Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#80118 by AlanJones Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:37 am
The above scammer is listing cars for sale on AutoTrader and using the fake website http://www.2009q5audi.carsonwebuk.co.uk

Thank you for your interest in my 2009 Audi Q5.
I lived in the UK until a month ago. Because of the economic crisis, the company where I worked went bankrupt and I had to move to San Fernando, Spain with my family.
I took the car with me because I love it and I wanted to keep it. I didn`t thought it would be so difficult to drive a right hand drive car here (also, the vehicle registration fees are too big for my current budget). This is the main reason I want to sell it. I tried to sell it here to a dealer and he told me that he will not buy it and that I would have to sell it back in the UK.
Rather than keep it in a garage (during this economic crisis), I decided to sell it to someone back in the UK for a very attractive price.
I want to sell in the UK, because it is a UK version (right hand drive) and meets all the UK standards. I bought this car in the UK and it is registered there, so you will not have to pay any fees for transportation, it has active MOT and road tax is payed. It is still registered in the UK, so you will not have problems in terms of customs procedures.
It is in perfect condition. The body is immaculate, no scratches, dents or hidden defects. The interior is an excellent shape. It was never involved in any car accident and it is as described.
You will receive from me the keys and all the documents to register the car in your name.
The car will be sent from Cadiz. If the car is not the as I described it, you will be given a full refund. The car will be insured during transportation and will be delivered to your address within 10 days. The final price is 9000 GBP (price includes transportation fee and insurance charges).
I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this business is 100% legitimate, the financial part of this agreement will be managed by a company that has offices both in the UK and Spain, and in this way we will be both protected 100% during this transaction.
Tell me if you need further details or if you want to buy the car

Thank You
Leonardo

I bought this car in the UK and it is still registered there, so you do not have to pay import fees or any other taxes. Before shipping I will get the bill of sale notarized and I will send it along with the car. Look at the registration number and vin of the car if you want to check it:
REG: WU09VUS
VIN: WAUZZZ8R29A043909

Because I live outside UK, and we can not complete the transaction personally, Google Checkout is the best solution.
You will send payment to Google and they will keep the funds until your receive the car and are satisfied with it. In this way both buyer and seller are covered 100%. As for me, I'll be secured knowing they are in possession of the money.
You will be given 15 days for inspections, starting from the day you receive the car (I will send it to your address, insured for full value).
If you decide to keep the car, then you will have to authorize Google to send me the funds, and the transaction is complete. If the car is not as described (perfect interior, exterior and mechanical condition), you can send the vehicle back via the same transport company and ask Google to return the funds to you.
If you want to read more about this service please visit http://checkout.google.com.autos-google ... fhRj8o4ntw
If you want to buy the car please sign up for an account at: http://checkout.google.com.autos-google ... fhRj8o4ntw and tell me e-mail address you used to create this account

Regards,Leonardo

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement