Information on romance scams and scammers.
#70270 by stoppedintime.com Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:02 pm
He has a new name it is Charles D. Ramos from ALPINE,N.J. A widower with 2 children David 15,Barbie 11.
He said he was deployed in Kabul,Afganistan.The strange thing is he said he has been deployed 2 years.Charles said he would be coming home the end of Oct.Then all of a sudden his Mom who lives in Scotland fell down a staircase The insurance would not cover the surgery he needed 70%.Aren't those countries covered by National health care?I told him before that I had been taken for money so he has been calm just telling me over again about his Mom.So I finally asked him if he was asking for money.He said no but if I could loan him some 1520pounds short.First mistake why would a US soldier say pounds.Of course he had an answer.I met him on the ourtime.com dating service the picture is the same one on this site in dark clothes with snow in the background.I also recieved pics of him in a Army uniform.Who is the soldier in the pics that I do not understand.He played on the fact I lost my only son and he wanted me to look at his children as mine.Thank God I had a caring friend at work who found out all of this.Now he informed me he will have to go to the UK before he comes back to the States and wants me wait for him and he will pay me back.I feel like a fool.My saving grace is NO money was lost and told him not to contact me again.
Advertisement

#74039 by unbelievablepeople Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:42 pm
I also had many conversations with 1st Sargent Charles David Ramos, on the phone and on messenger. Same story, from Alpine,NJ, children and mother, coming home the end of October and retiring next June 2012. His email address is [email protected]. I talked to him for 2 months and he had me fooled. Beware women out there, he is slick and knows what to say. There were some holes in his story that make you wonder if he could be true. I know some people are saying that many people wrote to them that they could tell in the writing. I will tell you from the writing style and wording in all of my contacts with him that this was one man doing this to me. I called him on a London cell phone and he also gave me an address in London to use to send the Western Union to. No I did not do it. Not that crazy but he did have me snowed in. He was on Our Time dating website but contacted me on Single Seniors. I have reported him but he also took off his information and they removed him from the site.

The real name of the man in the pictures is Aaron Ramos. His identity has been stolen and his pictures. He is really a US Army Reserves and his life is in turmoil since this all started. I feel for him and wish I could meet the real man in these pictures. You can search him out and watch his utube video. Aaron I hope you get your life back.
#76423 by dwillia Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:05 pm
He's definitely in action again. This time he is on eVow.com, using micmos15 as his ID there. Get this, the caption he is using beside micmos15 says, "If you can be honest, am the best for you". He is using the name Michael Ramos email is [email protected] I tracked the email and it came back that he is in Chicago, IL. This is an email he sent to me today. Hope this helps someone.
About me
I'm happy that you are ready to know more about me and i will like to share more information about me with you, that will help us to start knowing each other better ….
I was giving birth to a wonderful family 49 years ago. My dad was an American man that married a Greek woman due to his service and work in Greece when he was younger, he was in the marine until he left and become civil engineer. I was their only son and child. I'm very simple, caring, honest and self independent..

I got married and enjoyed my matrimonial home. I and my wife gave birth to a girl and she's so beautiful and I love her wholeheartedly. Well, I and my wife lived happily and I worked as an Engineer before I later joined the Army 24yrs ago. I fix and inspects Cars and trucks, but I have special interest for the Military because my dad was once in the Military before He retired and started His Civil Engineer Career.

My late wife was dead 5yrs ago in auto crash and I became a widow Since then, it has been one bad experience after another. I also lost my dad last year. I really loved my wife and dad because of the relationship between us.. …She had loved me with all her heart and she had loved me for me. She was so caring and possessed all of the qualities a woman should possess. She was so much an angel that I treasured her so much but God knows why that happened to me. I also give thanks to God that she gave me a beautiful daughter Monica…
I just need someone that can love me for me and we will love each other for the rest of our life, because i know life is too short to play with…

I have learn to leave my past behind and move forward to the future, though my past makes part of my life and I need to plan for my future. I need love again in my life. I had love once in my life and I need a woman that can be mine on a long term goal. I hope I will still find love someday soon, that’s all I believe and I'm so optimistic about it.

I am ready to date from any part of the global. I need to meet my true love, because we don't know where our love is at the moment and we have to keep searching for it anywhere, any time and any way we can.

Presently, I'm active in the Army and been stationed at Fort Gordon Garrison Command, before i was deployed to Afghanistan, am at Afghanistan right now. I live alone on base, while my girl live with my Mom in Greece …although I planned to retire from the Army soon in order to start a family life
I really need a woman to come up to and be when I will be back to the state, a woman that will be mine forever and that will cherish me for me….

Thank you for spending your time in reading this long note/essay about me…if you think we are still on the same looking page let me know so we can know the way forward… i will be waiting to read more about you.
#77570 by kandrar Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:12 pm
I was just scammed by the guy going by LT Col Michael C Ramos. [email protected] and [email protected]. I got the same invite to FB: Here's his story:
More about me
I'm happy that you are ready to know more about me and i will like to share more information about me with you, that will help us to start knowing each other better ….
I was giving birth to a wonderful family 49 years ago. My dad was an American man that married a Greek woman due to his service and work in Greece when he was younger, he was in the marine until he left and become civil engineer. I was their only son and child. I'm very simple, caring, honest and self independent..
I got married and enjoyed my matrimonial home. I and my wife gave birth to a girl and she's so beautiful and I love her wholeheartedly. Well, I and my wife lived happily and I worked as an Engineer before I later joined the Army 24yrs ago. I fix and inspects Cars and trucks, but I have special interest for the Military because my dad was once in the Military before He retired and started His Civil Engineer Career.
My late wife was dead 5yrs ago in auto crash and I became a widow Since then, it has been one bad experience after another. I also lost my dad last year. I really loved my wife and dad because of the relationship between us.. …She had loved me with all her heart and she had loved me for me. She was so caring and possessed all of the qualities a woman should possess. She was so much an angel that I treasured her so much but God knows why that happened to me. I also give thanks to God that she gave me a beautiful daughter Monica…
I just need someone that can love me for me and we will love each other for the rest of our life, because i know life is too short to play with…
I have learn to leave my past behind and move forward to the future, though my past makes part of my life and I need to plan for my future. I need love again in my life. I had love once in my life and I need a woman that can be mine on a long term goal. I hope I will still find love someday soon, that’s all I believe and I'm so optimistic about it.
I am ready to date from any part of the global. I need to meet my true love, because we don't know where our love is at the moment and we have to keep searching for it anywhere, any time and any way we can.
Presently, I'm active in the Army and been stationed at Fort Gordon Garrison Command, before i was deployed to Afghanistan, am at Afghanistan right now. I live alone on base, while my girl live with my Mom in Greece …although I planned to retire from the Army soon in order to start a family life
I really need a woman to come up to and be when I will be back to the state, a woman that will be mine forever and that will cherish me for me….
Thank you for spending your time in reading this long note/essay about me…if you think we are still on the same looking page let me know so we can know the way forward… i will be waiting to read more about you.

He used some of the same photos as on here for Ramos.
Last edited by Bubbles on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity.
#77596 by Bubbles Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:48 am
Welcome to ScamWarners kandrar and thank you for posting this information. I am sorry you were scammed by this person. Did he get to the asking you for money phase of the "romance"?

As you seem to have realized, scammers are only interested in taking money from you. What you have posted will help others not to be taken in by this faker.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#77922 by kandrar Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:44 pm
Yes he did, and unfortunitaly I fell for it before my friend found out it was a scam. I wish I'd have done more digging before hand. The money was a great loss, but the bigger loss was to my heart.

Bubbles wrote:Welcome to ScamWarners kandrar and thank you for posting this information. I am sorry you were scammed by this person. Did he get to the asking you for money phase of the "romance"?

As you seem to have realized, scammers are only interested in taking money from you. What you have posted will help others not to be taken in by this faker.