Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#80537 by isos1980 Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:03 am
Hello,

a "real person" told me about this link and he said is not scam....

It' s sound strange that they are hiring translator even if the level of knowledge of english is not excellent....

Have you ever heard about this kind of "job"?

and you have to pay fee to get the job.....mmmmm

another scam?

http://www.realtranslatorjobs.com/
Advertisement

#80541 by AlanJones Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:13 am
The WhoIs information for the website shows that it was registered in 2009, which is a long time for a scam site.

There are however 2 red flags.

1. The registrant of the site is hiding behind a privacy service for the registration (what have they got to hide?)
2. They are asking for a fee to join up.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#145747 by Antonios Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:18 am
:roll:
I think that the red flag could be that they say that it doesn't matter your level of English to work as a translator.

They say that they have training tools available.

Probably, some of those tools could be English as a Second Language training. (ESL)

I don't think that any legitimate company will hire or pay (as a freelancer) anybody for a translation to English if that translator doesn't know at least basic English and good grammar.

They clearly state that they aren't the employer. They are asking for a "one time fee" for a list of companies that are looking for translators. All languages are accepted. Translations are from and to English.

Since this product is sold through ClickBank there shouldn't be any problems requesting a refund if you are not satisfied with the product. They have an unconditional 60 day money back Guarantee for all products (digital) sold by their vendors. I have been with CB for many years and haven't had any problems with them when asking for a refund.

I have bought very good products and not so good products from CB vendors. As it is in life.

If the companies aren't legitimate, probably, they are selling the product on the assumption that most of the people buying this product won't ask for a refund.

I have worked as a freelancer English to Spanish translator (Spanish is my native language), and those companies really request real expertise of at least to the language that the job is going to be translated to.

But to do a good translation job to your native non-English language, you have to know English, and very helpful, language and professional jargons and slangs.

When I was translating to English I usually had to ask for definitions, especially of professional jargon. Engineering, medicine, lawyers, accounts, teachers, associations all have terms specific to their professions. One word in a profession can mean something very different in another profession, even in the same language.

I don't know if this offer is honest, legitimate or a scam. I came to here to find out if it was. Looking for other members with any experience with them. Members that have bought the "subscription" and have worked it out.

Some people buy a product, don't use it, then say that it is a scam. You have to try the product following its instructions. There are no overnight magic buttons to riches, and to any income.

Even the lottery you have to go out, buy the winning number. You have to spend money, the price of the lotto ticket, too.

Has anybody tried the product for at least 30 days?

Sincerely,

Antonios

:oh-joy:
#145763 by Dotti Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:10 am
I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

It's no different than thousands of other "make easy money" type of sites on the internet that target people who are not otherwise qualified. You can find them offering modeling jobs, mystery shopping jobs, foreclosed real estate, you name it. They will not have ANY connections with any legitimate companies hiring translators. They will not have access to unlisted jobs, properties, or opportunities.

How these sites work is pretty much the same, regardless of the moneymaking opportunity being offered. In fact, many of the are even based on the same (or similar) templates!

Typically, what will happen is this:
-Site does some searches for businesses who have placed ads or even just have employees performing the activity in question. (For properties, they may just pull free public records). These are usually free internet searches that can be performed by anyone.
-They simply put the names of the companies or opportunities they find in a list. They don't research the individual hiring companies or their requirements, or the detail on the properties. In reality they don't care.
-They might offer additional "tools" on their website--e.g. tutorials, templates, whatever. Again, most of this content is simply taken from elsewhere on the internet, or is of fairly low quality.
-They create a website offering leads. They are careful NOT to guarantee anything except this list. They do not guarantee that individuals will get a job or make money.
-They make it more appealing to people who are less qualified (in this case people whose English is not as good.) They do this, because these people are not going to be successful in finding an opportunity on their own, and therefore are more likely to pay a site that they think may be able to help them.
-When someone signs up, they send them this list.

When the person fails to make money and demands a refund, they will refuse (or just won't respond.) If the person attempts a chargeback or a reversal through an external service, they will most likely fight it, based on the grounds that they provided exactly what they described. They offered you a list, and they sent one. They didn't guarantee anything else. If you were denied a job or didn't end up making money, it would be the result of your own qualifications, not their site.

You can see reports from others here:
http://www.translationdirectory.com/forum/threads/?2285

As far as clickbank goes, looking at their actual terms of service, this is what they say:
ClickBank will, at its discretion, allow for the return or replacement of any product within 60 days from the date of purchase.

That means that if the company can establish that they provided you with what they offered (and technically if they were careful, they can do that), clickbank does not have to refund your money.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.