Information on romance scams and scammers.
#66039 by maltbabe Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:21 am
I met this handsome and wholesome looking man on line. 2 weeks after talking he came up with a credible story? and had him checked out he is not in the Army . Or he stole this profile pictures from someone. I have all e-mails and more pictures. This guy is a LIAR I apologize but I am not able to posy the pictures or insert copies of e-mails. Please indicate on how to proceed and I will indert pictures.
Advertisement

#66043 by Katharina Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:17 am
Welcome maltbabe,
I'm glad you are safe!

Posting email: You need to mark the whole text, copy it, and insert it in a "Reply" window. Be sure to delete your own name and email address. - I'm sending you a PM with my private email address, so if you find it difficult you can forward me the scam emails.

For posting pictures, please read here:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
#66178 by Katharina Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:13 am
maltbabe has kindly submitted pictures used by the scammer who is calling himself James Harrison or Harison:

#66179 by Katharina Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:22 am
Here are samples of emails written by so-called James Harrison [email protected]
Good Morning how are you doing there hope you are safe as I'm here,it was nice talking to you yesterday and i really appreciate it very much i will continue talking to you and get to know you better.the name once again is James and I'm single looking for woman to spend the rest of my life with in a good and bad times,here are some pic of me for you to see whom really you a=
re talking to hope you can also send a pic of you in a returning.i will look forward to talk to you tonight

The scenario for future money requests: A very valuable parcel whose shipment will require fees.
Babe thank you very much about your reply i do enjoy reading it you also let me know that you are that special woman to shear every secret with i will never hide nothing from you
Honey, I can’t take my eyes from the Gift Box. It’s right beside me. They are so Beautiful and expensive. I am Happy am now down with my packing’s. Honey, can I count on you to keep this Gift box for me till I come to you? You know the content of this Gift box is very expensive and we should keep them with care until our wedding day. The reason why am asking you this is because, since you are the first person I want to see and spend some days with you and your family, I want to send some of my cloths and things to you to reduce the quantity and stress of loads on me when coming home. I have lot of things here I have to bring with me. I wanted to send them over to my house, but there is no one in my house to receive them and it might got missing. The old security man in my house is alcoholic and can not be relied on. I have tried the ring on my finger and it fits just perfect fine. I want u to do the same and see if it fits you and the Ear Ring to. tell me when you have received them. I want you to keep them in a safe place for me and the Bracelet.

I will need your Address and your Available Cell phone number to be able to send you the things. I know a Delivery Man here who is also a Diploma, He delivers most of our Major’s goods to his wife and family. I can trust on him to deliver the things to you. I will Visit him at his office Tomorrow and hand over the things to him to deliver them to you. Listen, I wont be able to pay the Delivery Man here. I don’t have enough money but will do my best to get him some money for the flight charges and taxes.. I will tell him he is going to get paid when he deliver the things to you. I will ask him how much is it going to cost me to deliver the things to you tomorrow when I get to his office. I will tell him you are going to pay him when you receive the things from him. Don’t worry, I will hide my Visa ATM Card in my Military Uniform Pocket and show you the pin number for you to get the money from my Account and pay the Delivery Man. I will talk to him and make him understand so that he can wait for you for some minutes and get the money from any nearest Visa ATM Vendor.

I wont disclose all the content of the things inside the package to him just for personal reasons. I will just tell him it’s my cloths and some stuffs he needs to deliver to you as soon as possible.the package will be seal and I will tell him not to open it until it gets to you under Military Law.....so please if you are going to receive the package for me please let me know i will be waiting to hear from you and now what to do i love you

The fake diplomat introducing himself [email protected]
it was nice hearing from you,am the diplomat your Husband Sgt James Harrison told you about.Am to deliver some special package to you that contains some important military documents and other stuffs which are important to him as he stated. I have a lot to do about this package since he told me that the package means a lot to him and i have to make sure that nothing happens to it...By so doing i need not to come straight to your location and has specify on rules to follow to deliver the package safe,am sure he told you this .I am to pass through the countries where there are low security measures to be able to make it to your location.For now what i want you to do for me is to confirm some details about you which your husband gave me today .This also means, i will need your full corporation and your assistance so i can serve you and your husband to your fullest satisfaction .I really have a lot of respect for your husband because he is doing a lot for my country and making sure that, peace comes to my country. I have devoted myself to help him with this package. I know its not going to be easy for me because of security measures and check points this days.All the same i will do all what i can to get this going so i hope you will stay with me to make this easy for both of us.....Hope to hear from u very soon

madam

John
#66201 by maltbabe Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:22 am
THANK YOU!!

I just pray others come to this site before they are ripped off.

This is all very sad but it does happen ladies!!!

This is real and I have all e-mails and conversations saved.

Look at uniform. This man's last name is JAMES not Harrison like the scammer wanted me to believe.

Another thing, a week or son into the conversation he asked me not to share our friendship with anyone iuntil he arrived in the US. Looking back, I see this as him fearing that someone would slap me to reality. I did not need this. I slapped myself back.

If anyone has further questions about this, e-mail me.

HELL HAS NO FURY LIKE A WOMAN SCORNED. I have erased and blocked him from my contacts and I suspect that there is another onwe in the same group trying to scam me. i will keep you posted on this!
#69469 by maltbabe Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:18 pm
Hi:

I found this looser again. He is on MATCH.com still calling himself James but a diferent screen name and new picture. Should I report him?
#69485 by Bubbles Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:46 am
We don't encourage reporting scammers to sites like Match. The reason for this is the known location gets kicked off but that doesn't stop the scammer. They just open a new account with a slightly different name as you have seen.

I hope this makes sense to you. Scammers like a bad infection keep surfacing with new names. We like them to stay put so we can point to the scam and help others who might be searching for that name.

So, no, don't turn them in so we can find them. It is great that you asked. :D

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#70035 by amysue Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:10 pm
well, he got me too. it was my first time to use match.com, james was the first man i talked to. to find a 54 yr old army man within an hours drive from me was surreal. sargent james harrison, in aftganistin set to retire at the end of oct 2011. i guess i was a lonely idiot who fell hook, line and sinker. i recieved the same pictures, words of endearment and promises of a wonderful future together that i see others have also been told. after a short time, i kept saying to myself can this be real? thank god above i only told one friend about meeting james as i am so embarassed to have let my barriers down. it felt so good to have someone say i love you and i want us to be a family. his birthday was to be oct 24th. i was to contact [email protected] in order to mail him his "gift". he wanted a blackberry 9900. i told him the next day i could not afford the phone, miffed but stated our love was not about money. what lead me to question his idenity was the picture he sent me in his army uniform had "james" on the front pocket. having known someone else in the military, i wondered why his last name was not on the uniform. i gave him my cell #. he did text me several times. i called sprint as i did not have an internation plan and i did not want to pay some large fees for texting outside the US. now i know why sprint said there were no international texts. he is not out of the country. it kills me to think back on things we talked about, mainly my daughter's death 1 1/2 yrs ago. i can not believe i did this. how is a person ever to trust again?
#70038 by Bubbles Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:26 am
I am sorry you got taken in by this scammer amysue. You had no way of knowing that there were people / criminals who do this kind of activity. Sadly, they do prey on people who have already been through difficulty.

We do not judge, we support, educate and warn about scams. Many members here have been scammed, so you are in good company.

I am sorry for the loss of your daughter. We are here to support you.

#70061 by Dotti Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:47 am
I'm sorry you were scammed, Amysue. You weren't stupid--you were new to the world of online dating, and it wasn't something you were prepared for. He, on the other hand, is a professional thief who says whatever is necessary to get what he wants--and he has plenty of experience in saying the "right" things.

Ironically, the scammer probably is not in the country--he is most likely an African scammer who is in Western Africa or Malaysia--but he may very well have used a US based texting website to send his texts to your phone. The email address and the name on the uniform versus the name he used are both indicators of an African scammer--African scammers tend to overuse "diplomats" and they also frequently mix up given versus surnames.

It will be hard to trust new people for a while, but in one way it is probably a good thing. If a scammer has identified you as a potential victim, he will likely try to approach you again from a new name/angle or even share your info with other scammers. If you decide to continue online dating (and there are real people out there, but there are many scammers too), being extra alert will help to keep you safer from those approaches. After time you will find that most scammers become more obvious, and you will be able to quickly identify and ignore them.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#70254 by maltbabe Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:12 pm
James Harrison back in action at MATCH.com. he is now called lovexxccu another picture same creep. I paid a month's subscription and cancelled after I found him. he has had 3 aliases in Match.

Ladies beware!!!
#70290 by Bubbles Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:08 am
Mailbabe, if you still know those profile names. feel free to post them up for others to beware of.

Thank you for the information.

#70338 by maltbabe Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:06 am
Good morning all:

Here are the aliases James Harrison has used and is using on MACTH.com

lovebye00 - this is how I met him

hotpkins654 - profile he used before I met him

lovermanxxccu - this is the profile he is using now.

please let me know if you want the pictures and I migh be able to cut and past them.
#93247 by Spook Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:21 pm
Oasis
Jamesloveman223
Male 50 United States
My friends describe me as high energy and a doer and a caring person and hard worker. A brave person because of some of the adventures I go on although I just do it because it's my passion. Interesting and intelligent people and nature,especially birds, make me smile. I love gardening and landscaping, birding and hiking,kayaking and bicycling.Nature photography is a major passion and
Location 4404mi

Miami | Florida | United States
Seeking Criteria
Members anywhere in United States.
Relationship with a female.

Between 42 and 58 years of age.
What I'm Looking For
I am looking for a woman who will accept me as i am .I'm looking for someone with similar passions who has time to get out and experience life and be creative. Someone who likes who they are and is confident and with minimal vices. notice I said minimal, because no one is perfect. Honesty and respect for others is big in my book. Caring for the natural world is also important to me and has been since I was in high school. I'm grateful for good friends and good health but I have always practiced good health habits. I enjoy art and occasional live music and am not a TV watcher as I prefer to be active. I am fit and average look and not into foo-foo if you know what I mean. I don't have an agenda in this and I'm quite independent and happy with who I am and would like to meet someone who can get out and have some fun!! Anything else you want to know should be saved for the right time and the right person. At least leave something to mystery and excitement to look forward to in a person. That's why relationships take time. I know my woman is out there and will love you to email me or contact me as i am a one man woman.

ImageImage