter of the scammer asking me money.

Good evening my Darling
I don't know if you are sleeping this moment considering the time difference between us, but you told me you were going to call me before you go to sleep tonight, so I am waiting your telephone call. Thank you for your earlier text message conversation while I was still at the factory, honey I got email from your hotmail when you used the tittle "test". And also the one you sent using your company email. I wanted to call you now but I will do that after my email. And also I don't know how we will commmunicate because you gave me only the numbers of your children's phones. I just wanted to explain some few things to you in the email before I call you honey. I have not sat down since the start of today till this moment, I have been very busy all day. I could not finish up my activities today, so it is impossible for me to travel to China tomorrow. I want to discuss something important with you honey. I know we have both not talk a lot about our financial situations and other important things but I hope you can be able to assist me in this situation. Honey, I just finished the packaging of the materials I purchased yesterday and I immediately went to collect the customs declaration document for processing the export tax. But the problem is that the tax rate is higher than I earlier planned.

In this case, also they can only accept cash deposit in this situation. It is not like China; In china it is easy for me to make the payment via my bank account to the Customs Broker account. But as it is, this process is not acceptable for me here. And my worse problem is that I find it difficult to explain or communicate properly because they speak very little English and I don't know the first word of Turkish. The estimated tax will stand at about 6,876 EUR, but I had just about 6,200 EUR left with me in cash when I convert what I have because I have this in British pounds. I took this cash with me because I was thinking maybe I will not be able to use my card for the flight tickets since I will be traveling a lot. That was why I took a lot of cash along with me. I have called to my eldest daughter to find out if she can post this money forward to me immediately, but She does not have the amount I need tomorrow because you remember when I was away in Italy, my other daughter was sick and it was the elder one that paid the bills.

I don't know how this will sound to you because we have not known each other for long enough. I know this is a little awkward and may sound disturbing for you considering that we have not met each other before. It is difficult to trust each other this way. So I will send you a scan copy of my international passport for you to be able to at least get a rest of mind of my existence and if necessary we can chat in msn messenger so that you can see me on the web-camera too. I took along my British international passport and I will send you that now. I will need your assistance here, I will need you to lend me the sum of 650 EUR and send to me in cash using western union money transfer service because it is the only fast means I can receive the money here immediately you send.

I will refund this money back to you when I arrive in Guangzhou, China by same process you sent or possibly when finish in China, as I would be coming for a few days visit to you after my business in Guangzhou. I have a traveler's cheque that I made payable to China banks. Please honey, I really need your help in this situation. I will definitely return your money back to you honey. It took me a little time to get a way to attach a scan copy of my passport to this email. Please respond to me if you can help me in this regards. So that I can send you information on how you can get the money across to me using the western union money transfer. I have spoken to the hotel personal to assist me in this regards because I don't like to leave the hotel with my traveling documents when I am in a country like this. You know this is the Arab world and I need to be careful.

So I spoke to the hotel personnel to assist to receive the money. Honey, I know it is difficult to find trust considering the distance but I will really appreciate it if you can take a leap of faith on my honey. I will not disappoint you OK my dear. I am really sorry for any inconveniences this may cause you, but I will make it up to you somehow honey. I will need your immediate response honey. I will be waiting for you in the web messenger too, in-case you would want to also see my face in person through the camera for more confidence. I miss you.

Garret.
Advertisement

#61351 by began steele Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:18 am
Goldikova is correct. This is all a scam so never send money via Western Union or Moneygram EVER. SCAMMERS WILL TELL A MILLION LIES AND MAKE A MILLION EXCUSES. JUST NEVER SEND ANY MONEY AND THAT WAY YOU WILL NOT GET SCAMMED.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#61723 by hayashi rita Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:26 am
I posted some mails from the scammer who I met on match.com
Be careful the mail from these IP

Authentication-Results: hotmail.com; sender-id=pass (sender IP is 65.54.190.77) [email protected]; dkim=neutral header.d=msn.com; x-hmca=pass
X-Message-Status: n:0:n
X-SID-PRA: Garret Constantino Reilly Jr <[email protected]>
X-SID-Result: Pass
X-AUTH-Result: PASS
X-Message-Delivery: Vj0xLjE7dXM9MDtsPTE7YT0xO0Q9MTtTQ0w9MA==
X-Message-Info: 1MbNyKYGbyxkf660Ty0yzASYgWroT49URYHJdEmwZ0+8mZwKAa3YZzPmvc7dO/RejLALIdnBA7eD4knajxNa4UCkGQaueaPk99V/NaeEgBz+t8fdoV4LyAZ00fAakqTrCizJFcFlG2s=
Received: from bay0-omc2-s2.bay0.hotmail.com ([65.54.190.77]) by BAY0-MC4-F35.Bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675);
Thu, 4 Aug 2011 11:34:10 -0700
Received: from BAY152-DS10 ([65.54.190.125]) by bay0-omc2-s2.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675);
Thu, 4 Aug 2011 11:34:10 -0700
X-Originating-IP: [10.8.208.101]
X-Originating-Email: [[email protected]]
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: [email protected]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-15"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
From: "Garret Constantino Reilly Jr " <[email protected]>
To: "sss " <sss@sss>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 18:34:10 +0000
Subject: Re: can you use msn chat to me?
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 04 Aug 2011 18:34:10.0218 (UTC) FILETIME=[19DAC0A0:01CC52D5]

I will turn on my msn when I finish take my shower honey. Are you going to bed in a hurry?
------------------

-----Original Message-----
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 18:31:24=20
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: can you use msn chat to me?

=A0

Authentication-Results: hotmail.com; sender-id=pass (sender IP is 65.54.190.94) [email protected]; dkim=neutral header.d=msn.com; x-hmca=pass
X-Message-Status: n:0:n
X-SID-PRA: Garret Constantino Reilly Jr <[email protected]>
X-SID-Result: Pass
X-AUTH-Result: PASS
X-Message-Delivery: Vj0xLjE7dXM9MDtsPTE7YT0xO0Q9MDtTQ0w9Mg==
X-Message-Info: AuEzbeVr9u4a74q+0nBL7RoGh4KIupYnL6L7gUjxhcQ97zmywkfE9OXQf3g00J6WfhwTa0l7IG9fqL2okdvev3sp5pQKozKMKVYCITaISbd9qxViF8+0ukGLif3GGJacbLrQ/PUFoh4=
Received: from bay0-omc2-s19.bay0.hotmail.com ([65.54.190.94]) by snt0-mc4-f17.Snt0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675);
Mon, 1 Aug 2011 18:02:04 -0700
Received: from BAY152-W64 ([65.54.190.125]) by bay0-omc2-s19.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675);
Mon, 1 Aug 2011 18:02:04 -0700
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_3219d530-bf03-4f4e-933e-de1bb00cf864_"
X-Originating-IP: [216.66.45.72]
To: <sss@sss>
Subject: Safely Arrived in Istanbul
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 18:02:03 -0700
Importance: Normal
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
References: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 02 Aug 2011 01:02:04.0154 (UTC) FILETIME=[CAF64DA0:01CC50AF]

--_3219d530-bf03-4f4e-933e-de1bb00cf864_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Good evening my darling sss, How are you today my dear? I just arrived at Istanbul few minutes ago. My eyes are filled with so much desire to sleep and it is just 24.22hrs in the evening here I had a little flight delay because the flight first went to Frankfurt before coming to Istanbul. I feel a little hungry. I tried earlier to communicate with you at the airport immediately I arrived. But my phone roaming was not coming on properly. Tomorrow I will try to get a local telephone line to communicate you. When I get that I will send you the telephone number for you to be able to call me whenever you desire.

Here is 2hrs ahead of England time but the weather is twice as hot as England. I don't think I can eat anything tonight before sleep because I am feeling very tired and need to sleep. Honey you need to be very careful with the people you communicate with in the social networks. Some can be very dangerous you know!!!! I try to send you some photos in my last email but I forgot. SO I will send it again today because I already have them in the computer. I will send photos of my kids too.
My first daughter's name is Cherrie and she is 25yrs old. My second daughter is just 21yrs old and her name in Jane. Currently she is studying at the university. Well I will go to sleep now my dear. Send you much kisses and love.
Garret.

--_3219d530-bf03-4f4e-933e-de1bb00cf864_