Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#66535 by Katharina Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:48 am
Thank you for this report; it is especially valuable as it is the first time this phone number and email address are being used for scamming. So now a Google search will lead victims to your post.

I searched for this sentence:
Thanks for your interest in the PA position, I will deeply appreciate all genuine efforts to help me monitor and keep up to date with all my activities.

and got lots of hits on scamwarning sites. This goes to show how important it is to submit the text of the scammers' emails.
Advertisement

#68167 by katiecf22 Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:24 am
Found ad on craigslist. Emailed a version of my resume that left out all personal information, besides my name and email address. Within minutes the HR manager Mary Walton responded as follows:

I have Review and forwarded your Details to the Head Of Operations of the company (Mr Alonso Garcia ) He would Like to conduct an online interview and job Briefing with you to discuss more about the Job Position that you are yet to occupy.

A briefing and interview has been scheduled for you online so Download and setup yahoo messenger on your PC from; http://messenger.yahoo.com and Set Up a Screen name with the yahoo Instant Messenger and add up the company screen name:[email protected] to you buddy list. Do email him the Exact time that would be Convenient for you to have the interview with him.

Company Screen Name with Yahoo Instant Messenger
Email Address : [email protected]

Wish you the best of Luck on the Interview. If you got any probl
Adama Onobu: Wish you the best of Luck on the Interview. If you got any problems please feel free to email back.

Best Regards.
Management
Mary Walton
Human Resource Dept

"Alonso" interviewed me for about 5 minutes then sent me a questionnaire to fill out. Thats when I decided to research the company before I had to give any personal information out. Glad I did. Thank you Scamwarners!!!
#73686 by emergemz24 Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:29 am
Thank you so much for posting the email you got, greetings_yall. I joined just to say thanks because I received a very similar email and spent all night looking for information on it until I found this site.

I submitted a resume to a data entry position on Craiglist; normally I don't apply to anything from that site that doesn't give a company name, but it said it was at an accounting firm, so I thought what the hell. And I got this load of BS back....look familiar?

Date: November 9, 9:20AM PST (about 8 hours after I sent in my resume)
Sender: [email protected] (searching that domain got me nowhere, perhaps someone else can shed some light?)

Dear:Applicant ,

Your resume has been received in response to our listing/total job However this is a whole new innovation for Working Independently from Home. We have vacancy for 20 Staffs and your prompt and accurate response to the interview questions below would definitely give you an edge. The name of the company is targus Computers And Digital Incs and We are Specialized in the sales of legal agreements and all kinds of Computer peripherals Supplies such as ATDX case, Networking Routers,HDDX Compacts,Satellite HDD Communicator, Computer Peripherals,CD-RHard Drives,Memory Sticks and many more.

We are into Computer Peripherals Supplies. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of independent dialysis providers around the world by leveraging today's most innovative technologies to deliver a full spectrum of high-quality services to the business community. We have got loads of logs for the Account Dept from Clients that are spread all over the world.

So we opted to recruit staffs online to work from home to help do ( Balance sheets, account balancing, invoicing recording,proper data analysis of sales records and recording pay slips into Accounting database all through the use of the Accounting Softwares ).

-- Basically we have highly esteemed clients whom we have lost records for their purchases. Now we would be having you work with us under Admin section in order to go through records and files to compute these back log of data and even up to date and current data files for our clients & customers purchase transactions to be stored properly in the new data base.

-- We have a large network of clients with huge loads of unprocessed paper work and customer/client purchase records that have not been properly computed. We are offering this position due to the cut down on our work force few months ago. This position is strictly Admin and the position offers full equipments and facilities for the job from home pending the establishment of our new outlet in CA And the Regional Offices in MI --

The pay for this position is $20 Per Hour. You would be attached to a supervisor whom you would report to on daily basis for your log duty. 8 hours Maximum daily and Tax forms are not required because you would be calculating your tax yourself for your own evaluation. IMPORTANT : Respond to the following Interview questions below via email. This would be used to evaluate your knowledge of the position in question.

*********************************************************************************************************
INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
*********************************************************************************************************
* Have you ever worked Online at any Capacity?
* Ever worked from home?
* What do you Understand by Business Ethics & Customer Relations?
* Tell Us why you feel you are the right person for this Job?
* Are you taking this as a primary Job?
* Do you have Professional Reference? ( Give us 2 Contacts )
* How Many Hours are you wiling to Devote to the Home Business Unit?
* Do you have any experience in working as an Office Administrator OR Data Entry clerk ?
* Do you know how to operate a Printer/Fax machine/Scanner/Photocopier perfectly?
* What do you Understand by Privacy & Code of Conduct?
* Explain Petty Cash Transactions? * Describe yourself?
* What is your Clerical Speed?
* Do you have knowledge on how to use Spread Sheet, Excel and General Microsoft Office tools?
* What is your pay from you current or past Job? * Are you willing to give your best shot at working with our online staffs?

*********************************************************************************************************************************
This is the end of the interview process. Our email conversation would be recorded and reviewed by the Management Desk.
You would be updated Email OR rather be online for the next 24 - 48 Hours to know if you did get the position.

Kindly check your email for updates.

Kind Regards,
Mr.Frank Lesson
Personnel Manager ( H.R Desk )

------------------------

I skimmed over this and saw almost every red flag for a scam, but I couldn't really figure out where the scam was. To me, it just sounded like the work was unethical or illegal (and the "calculating your tax yourself" part made me go WTF?). But thanks to the veterans here, I understand where it's going and have deleted the email. Obviously the language in these emails is still being remixed, so I hope that posting this email helps anyone else who's stuck their foot into this pile of garbage. From now on, I will NEVER send a resume to an anonymous company!

Thanks to the mods for an awesome board - this link is going straight into my toolbar with the rest of my fraud avoidance tools. Whoever it was in particular who mentioned email headers, thanks for the tip - I'm gonna look into that one some more.

And apologies if I unintentionally broke a posting rule; I didn't see any big no-nos in the FAQ :)
#73687 by Dotti Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:05 am
Welcome emergemz24,

I'm glad we were able to help you sort out this scam. And no worries, your post is just fine, and it will probably help others to avoid being scammed too.

In addition, it looks like that domain is a fake, set up by the scammers--I'm guessing it aligns with one of their fake company names but they are using it with multiple scams. The domain is 6 months old, registered for one year, and the registrant is using a privacy protection service, something a legitimate company in that industry wouldn't need. While we don't believe in reporting free email addresses, custom domains cost the scammers money, and we eliminate those whenever we can.

The scammers appear to be using it for email only, so if you can post the headers from that email (just remove your email address first), our site killers can work on getting that domain killed.

Domain Name:BERRYLIUMINC.ORG
Created On:11-Apr-2011 19:55:05 UTC
Last Updated On:11-Jun-2011 03:49:54 UTC
Expiration Date:11-Apr-2012 19:55:05 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)
Registrant Name:Registration Private
Registrant Organization:Domains by Proxy, Inc.
Registrant Street1:DomainsByProxy.com
Registrant Street2:15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#73688 by emergemz24 Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:26 am
Got it! Hope this covers everything...guess you learn something new every day. Google and Gmail should probably be the first clue *smacks head*...oh, and thanks again :D

Return-Path: [email protected]
Received: from imta36.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net (LHLO
imta36.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net) (76.96.30.65) by
sz0111.ev.mail.comcast.net with LMTP; Wed, 9 Nov 2011 17:40:45 +0000 (UTC)
Received: from mail-lpp01m010-f68.google.com ([209.85.215.68])
by imta36.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net with comcast
id v5gm1h01s1V731d0c5gmVh; Wed, 09 Nov 2011 17:40:47 +0000
X-CAA-SPAM: F00000
X-Authority-Analysis: v=2.0 cv=AZwz7grG c=1 sm=1 a=rwXivCrWVu4A:10
a=CojPR14Y58MA:10 a=JAKucp8DznYA:10 a=f2TtlexVDdweUvhqO7oA:9
a=oEM46QfgAssJQ2d57x4A:7 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10 a=FaBnqMNlkpbn0x7Y:21
a=y6mYoeXPAnzkbT8-:21 a=zx8QR8oWej8f4QthWeEA:9 a=aheL5mRCLyOACNC2KloA:7
a=68pKiFCbLmYNhjts7+rYOw==:117
Received: by lahg1 with SMTP id g1so58283lah.3
for <REMOVED>; Wed, 09 Nov 2011 09:40:53 -0800 (PST)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.152.148.168 with SMTP id tt8mr2288122lab.7.1320860452942; Wed,
09 Nov 2011 09:40:52 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.152.6.73 with HTTP; Wed, 9 Nov 2011 09:40:52 -0800 (PST)
X-Originating-IP: [41.155.8.244]
In-Reply-To: <1060620084.1879265.1320830412875.JavaMail.root@sz0111a.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net>
References: <1621860461.1879259.1320830391703.JavaMail.root@sz0111a.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net>
<1060620084.1879265.1320830412875.JavaMail.root@sz0111a.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 18:40:52 +0100
Message-ID: <CANO9pCN-CxyRoJTw33QuLJwt3TyrPF_VbtfmXduiWDkx3Gi1iQ@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Data Entry (CITY REMOVED)
To: REMOVED
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=e89a8f22c4151874ef04b150cad9
#80611 by trankin Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:59 pm
I just had an online interview with Alico LTD with metlife..everything people have posted on here about them sending me supplies..a laptop..its $20 an hour. my first task is to write an aricle on The Best Ways to Prevent Overdue Accounts... it's all exact. I was wondering if Alico was an actual company and that might be where the scams get their ideas or if Alico was a scam itself.
#80632 by Justin Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:14 pm
Hello trankin!

How did you find this company or how did they find you? There seems to be an Alico associated with insurance company from google searches but this may or may not be who you are in contact with. If you want you can PM me or email me at the address in my signature with the emails you have received from them. Also any contact details they have given you and I will take a closer look for you.

Justin

#80647 by trankin Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 pm
i submitted my resmue thru career builder and got and email back..it is an insurance company with Metlife..im pretty sure it's legit it just has all the the things these people are talking about...theyre supposed to send me a check soon to purchase software to start the job im hired for..i figure if i get that then it's probably in the clear...?
#80649 by trankin Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:43 pm
this was the job offer e-mail..

Dear Applicant

Your Resume has been reviewed on ( http://www.ihirejobnetwork.com ) and forwarded to the Head of Operation Ms Cindy Barnes . And you have been considered and scheduled for an online Interview to discuss more about the Job Position of a Administrative Assistants/Data Entry/Medical biller/accounting/customer service that you are yet to occupy.
You are required to setup a yahoo messenger account or download a yahoo IM(http://messenger.yahoo.com) on your desktop if you don't have one.After the process you are to add up Ms Cindy Barnes on Her Yahoo IM Her email is ( [email protected]) to your yahoo buddy list ASAP for the interview briefing and comprehensive job details.she will be online waiting to talk to you ASAP.
Interview Schedule: ASAP
Interview Time: Online ASAP
Training is Available

Regards
Hr Dept Mrs Heather Smith
#80651 by Dotti Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:58 pm
This is a scam.

You most likely will receive a check, along with instructions to cash the check and then forward some or all of the money to someone else for the "software."

In reality, the check is fake or is written on a stolen/phished account. It may initially appear to clear, and the bank will give you the cash in 5 days as required by law. Then, a few days to a few weeks later, the fake will be detected--and the bank will come back at you for the money, plus any overdraft fees, plus fees for a fraudulent deposit...and if they really want to make your life fun, they will contact the police to have you arrested for fraud.

And the scammers, who have been hiding behind fake identities, will be nowhere to be found.

#80655 by trankin Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:03 am
How can I tell then? What if this one is real I dont want to throw the opportunity away.
#80657 by trankin Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:04 am
and i was told once i get the check the next day it should be cleared and i myself take the money and go purchase the software
#80658 by Bubbles Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:19 am
Welcome trankin, we can tell it is a scam because we have seen it before.

Real companies do not do interviews by IM.

Real companies do not put a rush on you to get started right now.

Real companies don't throw out a whole list of "jobs" you have qualified for like this:
Administrative Assistants/Data Entry/Medical biller/accounting/customer service

Those are different types of work and the skills for one do not necessarily transfer to any of the others.

Real companies don't have you buy tools used for the job like this. They should just ship you the software.

Scammers have no conscience and prey on people's desperation for a job. They put a rush on you. They don't typically want to talk to you because you would realize they are not what they claim. The lie to you about everything.

What is the name of the company you are supposedly going to work for?
What is their phone number?
What is their website?
Have you searched them? Do you know their hiring process? Do you know if the real company is even hiring?

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#80659 by Dotti Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:21 am
There is NO "maybe" about it.

I understand that you are anxious and hoping it is real. But it is a scam, plain and simple. As Bubbles said, the reality is, major companies are not out there hiring people based on online interviews. The whole concept is an invention of scammers. And no legitimate company is out there sending advance payments to random people who have done absolutely no work for them. The risk of that person just walking away with the money is simply too great.

It's a bog standard scam format, with the standard English mistakes to boot.

In some cases (like this one) it's actually very easy to confirm scam. Just google a unique phrase (in quotes).

In this case, the results are pretty clear.
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22And+you+have+been+considered+and+scheduled+for+an+online+Interview+to+discuss+more+about+the+Job+Position%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a