Information on romance scams and scammers.
#74626 by Dotti Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:10 am
In true scammer style, you see poor grammar in the first sentence, and perfect in the rest. That's because the first sentence of that email is the only one he actually wrote. The rest of this "heartfelt" email is nothing more than cut and paste from various online love letters. It appears he has been surfing lovingyou.com, a very popular site for romance scammers:

Most of the first two paragraphs copied directly from this one:
http://archive.lovingyou.com/content/inspiration/loveletters-content.php?ID=889

Third paragraph copied from here:
http://archive.lovingyou.com/content/in ... php?ID=792

The last line comes from this online love letter
http://archive.lovingyou.com/content/inspiration/loveletters-content.php?ID=890

This is a very typical tactic of scammers. They often pull love letters, romantic poetry, and romance quotes from online, and have them ready to send to their victims whenever their victims are doubting them. Many of their romantic emails are simply portions of these (or sometimes the whole documents) strung together.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
Advertisement

#74633 by trin75 Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:28 am
19 Nov 11:57

sgt.mavis009:Every time I think about you,I'm reminded of the reasons why I love you from the depth of my heart and soul. And I wonder what I'd do without you, without your healing smile, your words of faith, the caring and sensitive way just when I need it most. Without you, what would I have? What would I be? I can't imagine existing in a world where someone doesn't love me the way you do. You're the only one who ever understood me and accepted me for who I am. And I think you're nothing short of amazing. Your love always has been and always will be, life's greatest gift to me!

what a joke lol
#74634 by trin75 Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:29 am
19 Nov 12:10

sgt.mavis009:
My red heart is blue, because I'm missing you. Every day, I think about you, and I imagine how great every hour, every minute, and every second would be if you were here with me. Every night, when I lie in bed, I dream that you're beside me, holding me close to you. If you were, I'd whisper in your ear, how much I love you. Since you came into my life nothing has been the same. I've experienced love to its fullest, and I've tasted a beauty that never ends, because you're where my happiness begins. I'm incomplete without you, and I'll never stop loving you. You're the world to me, in brilliant colors. You're my best friend, a favorite song that will never end. And together is where we should be. Someday soon, I pray, that you'll walk through the door and take this

and again i am now ignoring him !!!!!!
#74635 by trin75 Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:30 am
sgt.mavis009: i wish am just there with you now babe and eat with you on the table
sgt.mavis009: I Love You More...

sgt.mavis009: Our love is
caught in rusty chains
without a firm anchor,
snagged by thin wires,
and hounded by fierce winds.
But the islands are
lit up by a mystic moon,
and the silver light
creeps over each wave
that crashes to the shore,

they just keep coming lol !!!!!
:laugh-s:
#74636 by trin75 Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:30 am
sgt.mavis009: pounding out the darkness.
And as the tempest brews,
the wind calls your name,
and with everything I touch,
taste, feel, or see
even the impalpable sparks
given off from a dying sun,
I carry you with me
like a wonderful dream.
All I take in
or improvise,
binds my heart to yours
and keeps it adrift
on this tumultuous sea
sgt.mavis009 is typing...
sgt.mavis009: of unknown making.
And I could never
leave this love
on a distant shore
despite the boundaries
that rise up between us,
because with each day
that passes,
I only love you more.

:laugh-s:
#74638 by trin75 Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:45 am
thank you dotti i dont think he gets it i have told him to leave me alone and know what he is upto but like you said hes a scammer and will not give up so all contact has been blocked only problem is he has my phone number so i will now need to change that xx
#148023 by ginbag Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:08 am
no if anyone says they are from Africa ie Nigeria then they are scammers
#148024 by Bubbles Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:16 am
Welcome to ScamWarners ginbag, Thank you for trying to help potential victims here. The fact is, not everyone in Nigeria or any other country on the African Continent is a scammer.

I would agree with you, if you were to qualify your statement by saying, "Anyone who makes you an offer that is too good to be true, and says they are from 'Africa ie Nigeria', then they are scammers. Most scammers claim to be from any place in the world other than Africa especially Nigeria.

Scammers can be in any part of the world. There are large groups in areas of Canada. There are scammers in Russia, the UK and the Netherlands. If it were simple, something simple could be done to stop them. Sadly, it is not simple.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#151718 by mommabear Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:16 pm
Beware all Sgt Mavis Winston is showing up on facebook. He got busted there and has changed his name to Mavis Jones O'connell. Beware
#152205 by Bubbles Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:25 am
Please give us more information, not just a a name and an accusation. A sample of the emails he sends, the email that he sends them from. Thank you.

#152209 by mommabear Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:48 am
Its not an accusation Mavis Jones and his picture is already posted on this site. I reported that he has changed his name from Sgt Mavis Jones to Sgt Mavis Jones O'Connell with the same picture that is posted in ths very site. Please feel free to go and enter Sgt Mavis Jones O'Connell in facebook and you can see its the same person he just changed his name.
#152647 by Bubbles Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:27 am
Merged so all of the information is in one place easy for search engines to find for victims searching to see who they are dealing with. Thank you.