Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#6977 by Palliton Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:57 pm
-This fake letter arrived my PO Mail.There email address ischising cheung @yahoo.com.also mentions CTIC Ka Wah Bank. Offers share in US$8.35Million.Tried to contact ,to wind him up ,but no reply.Anyone heard of this person.
Advertisement

#10722 by peterwroberts Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:05 am
Yes, I got one of these by mail to my UK address. All the usual stuff: client had large USD cash balance ($8.35 million) and then died, so we can split it 50:50. Said to be from Michael C. Cheung, Principal Fund Manager at the Industrial Bank of China (Private Banking), but the email is [email protected] and Tel is +852 3170 9508.

I don't plan to answer. I have worked in Nigeria..........and South Africa......seen it all before.
#10723 by Ralph Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:09 am
Hi Peter

Welcome to Scamwarners

Glad you picked it as a scam.

Thanks for adding the additional information

If you do have any questions please dont hesitate to ask
#10725 by Arnold Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:13 am
Welcome to Scamwarners.
Was yours received in January, or has be sent out another batch of letters?

EDIT
It's better and possibly safer not to use your real name here, and it looks as if you have. PM a mod if you want to change it.

#10736 by flo Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:47 pm
This is a new batch of mail and it is from the same source and clearly a scam. My husband just received one and sent his email address off. What can I do to recover any damage?
#10737 by The Enchantress Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:57 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners flo.

My advice is to simply delete and do not reply to any mail that you receive from this scammer.

If you have any questions or concerns we are happy to answer them.

Please post here, but do not include any of your personal details.

Basic Scamwarners advice may help you click here

I have uncovered an example how I suspect a reply mail may be worded.

It is a certain scam. The money does not exist. Fees will be required to be paid by either Western Union or Moneygram. Scammer do change their mail addresses and names from time to time, but the mails usualy have exactly the same script and false details.

Note - This scammers mail location IP 81.199.88.70 = Nigeria

Reply-to: [email protected]

Dear Prospective Partner,

I am sincerely Sorry for bugging into your privacy, it's due to the business deal in my bank value at Twenty One million Five hundred thousand us dollars, as a foreigner l had taken pain to find your contact through a random web search using the deceased surname, which will present you as the beneficiary to the inheritance since there is no written will by the deceased and this is especially possible as you bear the same LAST NAME to the said investor, as the Chief Financial Officer l have been following the records. However l am the only one aware of the funds.

l am Mr Takao Nakagawa Chief Financial Officer (CITIC KA WAH BANK), this opportunity will be of mutual benefit to the two of us. I would provide you with all the necessary documents to lay claims and also I would avail you with the modalities we shall follow once I hear from you Because of my position in office, please endeavour to keep to yourself issue concerning this proposal. If you are interested, kindly get back to me with your full contact information's and phone number via this email, [[email protected]] Upon your response l will give you more details about this transaction, if not interested you can delete this mail.

Mr Takao Nakagawa
CITIC KA WAH BANK, HONG KONG.
The Chinese Bank Building,
61-65 Des Veoux Road Centre,
Hong Kong
Email: [email protected]

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#14136 by owlman2 Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:27 am
Yep, seems I'm an unexpected millionaire!! Wow!! Thank you for the information - same as mine. So no surprise there then. Michael Leung is one unlucky chappy!
#14137 by Ralph Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:33 am
Hi Owlman and welcome to Scamwarners

Glad you did some searching to find us rather than send money to collect your non existent prize.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask
#20017 by Ralph Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:45 am
Hi Graham, welcome to Scamwarners

Thank you for posting this additional information

If you could forward that attachment to my email I can post it for you which would be a bit easier to follow