If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#73741 by flower Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:05 pm
Well i was contacted by this man on a dating site claiming to be a sgt in the us army based in afghanistan. At first the conversation was lets say "normal" then got a bit more intense. Alarm bells rang when he began talking about a liberty pass. Obviously this sounded far fetched but i looked it up anyway. I came across this site and there in black and white was this man Scott Ramos. He was saying the same to all women he contacted. He is using several email addresses and names. BEWARE!
Advertisement

#73827 by flower Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:23 pm
this man(or excuse for one) uses several emails: [email protected] : sgtscottramos @yahoo.com :scott [email protected]. I also believe he is using the name morris smith. He says hes from Harrogate in uk but when hes mailing he uses so much broken english that alarm bells ring straight away. Why is this man not locked up!
#73848 by Bubbles Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:15 am
Hello Flower, I understand your frustration. The problem is scammers hide behind email addresses which are not realted to who they actually are. The are typically in countries with law enforcement agencies that can be bought off or do not have the resources to pursue this kind of criminal.

The scammers are typically not in the country their victims live in, so to get the local police to involve international resources is not practical.

A few scammers get caought, but the majority of them do not get caught. That is why we do what we do here. We expose scammers and their tactics. The difficulty is we have only the name the scammer has chosen to hide behind. That is all you have too, a name the scammer chose to sound legitimate.

Please continue to help by posting up any scams you come across. :D

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#77915 by kandrar Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:12 am
Unfortunitaly, I fell for the scam. I guess I was more vulnerable than I thought. He was posing as Lt Col Michael C Ramos, Army in Afghanistan. His romantic words hooked me in, and even though I was skeptical of a scam, I fell for it. I had no idea how the military actually worked. I googled his name and a boat load of things came up, but I did not take the time to read them all. I didn't even think to check out his email addresses. Then a friend googled his email and there it was. But it was to late. [email protected] or [email protected]. Beware ladies he is good with the words. I'll never be duped again. Even though the money is a great loss, my heart took a bigger hit.
#77944 by Bubbles Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:22 pm
I am sorry you got scammed kandrar. Scammers are practiced liars and they have no conscience about what they do to the people they victimize.

Your heart will heal with time and freedom from contacting the scammer. I hope you have dropped all contact as that is the only way to be free of the scam.

Feel free to send a PM if you prefer for more support.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#218637 by cassy21 Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:39 am
this is true i recently felt for an add on craigslist. i was suppose to get paid for driving a advertisement on my car for a energy drink i felt for it because my husband drinks that energy drink. I started to see something was wrong wen they send me a "check" which i never deposited because i had my bank checked it to see if it was a fake check. i reported it to the IC3. The email address he used with me was [email protected]. and hes name was scott ramos. he also texted me via a phone number which is 971-225-0417 apparently that area code is from Oregon.