Room for Rent and other rental scams
#61650 by Con Warner Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:44 am
Date: Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 11:11
Subject: Re: HOUSE FOR RENT ON CRAIGSLIST
To: Con Warner

Hello,

God bless you for your interest about our House. This 3BR/3B is still available for rent.

I am renting this house to a responsible and neat person or family who has the fear of God and treat my house as his or her own.

Presently Myself and my wife have moved out of the house due to my work transfer to Western Region in Africa and we will be away for good 5 years or more and this is reason why we are actually renting

it out so if you are interested in taking good care of our house, then my family will be ready in accepting you as our new tenant who be fully in charge of our house.

If you really impress us by taking good care of our house then you will be allowed to stay as long as you wish okay.....This 3BR/3BT And the SQ is 1,771 4bedroom house 4 bath. Ready to move in...

Below is our address of the House:

(1717 Saint Margarets Road, Annapolis MD)

So get back to us on how you could take care of our house or perhaps experience you have in renting . Hope you are okay with the price of US$1,000/month with heat laundry facilities, air condition and so

on and the deposit fee is $600... PETS ARE FULLY WELCOME! We are looking forward to hear from you ASAP.

So that will can forward you an Application to fill out and discuss on how to get the House for rent and also the Entrances keys and the document of our house,also are you ready to rent it now or when?

Await your urgent reply. Thanks for your understanding.

Please if you are ready now to occupy the house kindly provide the information below for record purpose.

THE RENTAL APPLICATION FORM

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF
FULL NAME____________________________________________
HOME PHONE( )________________________
CELL PHONE ( )_______________________
DATE OF BIRTH______________________________
CURRENT ADDRESS____________________________Apt#________ CITY__________________ STATE______ ZIP CODE________
REASON FOR LEAVING_______________________RENT $__________
ARE YOU MARRIED____________________________
HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE LIVING THERE____________________________
DO YOU HAVE A PETS____________________________
DO YOU HAVE A CAR___________________________ _
YOUR OCCUPATION____________________________
HOW SOON DO YOU WANT TO MOVE IN________________
HOW SOON CAN YOU HAVE THE SECURITY DEPOSIT FEE FOR THE KEYS TO BE SENT TO YOU ASAP__________________

Thanks very much for your understanding.

Sarah & George E Brown

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or MoneyGram with a promise that he will send the keys through a courier company.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement