Information on romance scams and scammers.
#71296 by lawrence0143 Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:23 pm
Hi,

I was contacted about 4 days ago via Mate1.com, a dating site, and was approached by a soilder called Sgt Scott Ramos, aged 47 and currently serving in Iraq. Sounded great! He was very affectionate and asked about family life etc. I then get a further mail saying that he is dying to meet me and asks me to contact the Army for a Liberty Pass Form and I would need to forward a small fee to arrange for this. The light switched on like a supernova. I immediately checked on the internet for Liberty Pass, there is no fee, you do not pay for this service. His Username on Mate1.com is happylife7344. In the caption it says sweet love stgscottbell ATT YAHOO DOT COM (2 different names) His current email is [email protected], he wanted me off Mate1 and talk via Yahoo mail. I have emails and pictures stored if anyone wants any more information. :oh-joy:
Advertisement

#71299 by lawrence0143 Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:36 pm
Hi,

Another one for you from Mate1.com. Username: nieper65555, caption S, a 45 year old man seeking True LOVE, aged 45 from Sedona, Arizona, has the same loving bits and pieces email: dennisnieper AT Y/A/H/O/O DOT COM, havent sussed him out completely yet, but will let you know more about RAMOS and Nieper as information is received.
#71310 by Dotti Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:01 pm
Please do post the emails, etc. as they can be very helpful to other targets--scammers often use the same scripts even after they change fake names. Just remove any of your own personal details, e.g. name, location etc.

We also want all email addresses posted in all ways they would be written. Email address is one of the first things a potential victim will search, and we want google to pick up this thread so a potential victim can find the scammer's information. For google purposes I am also putting the second email address in regular form in addition to the form the scammer used in his caption (which was undoubtedly to get around dating site rules prohibiting posting email addresses). This way, it is searchable in both forms: [email protected]

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#71347 by Bubbles Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:10 pm
I am also making the email for Dennis Nieper searchable: [email protected]

I merged these posts since they appear to be related.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#86185 by Spook Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:20 pm
www.person.com/personals.phtml?user_id=5765690
USER ID: 5765690
Nickname: danielj147
Name: daniel
State/Region: New York
City: New York

danielj147: Nice hearing from you am Daniel 45yrs from New York, single searching for love caring woman that i can trust for the rest of my life....Am US military some month ago i was posted to Nigeria by United Nation (UN) which i was stationed to Nigeria and now am working with my co member in Nigeria, they dispatch military man from different country to one country experiencing difficulty like Nigeria, please you look good and responsible when am stearing at your pic so please mail me back to d a n i e l j o h n s 5 9 a t y a h o o d o t c o m and tell me little or much more about you.
#86295 by Mate1 Support Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:31 am
We're always very sorry to hear about our members being taken advantage of through our service. We have located happylife7344 in our database and note that the profile has already been flagged and removed. Our team is currently doing an investigation for variations of the same user name and email address you provided. Many of the scammers' names mentioned in this forum have been brought to our attention previously.

Mate1.com is committed to fight fraud and offers its members several avenues for reporting instances of fraud, including 7-day-a-week toll-free phone support (1-888-688-4760, or 514 907-0015 if you are outside North America), round-the-clock email support from our help page - http://www.mate1.com/nw/faq - as well as a live chat support feature available during normal business hours. Many similar sites offer only limited support options, some lacking even a phone number to get in touch with their staff. We’re even open for most holidays, and we post specific holiday hours directly on our Contact Us page when we’re not.

Please note that scammers on Mate1 are usually caught within days of the profile's creation, if not hours, based on their activity alone. However, abuse reports can be an enormous help to our team, as they provide specific details about the profile in question. As you are likely already aware, most of the email addresses provided by scammers when corresponding with other users are NOT the email addresses they used to register on Mate1. We do recommend that users file complaint reports when they encounter a profile that breaches the Terms and Conditions of our site. There is a "File a Complaint" link directly in every chat and email window within Mate1, as well as a "Report a Problem" link on the bottom of every Mate1 profile.

Of course, you are welcome to get in touch with our Customer Support team regarding any issues you are experiencing, or any technical difficulties you have encountered and we'll be happy to try and resolve them with you. That's what we're here for!

For your convenience, here is a direct link to our site’s Help/Contact Us page, which contains most of our contact options.

http://www.mate1.com/nw/faq

For additional options, please access our Help/Contact Us page from within your account itself after logging in, which you can do from this link:

http://www.mate1.com/nw/login
#86378 by ratt84 Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:00 am
must be special to him :lol:

http://chat.bigchurch.com/p/member.cgi? ... 8866_33797
lovehappens2011
we can acheive if we believe
lovehappens2011's Information:
Birthdate: November 24, 1965
(46 years old)
Lives in: Aldershot, Berkshire, United Kingdom
Height: 5 ft 7 in / 170-172 cm
Body Type: Athletic
Race: Caucasian
Speaks: English
Education: BA/BS (4 years college)
Marital Status: Widowed
Level of Faith: He is my life, my reason for being
Denomination: Church of God
46 year old man in Aldershot, Berkshire, United Kingdom
Looking For: Women for a dating relationship
Profile for lovehappens2011
I am a down to earth man who consider himself confident,intelligent,honest,romantic,spontaneous,caring with a big heart,easy to get along with positive personality,ambitious,
self-motivated,secure,
expressive,attentive,passionate,good christian with a good sense of humor, i love cooking,sports,movies,music, i am open minded and fun loving,little things in life count, i am drug,smoke and disease free,i am not into games,as they hurt, absolutely not a time waster, As a person in very warm deep individual.
#86380 by ratt84 Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:44 am
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/aaron-ramos/36/383/570
Aaron Ramos
Master Sergeant at US Army
United States
Aaron Ramos's Experience
Master Sergeant
US Army
Nonprofit; 10,001+ employees; Military industry
January 1993 – Present (19 years 2 months) New Orleans
I'm humble,gentle,easy going,loving and trying to enjoy life.
Aaron Ramos's Education
Strayer University
B.sc, Civil Engineering
1995 – 1999
Contact Aaron for:
career opportunities
consulting offers
new ventures
job inquiries
expertise requests
business deals
reference requests
getting back in touch

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/aaron-ramos/40/451/882
Aaron Ramos
sergeant at US Army
Greater New York City Area
Information Technology and Services
Current
ARMY at US Army Combat Readiness/Safety Center
sergeant at US Army
Aaron Ramos's Experience
ARMY
US Army Combat Readiness/Safety Center
Information Technology and Services industry
Currently holds this position
sergeant
US Army
Nonprofit; 10,001+ employees; Military industry
January 2011 – Present (1 year 2 months) Afghanistan :laugh-s:
Contact Aaron for:
career opportunities
consulting offers
new ventures
job inquiries
expertise requests
business deals
reference requests
getting back in touch

#86382 by ratt84 Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:48 am
http://www.doctorshangout.com/profile/aaronramos
Aaron Ramos
Male
Bridgeport, CT
United States
I am a: Other
Your Medical Speciality: Other
Medical School/University: university of melborne
Hospital: Evans Army Community Hospital
Relationship Status: Single
Interested in: Friends, Dating Women

same pic as in previous post
#86403 by autumn Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:47 pm
Hiya, i have read quite a few of these scams on here and think most of them are the same person. Yeah that is the person who has taken me for £300. I have 2 different lots of bank account details from him, a mobile number, 2 different email addreses, 5 pictures (that are not him) and he is about to ring me(obviously withholding his number) what do i do with this information apart from putting it on here? if i took it to the police would there be a department there that could help? if not then he has got away with it again