Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#70775 by eswallace2001 Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:24 pm
I received an Email and a phone call from a company called Collabera. Everything seems Legit even the job its self seems legit. What concerned me was that the person on the phone that I could hardly understand was asking for my SSN so they can file my info on there system and forward it to the Company that I would be working for along with an updated Resume.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

fixed spelling of company
Last edited by eswallace2001 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#70779 by Bubbles Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:53 pm
Hello eswallace2001,

You didn't give us much to go on. We need at least the email address and the website address. Without that information, we are just guessing.

Is it possible you misspelled the name of the company?

Please give us email you received too, that will help us.

I would NEVER give my SSN to someone I do not know. If they are a real company, they should have official forms you need to complete to show that you are a legal citizen of the USA.

I will reserve judgment without further information.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#70780 by eswallace2001 Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:57 pm

About Collabera:

Established in 1991, Collabera is one of the fastest growing end-to-end information technology services and solutions companies globally. As a $375 million IT company, Collabera's client-centric business model, commitment to service excellence and Global Delivery Model enables its global 2000 and leading mid-market clients to succeed in an increasingly competitive marketplace.

With over 6000 IT professionals globally, Collabera provides value-added onsite, offsite and offshore technology services and solutions to premier corporations. Over the past few years, Collabera has been awarded numerous accolades and Industry recognitions including.

· Collabera listed in GS 100 - recognized for excellence and maturity
· Collabera named among the Top 500 Diversity Owned Businesses
· Collabera listed in GS 100 & ranked among top 10 service providers
· Collabera was ranked:
· 32 in the Top 100 Large Businesses in the U.S
· 18 in Top 500 Diversity Owned Businesses in the U.S
· 3 in the Top 100 Diversity Owned Businesses in New Jersey
· 3 in the Top 100 Privately-held Businesses in New Jersey
· 66th on FinTech 100
· 35th among top private companies in New Jersey
http://www.collabera.com/about_us/accolades.jsp

Collabera recognizes true potential of human capital and provides people the right opportunities for growth and professional excellence. Collabera offers a full range of benefits to its employees including paid vacations, holidays, personal days, Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to call me on 973-841-2262 I look forward to working with you.

Thanks and Regards,
Rutvi Bhagat

Phone: 973-841-2262 / Fax: 973-292-2838

How am I doing? I want to exceed your expectations and invite your feedback. Please click 'feedback' to provide your feedback. (http://apps.collabera.com/feedback/?eid=rutvi.bhagat).
Should you have any concerns or would prefer to escalate please send an email to my manager Vinayak Shenoy ([email protected]). To report an issue please contact our centre of business excellence on 1-866 398 6484.
#70785 by Bubbles Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:50 pm
With the corrected spelling and website information, the company looks legitimate. It has a presence on Wikipedia. This does not guarantee that the company is legitimate, but scammers don't usually put out that much effort. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collabera

If you search the name of the company, you do get some conflicting opinions. The company's headquarters are in India and they have offices in NJ. The area code is NJ.

I cannot say that you will be happy with employment there, but they do appear to be a legitimate company.

I would ask them for at least as much information as they ask you for. They are registered with the NJ Secretary of State since 1991.

#70802 by eswallace2001 Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:55 am
would they be Hiring some one to work at an AT&T warehouse for AT&T?
I am just concerned that a Legit company is being used by the scammers. or not.. it just difficult because I just recently got scammed and now another great opportunity has come to me once again and I have difficulty determining it

ASUS is a Legit company but the scammer claiming they were ASUS was not..
#70890 by Bubbles Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:49 pm
eswallace2001, from what I could tell, the real company is an IT company only, not an employment agency.

You can check the headers and find where they are posting from.

You can call up the actual company and see if what you are being told is consistent with any of their job openings. I would absolutely do this.

Can a scammer pretend to be offering something they cannot deliver? As you already know, absolutely, they do it all of the time. That is their "trade".

Call Collabera directly and make certain you are dealing with them directly. Their website did have current openings and I didn't see any warehouse jobs.

I really encourage you to check for yourself because If I tell you not to take the job and it turns out to be real, you are the loser. If I tell you to take the job and it is a scam again you are the loser and it costs me nothing. I am saying check it out with the REAL company. in New Jersey. Call the number on THEIR website.

This is their contact page.

#264184 by Stefanie07 Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:53 am
I agree... This company may be an actual company but after doing research I've seen many forum of people giving them information or resumes then never hear from the once over pushing recruiter. They are either using this information to help other people or for gaining contracts their bidding for. Do not give this company any of your information or they will use it for there gain and not yours. I was pursued by and an over pushy recruiter that asked my resume 5 to 6 different times, set up an appointment to call me within an hour after I sent my resume but I never heard from him nor did he return any of my phone calls or emails . Do not give this company in the information, or you will regret it. This company is a fake!