Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#69833 by emsinada Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:37 am
thank goodness for your message very nearly caught by the same scam exactly the same e:mails only this time its "Alison"managed to cancel my bacs payment in time as became aware a couple of hours later and payment had not left my bank. This was for a caravan i became suspicious,about the ebay Emails and google'd the sender address which brought up this forum the van was listed on another site ( they have since contacted me to warn they thought it may be a scam)they had asked me to do a direct transfer to a barclays account in the name of c.Barbalata the supposed holding account, only today i have received a further email stating that C.Barbalata is going on holiday and a new agent has been assigned " G. Surelu" and a different account number. I have contacted EBay and my bank is informing Barclays but apparently not much they can do as new accounts opening every day and impossible to background every body. I will definitely only be going through a certified dealer now.
Advertisement

#69854 by Lazy Dog Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:56 pm
Called Barclays already 4 times yesterday without much succes, therefor I wrote a strong email to the fraud department of Barclays yesterday evening, explaining the situation and also refered to your case. Plus my bank requested to return the money because of supsicion of fraud. Today at noon got an email from Barclays that they take this very serious and that their fraudteam is investigating the matter. At three I got a call from my Bank that Barclays confirmed to them that the money will be returned! :=) :=) :=)
#69861 by bbbvito Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:31 pm
Lazy Dog wrote:Called Barclays already 4 times yesterday without much succes, therefor I wrote a strong email to the fraud department of Barclays yesterday evening, explaining the situation and also refered to your case. Plus my bank requested to return the money because of supsicion of fraud. Today at noon got an email from Barclays that they take this very serious and that their fraudteam is investigating the matter. At three I got a call from my Bank that Barclays confirmed to them that the money will be returned! :=) :=) :=)

Over the moon for you , it was so frustrating when it happened to me . but good news that your getting it back :oh-joy: :oh-joy:
#71870 by Coxie911 Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:14 am
These guys are still at it this time with a Volvo mini digger informed the police who just told me to report it to eBay
#86095 by Liya08 Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:56 am
s there anybody out there trying to pull a scam using ebay protection plan cover to get money from buyers before recieving their items
#86166 by Dotti Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:57 am
There are lots of scammers currently using this modality.

Any seller using the eBay protection plan as a reason to get you to send money by WU or bank transfer is a scammer, period. The eBay protection plan is NOT an escrow service. eBay and its partners do NOT hold the money until you can inspect a product, under any circumstances.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#93084 by mick998 Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:13 pm
As i speak John is trying to scam me for 3k using the identical tactics you described here for a mint 2004 sp2
obviously he is acriminak and still at it what can we do to jail this c...?