If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#76788 by Helen Halper Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:35 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners, deluded!
I'm really sorry that you were hurt by this scammer. No, it's not the person in the photos that you were sent and the scammer is not in the army. He's most likely a young Nigerian man, sitting in an internet cafe in Nigeria, making up whatever lies he thinks will cause his victims to send him money.
Would you please post an email or two that he sent you, and include the headers. Instructions for finding them are in my signature below. We can trace the headers and probably see where he was sending the emails from.

Advertisement

#78062 by keiko Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:07 am
He is also going by the name Wells. Emmanuel He/ she (?!) contacted my friend on Plenty of Fish, I did a bit of digging and found this site. The photos are the same as is the background stories poems etc.

Hope this will help others not to be scammed, he mentioned needing money for a satellite phone which raised her suspicions.

hanks so much for taking your time to write to me.How has your day been ?Mine is good.I hope you are doing fine?. I think it will be cool to start by telling you a little about me.I'm Emmanuel Wells, I am 45 years old,i have a daughter,she means the world to me,she is 7years old and live with my ex.I am currently in Korea I work with US-intelligence Homeland Security Sub-committee on Counter-terrorism and Intelligence investigated task force i was formally deployed in Afghanistan as a Army on special duty...Having served as a special duty officer(one of the few people that handle the Military Top secrete)......I Love my job
The CIA was plagued with low morale after failing to prevent the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks and then providing crummy intelligence that led to the Iraq War. But the agency has seen a bit of a bounce back in its reputation recently despite a report questioning its interrogation techniques. People seem to be clamoring to join. Last year, the agency received 120,000 job applications online and expects a 40 percent to 50 percent increase this year.
In the years following the Sept. 11 tragedy, the agency has hired about half of its overall work force. Currently, there are open positions in 90 different occupations from psychologist to software engineer.Does my job sound interesting to you?

I have been single for 2 years since my marriage ended in such a painful manner.I think its about time i moved on now and find my self a good woman who i can hopefully spend the rest of my life with.I have got lots of love in me that i want to share.

I'm passionate,loving,caring,trusting,honest,romantic and faithful.And all i am looking for is that special woman to move on with.A woman that i can love and will love me back.A woman that i can do that simple things of life with and share and enjoy life together.I hope to get to know more about you.I love all kinds of music but i have special interest in Blues,Hip Hop,Rap and a lover Basketball,Tennis,swimming and Soccer and a big fan of Manchester united football club,I also love the simple things of life like watching sunshine and walking the beach with the right with woman is my heaven.

I want to meet the woman i can love,adore and spend the rest of my life with.I will also like to tell you that i am only interested in a serious and long term relationship as i want a more stable life now.I am so sorry if i sound too direct,its just that i wouldn't want to waste either your time or mine cause i have come to realized that life is too short to pretend.I have attach some of my recent pix and i hope you will like it,I have added you on it,Looking forward to read from you soonest.

Cheers

Wells
#79581 by Dupped3891 Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:58 pm
how could i!! wrote:I fell for this scammer hook line and sinker, i thought at my age I'd have know better. I met him on Uniform Dating and like others it seems, received a heart felt written email, explaining how his wife had cheated on him and divorced her 2 years ago, his parents had died when he was young and was brought up by grand parents In US and SOUTH AFRICA. We started chatting in August this year, untill last night. Out of curoisty I put his name in a search engine and came up with this site.
I have spent the afternoon at a police station, because I had claimed money supposed Friends were sending, and sent it on to him so he could get leave. I can't believe how he took me in, the photo's he sent made him irresistible. Personally I've lost 1000 pounds. It could have easily been more.
Please beware of him, I've had to change my bank account and mobile number because of him .

HE IS ALSO USING -
Samuel Cindrich: [email protected] and [email protected]
Christopher Cindrich: [email protected],
Samuel D Johnson: dadloveslilphil@aol or [email protected]
Samuel D Rizzo: dadloveslilphil@aol or [email protected]
Possible Accomplice: Ed Wakayama [email protected]
#79593 by sacie Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:02 pm
Awesome. Got me too. Meet him on Plenty of Fish. Got all the same emails and photos.

He's going by 1st Sgt Samuel Johnson now. Supposedly lives in Chicago, 7 year old son named Phil. Parents died, raised by grandpa in South Africa doing ministry work. Adopted at 20 (?) by a family named Johnson. Original last name Rizzo and from Nashville. Only living relative is a cousin named Dwayne. Went to IIT in Chicago and is an engineer working for the Defense Intelligence Agency/Army in North Korea. Was sent to London and then Dublin over Christmas. Original time stamps in emails was from Africa, which he switched to Korea. Lots of grammar errors, red flags every where which I ignored for a while.

Email is [email protected]
Username on Yahoo IM is dadlovesphil

Yep, was 3000 short for a Liberty Pass. Forwarded confirmation of his flight and everything. Seriously. Scam for sure.
#79759 by Bubbles Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:55 am
Welcome to ScamWarners sacie and yes, definitely, that is a scam. It is good that you didn't fall for it and it certainly helps for you to have posted it here. It will certainly help someone else who is in contact with this scammer.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#116570 by SamVictim Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:25 am
He is now going by the name of Samuel Wash or Samuel Wash Rice. I also got sucked in. The emails copies I found here are exact as mine. Thanks for posting those photos. I got them as well.
After reading the names on here I did a wider search and found Samuel Cindrich on FaceBook. He seems to be wearing real US army uniform showing his name etc. he also asked me for funds to help him re-new hos liberty pass. I have quite a bit of information now and am looking into reporting him to US Army CID and maybe FBI. I'm sorry for anyone who actually sent money I really feel for you. I confronted Sam Wash cause that's what he clea himself with me with this site and link. He said he is the victim here that someone has hacked into his emails and that the "Talabans" have set this site up to get to the army and CIA. The lies this man spins. The email addresses he uses now are [email protected] and [email protected]
Thank you to everyone who has posted about this man. I also can't believe I initially fell for him at my age.
#116572 by Dotti Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:38 am
I'm sorry to hear that you were taken in by this scammer.

It is important to understand that the photos you received were of a real US soldier--but you were never in contact with that soldier, or anyone in the US military. Unfortunately, the US military cannot actually do anything about this scam. They will simply instruct you to report the crime to IC3.

The scammer is an African man who is not in the United States. He is outside the jurisdiction of the US government, including the US military. He stole the photos he is using off the internet. They may have been on the real soldier's facebook or myspace page, or even in a news story or album about the war. But he copied those photos to his own computer drive, so even if they are removed from the original location, he still has copies that he will continue to use until they are no longer profitable for him.

If you haven't already, the best thing to do is to cut off all contact with this scammer. Do not point out his mistakes or the inconsistencies in his story, or the things that prove he is a scammer. When you do that, you help to educate him to scam better next time. No matter what he says, he is not going to feel guilty or repent his actions--to him this is a business transaction, and the women he steals from are nothing more than a means to get money.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#169750 by Bryon Williams Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:22 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners pseudotodd,

Thank you for updating that he is still active. Could you post some new information on him. Email address, Emails he may sent you. What site he is on and his profile information. Pictures are also helpful.

This will help others find him when they search the internet and avoid his scam attempts.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#194830 by jjc2cats Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:53 am
Hi, I am in the same place as you, but he is calling himself michael gibson and is presently in korea, and all the warning bells went off when he couldn't get home because of his papers being tied up and needing $3k dollars to retrieve them. I luckily didn't send anything but after that started searching much deeper.

I am very hurt and disappointed, but when I think back to his first email, asking me what I look for I a man, I gave him everything he needed to play me. I have seen him com up on another site as Raul mengar, or something very close to that. His email address he gave me was [email protected].

sorry ladies but this man was too good to be true and I fell for it hook, line and sinker.

he will also say he needs a next of kin and you will recieve an email from a major paul doherty of the JAG corp, asking you for some basic details full name, age, relationship, address it all looks ok, but it is not,

oh and the sick puppy has a sister dying of cancer. What a knob head
#194854 by Dotti Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:02 am
Welcome jjc2cats:

The person writing you is not an American soldier. In fact, he isn't even American.
He is an African scammer who very likely has never set foot in the US. Though they may be located anywhere, most of these scammers operate out of Nigeria, Ghana, and Malaysia. The US military is aware of them, but unfortunately, because they are not in the US, they are unable to do anything about them. The US military has posted a warning: http://www.cid.army.mil/romance_scam.html

There are literally thousands of African scammers running this exact same scam for a living. Some work as gangs, others do it on their own, paying others to help with money collections or to create fake documents as needed. One scammer will steal a script from another without hesitating, so even if they use the same story, they may not be the same scammer.

Because scammers do copy scripts from each other, we often recommend that you post the first few emails he sent to you, and perhaps the emails where he starts to bring up needing money or directly asks for it. These are the ones the scammers area most likely to reuse. Remove your own information first, if there is information specific to you in the messages. Often victims find that even though the messages were very romantic, they really weren't very personal and could have been written to any woman. Because the scammers simply recycle these scripts to use on multiple victims, posting them can help a future victim to recognize the scam.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#210277 by shllshll83 Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:03 pm
Ive just recently been talking to this guy hes using [email protected] currently and I met him on ok cupid. Today he just asked for my bank account information and my address I didn't give him either. Hes definitely a sweet talker but please beware of him! Cindrich Taylor is the name he was currently using.
#210894 by warbait Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:04 pm
Very sorry to hear these stories.

Please remember, this is NOT rife in the U.S military. You was never talking to a member of the military to begin with.

The photos you recieved were of a real soldier, these will be used without his knowledge. The reality is you was speaking to a scammer, acting as a soldier, who was probably from somewhere in africa.
#219331 by Justalittlered Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:46 pm
I think he's changed names again, this is the second person I have received messages from on an online data site.

The first was on Uniform Dating, Daniel Camp, emails the same pretty much declaring his love for me straight away. I refused to send money which is when he got nasty.

Here is the initial email I received -
On Saturday, 23 August 2014, 14:52, Daniel Camp <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello........
hope you are okay with the pics?
Just thought i should tell you more about my self as well and if your still
interested in me we can get on knowing more about each other, just hope we get along well and much better, really wish for that, cause you really sound interesting.
I'm 45 years old..I'm from New York (NY) and i am from London too,you are wondering how could it be,well dads from London, but my mum is from the states in New York (NY) . I lived with my parents first in France then later relocated back to New York as a family while i was 12,my parents started having problems while i was just 8,my mum was not very faithful to my dad and knowing that as a child was not very good for me,my dad won custody of me,mum left with another man to a far place and we never saw her again after going to court,dad moved to California where i grew up.Growing up as a child with a single parent was not very easy for me,but i had to get used to it, i schooled at California State University after my degree i went to (UNITED STATE MILITARY ACADEMY WEST POINT
IN NEW YORK) to join US Army as a grand trooper when i was 24,I working in the engineering department.
i was married to Emily who is from London for 16 years, we met in my university days in California State University,we had a lovely son together, Dave is 12.4 years before we were meant to relocate back to UK together i lost her in an auto crash,lost dad not long too after a brief illness,it was very hard for me to have lost the most 2 wonder people in my life.dad always told me son: American women are shit,son go for a British woman...they are the best,they treat a man right which i know its true, so i relocated to the UK to establish a home there,i was in the UK just 3 months before i was deployed to Afghanistan Kabul on a peace keeping mission.
I've been on deployment with the US Army to Afghanistan for 6 months now and i will be having my leave in 2 weeks time,but i am working on my retirement as this is my last tour as i want to settle down with the right woman that will love me for who i am and nothing more,hopefully, who i can spend the rest of my life with so as to move on with life.....
I have a COCOA business in West Africa (Nigeria) it was Dads and i promised to run it for him as it was part of his dying WISH,but i could not look after it myself due to my job,i have agents who run it for me since deployment to afghan.i have invested so much in this business because when i retire from the army i will have something to fall back to.don't get me wrong,not that im gonna be living in Africa,no i wont but will look after it from home(UK)
The main reason why i joined the site is to find someone that will take me for whom i am and ready for a good relationship worth keeping forever..I'm a nice guy who seems to think of others before myself...I'm honest , caring,loving,intelligent and focused on whatever i do...i always feel it is better to be myself,I'm never fake. i am who i am,my faults and all, but there is a lot of good in me, if i am your friend, i am a true friend not someone who is only there for what they can get out of a person, when i love, i love with all my heart...i love going to the cinema,having a walk by the beach and lake side with someone that means the whole world to me...
you can ask me anything else you would love to know about me (that's if i haven't said it all lol)..hope this does not turn you off.
Daniel xxx

The second was from Ok Cupid today -

Michael Cinrich <[email protected]> wrote here is the email he sent (note that he signed his surname spelt slightly differently to his email address) -
Thanks for writing me back on the site.Honestly When i first saw your Profile i was intrigued! also with polite profile, You're a beautiful woman and i really admire that very much. First you have to understand that all that glitters aren't Gold but when i see a pure diamond i won't hesitate to jump on it. silly me with cute joke loll .
Do you honestly think we can make magic?.. Am in search of an Ideal Woman!! Someone to share my passion and love for. If you think you're worth it.. Let make magic.. I want you to know that Fate has brought us together and we need to have Faith in each other , and i know we can make this work only if we try..
One thing you should know i'm American and British .. mom was a British and dad American... my parents relocated to America when i was 5 years old so that i can have a good education but i have decided to relocate back to Uk because UK women are very nice and caring.You have my Attention! I will write a lot about me on my next email - this is just a tipsy.

I want you to know that distance should not be an obstacle to real happiness, i know we can make this work only if we try and put our minds to it..i will love to know you and see where this will take us to...hoping to hear from you soon
Michael Cindrich

I will be reporting the second one as a scammer, the first one Daniel is no longer on Uniform Dating so I am unable to report him.

Whatever you do ladies DO NOT send any cash to these guys, luckily I didn't so I've not lost anything!!!!
Red
#294375 by AP2016 Tue May 10, 2016 4:38 pm
Hi all
He is still playing the same game, now with the name Corey and using Tinder at first before switching to the following mail address: [email protected] and also using an app called LINE (as apparently not having whatsapp) using the name "coreyontherun"..
He has a facebook account under the name of John Cindrich..!!
The mails I saw here that he had sent are very similar to what he had sent to me. Also some of the pictures were the same and others he had sent can be found on that fb profile..
He said he is living in switzerland but on a secret mission for the US army in Nigeria and needs the money as government wants to take his house from him and that he needs urgently to pay an attorney. He wrote he has enough money but that his account he had together with his wife who past away is blocked due to investigations as his wife was incolved in some illegal business.
Thank god I didn't trust him and also thank to this site found the prove that my gut feeling was right..
Watch out and spread the word to help as many others not falling for this apparently so charming and good looking guy..