If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#74606 by DitaBella Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:06 am
Hi, Guys...

I had the experience with scammer. I joined online dating site http://www.muslima.com last year and suddenly last month i got email from the member of that site. He admitted his name is Majeed Harris from UK. But now he works in Sarawak, Malaysia as an engineer. He said that he was very-very rich but lonely coz his wife died 8 years ago of car accident. He has a daughter, named Aleen, 9 years old and now she lives in UK with his mother.

He sent me a lot of emails about marriage proposal, love of life, caring, etc. He seemed really care about me and my kids. He also sent me some pictures of his family : his sister, his daughter and his mother.

He even called me with the number +601116383114. But sometimes i received a call with the number just +1116383114.

Before i didn't realize that he is a romance scammer. And then my friend told me that a lot of scammers are searching the victims in the internet, and they like the single mom like me.

I investigated about him and he appears in 5 social network sites. He lied when he told me that the first time he registered to dating site. After that, i stopped calling and messaging him. But he always called me and messaged me. And someday a lady called me.
Advertisement

#74611 by Bubbles Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:33 am
Welcome to ScamWarners DitaBella. This is the exact made up story (lie) we hear all of the time from scammers. They want you to feel sorry for them and NOTHING they say is true.

It will be helpful to us if you will post the email address this scammer is using and the first email or two you have received.

If you are still in doubt, pick a sentence from a poem he sent you and put it into a search engine like Google. I guarantee you will find the poem or the exact wording on more than one site.

You can also search his email address to see if that email has been reported previously as being used by a scammer.

Aldo if you can post up the headers that can help seal the proof he is lying.

Regardless, I have no doubt you are dealing with a scammer.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#77639 by Swan Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:06 am
Dear Gals ,

OMG it's just happen now with me , thanks god i had strong feeling that this so perfect to be Real , firstly i had same email from him a month ago , finally we chatting via YM then we meet on Webcam on 3 days ago (11/12/11 ) before i already have his picture & his Daughter name Aeleen but he ask me to call her Blessing , after we meet at webcam he amaze with my looks then he said he deeply falling in love with me since then. first time i saw him at webcam i also attractive with him . he said he want to serious with me & married with me .. since i'm not kind who trust easly , i always push him if i need to talk with his daughter so last night finally i can talk with her , but when i talk with her somthing was strange her voice is like Robot & away from child voice . it's bothering me since then . he continue always call & sms me. Next week he & his daughter will come to visit me . since i had so many Doubt about him , i think & try to find her name to Google Luckly google direct me to this Site ScamWarners .. and Read the mail from DitaBella , i got Shocked since it happen now with me , while i send this mail he call me all the time so i must turn off my phone .. Please help what should i need to do ?? to get Rid of him without he know i already know what he plan to do for me . i can't turn off my phone forever & i can't change my number also.
#77640 by AlanJones Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:31 am
Hi Swan and welcome to ScamWarners,

The scammer will give up calling eventually, when he realises that he is not going to get any money out of you.

One thing that may be possible (if he always calls from the same number) is to speak to your phone provider and see if they can put a block on that particular number calling you.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#78005 by Fleurs_de_Lacours Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:21 am
Hello everybody ...

I know about Majeed Harris too. I met him on dating site. I knew something wrong with him from the first time he wrote for me.
So when he gave me his id, I was googling his name and found the story from DitaBella on this site.
And the story that DitaBella wrote is very similar that he gave to me. The different is he said his wife and sister killed on Saturday, 23 September 2003 in Madeira on their way to Spain on tour "Madeira plane crash".
And see ...he did mistake!! 23 September 2033 wasn't saturday, it was tuesday for the right one!! (lol)

We did chat on yahoo ... He gave me his id: [email protected]. We also talk on phone and sms from Malaysian number. He had 2 number: +601116383114 and +60103165644. Today, that both number is not available anymore.

I was searching about his ID on yahoo too, and I found other ID wits similar name [email protected]. It is very strange cause the picture on both ID using his pictures that he sent to me. :P

One night ... he called me that he was so tired so he couldn't chat with me on yahoo. And at the same, with the helpful from yahoo detector site I found that [email protected] was online.
Then I tried to chat with this ID .. and he admitted that he is the real Majeed Harris, that someone has stolen his ID. I clicked his status "View My Webcam" to see his face. Very strange!! cause it looked like a running video. His body moves is repeated during the chatting time.
Then he called me and sent me sms from UK number +447902340432, tried to convince me. And today this number is not available too.

Since last week, he stopped any connection with me .... maybe he decided to feed up on me, cause he knows he will get nothing from me ... (lol)

So ... girls, be careful with this Majeed Harris... ^_^
#78019 by AlanJones Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:37 am
Hi Fleurs_de_Lacours and welcome to ScamWarners

I am glad that you saw through this scammer's lies.

Thanks for posting the additional details it will help others find the truth about him as well.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#109359 by Grunt Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:24 pm
facebook.com
uid 100001046122677
Yasser Ghoneim
Worked at Architect
Studied at faculty of engineering cairo university
#182517 by petitefemme Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:30 pm
Thank you for sharing. All woman out there needs to be cautious when dealing with frens in muslima.com.
I've been a member fr a couple of yrs. There's more fake profiles than real. I've experience
one fm another social site that has thought me how to recognise them. Luckily, he did not succeed.

For those women who are still a member, pls do not accept interest from profile name Aziz 56yrs old fm France
& Tariq Muhammed 53yrs old fm Ontario, Canada. These 2 are fake profile.

And these 2 are discovered earlier b4 they go further to con me.
#195722 by Sawasdee Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:43 am
I was also scammed by the guy claimed his name is Majeed Harris. The story I was lied about is the same as what presented here. I was scammed in 2011 and I ended up wired money via Western Union to this Majeed Harris which left me being in debts until now for over 30,000 USD.

I would like to warn anyone who are talking with people online, please please please never give away your money to people u never met in real life. If the person you are speaking with online start asking you for money, it's a red flag that he/she is a scammer!

If you happen to come across this site and found out that the name of the person you searched is listed as scammer, please be certain that you are likely being scammed. Dont tell the person you are talking with that you find out his/her name as the scammer will just give you excuse like ohhh the ex did this to me. The ex put my name in scamwarner site just to get back to me. I used to believe this crap and look at me that I ended up losing a lot of money. Even this happened since 2011 I still being suffered with debts until today (2014). The worst part is this scammer is still trying to get in touch with me just to reconnect.

I wish there is a way to bring these low life scammers to punishment but as they are a big international gang, the best way I can do is sharing my story and hope that people will learn from it and not allowing themselves to be victims of love scam.

My scammer used the name Majeed Harris with the same photos that are posted here. I feel so sorry for the real guy in the photos that many of his photos were stolen and being used to scam other people online for money.

He said He is from UK but now work as Engineer in Malaysia. He said his daughter name is Aleen and his mom is originally from Dubai but living in Manchester UK right now. He said his wife was dead in a plane crash Saturday 23 September, 2003 in Madeira on their way to Spain on tour... "Madeira plane crash". I used to ask him to reveal himself in Yahoo Messenger webcam but i found was repeated video frames!

The associated e-mail of this scammer Majeed Harris are

[email protected]
[email protected]

There is another character involved in this scam, that is Hamza David. This name is the recipient name of the money I transferred to Majeed Harris. He claimed that this Hamza David is his personal assistant and he is in Malaysia and money needs to be wired to this name because Majeed is still stuck at the oil rig so he needs the help from his assistant to receive the money to clear his problems. The e-mail related to Hamza David are:

[email protected]
[email protected]

There are many numbers he used to call me

+60 11 1638 3114
+60 10 217 6735
+44 7864 211319
+60 10316 5644

Please be aware of the bank account below too:

Name: NG LEE HOON.
Bank: Public bank.
Ac no 4751381027.
Address: Bandar Sri Damansara branch. No.6, Jalan Tembaga SD5/24, Bandar Sri Damansara, 52200 KL,Malaysia.

These are Nigerian scammer gang residing in Malaysia. Im sure they are still out and hunting to fraud people through love scam online.

I realized this is a scam way too late as I lost so much money to this scammer.

DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO PEOPLE ONLINE! DON'T TRUST PEOPLE IN INTERNET THAT YOU NEVER MET!

I don't want anyone to experience hell that I am going through because of the internet scammer. They may come in different names, different photos, different e-mails, different phone numbers but trust me once the person starts asking for money, for your own safety please do not continue being in contact with this kind of person.
#220221 by LivingLife2014 Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:47 am
]Here are a couple more for the list.
George williams ([email protected]
Kiran Laxman [email protected]

Laxman says he is from Chicago, IL and Williams says he is from Camden, NJ. Both Civil Engineers. Laxman supposedly travels to Malaysisa and Williams to Ghana. Laxman says he is Irish.
Last edited by LivingLife2014 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#220238 by vonpaso xlura Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:58 pm
I know where the name "Kiran Laxman" comes from, and it is definitely not Irish! Could you post the messages they sent?

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10