If you have received a warning from someone claiming to be a ScamWarner and want to check if it is genuine, please ask here.
#78313 by bad_kitty8u2 Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:14 pm
He IMd me on messenger n told me that God had sent him to me. Lol... He warned me that a few guys i wuz chatn with were scammers. He asked me to google their names&get bk2 him after i did so. He also made sure to ask me to google his name as well. I dont believe this dude is there to hellp(intentional misspld). He seems2B yet another scammer- stabn his fellow scammrs in the back...just more proof that these lames have no scruples or sense-NO HONOR AMONGST THIEVES! Aint that the truth???
Advertisement

#78346 by AlanJones Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:36 am
Hi bad_kitty8u2 and welcom to ScamWarners.

d_bellavia/david bellavia is not one of the scam warners from this site, but that doesn't mean that he isn't acting independently as a good samaritan.

If you are going to continue chatting with him then proceed with caution and if he asks you for any money or to receive cheques/goods for him (or something equally dodgy) then you will know he is a scammer.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#78375 by bad_kitty8u2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:50 am
Well tonite the truth came out about Mr. Bellavia! He got straight to the point by first asking me wut i did for a living... Then how much $did i make... Wen i told him that he was being a bit too nosey, he got a bit more testy with me, and hurled an insult at me cuz i didnt tell him about my$ status. I told him wow! That is good! I like that... I wrote it in the yoruba language(Nigeria) n thats wen all hell broke loose! He cursed me in his native tongue thus showing his tru identity... N intent! I dont know wut he sed to me but i know they werent nice! Anyways i deleted him & none2worry cuz he has no personal info of mine whatsoever! Just add that punkass lame2 the scammer list, please! Thank u! Check him off... Now whos next?? Lol.. Im joking here...
#78403 by Dotti Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:43 am
I'm glad you got that one sorted without wasting too much time. As Alan said, there are legitimate people who are out there trying to warn targets, but we have also seen scammers "warn" targets about other scammers many times before. Sometimes the scammer is even playing both characters! The scammer wants you to be grateful for the warning, so that you place more trust with him. In addition, by warning you about other scams, he can "eliminate the competition," so to speak, and ensure he has a better chance of getting your money.

As you indicated, someone you have just met online has no right to demand information about your financial situation, and it is absolutely correct to question the motives of someone who immediately shows too much interest in knowing what you earn, whether you own your house, etc.

A legitimate warner will give you the information about scammers without asking inappropriate questions about your personal life or financial status.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#80652 by bad_kitty8u2 Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:01 am
GREETINGS TO U ALL FROM HOLLYWIERD, CA... Must add 2 more names to the kingz of scam list: Andrew Patrick/ [email protected] & Richard James/ [email protected]. I think these guys jumped on the d_bellavia bandwagon n tried to verbally assault me with words of their native scammage(thatz scammer-language!). Bellavia must have spread the word about me or they all work together- a couple days after the bellavia incident, i was bombarded with IMs from andrew & richard plus a few more names i never even heard of... I guess they all think i speak their language since i had that yoruban chat with bellavia... Lol... Such nastiness! I musta hit a nerve & 4 me thats not only hilarious but an awesome thing! Hee Hee...
#80842 by Nailgunner Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:42 pm
^ antagonising scammers is known in the trade as "scambaiting" and while strictly speaking it's outside this forum's remit, the basics bear repeating. Rule 1: Don't bait a scammer who has any of your real life information! this includes any email address you have used for personal stuff. this is very important for your safety. It can be done safely but this line of enquiry is best pursued at http://forum.419eater.com/forum/index.php, our associate site for scambaiting. Looking forward to working with you over there, translation into Yoruba would be very useful sometimes.

Are they who they say they are? Google their email address or mobile phone number and see where else they've been. Use Google Images to see if they have stolen somebody elses' photographs.