Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#77931 by brandonshawgla Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:03 pm
Mine isn't the same, but I just recently got scammed on a western union job similar to this so here it is. He is not asking for any money that"s why I'm not sure.

"Job Snapshot
Job Title: Shipping Representative
Job Type: part-time
Experience: Not Specified
Base Pay: $2000
Relocation: United States
Posted: November 30 2011
Ref ID: DEF - 1309745396

Hello, my name is Nathan, I am a hiring manager at Interlink Direct. Our company offers flexible and affordable package delivery services for people from different countries. Due to our rapid progress and perfect service we receive hundreds of new customers every day and need more employees to manage with increasing volumes of correspondence. We have found your CV at CareerBuilder and are ready to offer you a part-time job of a Shipping Representative. The purpose of this job is receiving, checking, rewrapping and reshipping parcels, this is a work-at-home opportunity. We pay 25 USD for every processed parcel, so you may earn up to 2000 USD a month spending as low as 1-2 hours a day. If you are interested in this offer, please write me back as soon as possible (available vacancies amount is limited).
Have a nice day,
Nathan Reynell,
Hiring manager,
Interlink Direct Ltd.
If you are interested and would like to apply for this position, email us your resume and your possible questions at: [email protected]"

If anyone knows whether or not this is a scam, please let me know. As I said before they aren't asking for any money however is this really how interlink direct does business?
Advertisement

#77933 by Arnold Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:00 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners. It's a scam, but not one after your money.
The purpose of this job is receiving, checking, rewrapping and reshipping parcels

I'm not aware of any legitimate reason to employ someone to reship parcels. The contents will have been bought using stolen credit card details, leaving you in trouble when the fraud is noticed. The scammer will stay free.

#78069 by @CBSiteSecurity Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:50 am
Thank you for helping spread a word of caution about these types of messages! Based on the information listed within your original post, the message in question does appear to be a payment processing (shipping) scam. It also appears to be a spoof message designed to appear as if it came from a legitimate source or 3rd party company in order to lend it credibility.

We recommend such messages be disregarded and any current or future correspondence attempts related to the message be ignored.

For more information about Online Fraud, we do offer a Fraud Page for Jobseekers:

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Info/Fraud.aspx

Thank you.

CareerBuilder’s Trust and Site Security Team
@CBSiteSecurity
#78071 by AlanJones Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:57 am
Hi @CBSiteSecurity and welcome to ScamWarners.

Thanks for taking such a proactive stance to employment scams.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#83074 by txluckycharms Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:58 pm
I was scammed, and i sent my information. I didnt see this until i had done it, i received a package today but under someone else's name. I returned it, is there anyone i have to advise or report to.
#83076 by Bubbles Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:31 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners txluckycharms. It is good you realized you were dealing with a scammer. Since you sent the package back, I don't believe there is anything you can do. The evidence is on it's way back to the source.

Was the source an individual or a company? If you have any of the information you might be able to alert the company. If it was from an individual, either they are a victim or a mule. The scammers want to have someone between themself and anyone else they are dealing with so that when things fall apart, they remail anonymous.

Something in the transaction will be stolen or forged. The credit card used to purchase the item was a stolen card or the account the items was shipped through was stolen.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.