Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#80660 by trankin Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:32 am
Well all of this makes a lot of sense..thank you guys a lot. i just wasted a whole day writing a pointless article. but it's obvious things like this are usually to good to be true..just glad i caught it before i got bit in the ass.. thanks again for all your help.

sincerely, bummed
Advertisement

#80664 by Bubbles Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:57 am
I am sorry you wasted your time today. It is great that you didn't end up being scammed out of money.

Please post up more information regarding your recent presentation. Having only a name isn't enough to verify a scam.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#80665 by trankin Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:01 am
[email protected]

barnes.cindy95:The name of the company is Alico LTD.

barnes.cindy95:Alico alone is one of the largest and most diversified international insurance companies in the world.

barnes.cindy95:We are entrepreneurial in the way we bring what we do to new markets, and continue to invest confidently in the highest quality products and services.

barnes.cindy95:In November 2010 Alico became part of MetLife, a leading innovator and recognized leader in protection planning and retirement and savings solutions with over 140 years of experience.

barnes.cindy95:This is strictly an online job from home that allows you work from home...you can also work from anywhere of your choice...the working hours are flexible,you can work in the mornings,afternoons or evenings and the pay rate is $20 per hour which is been paid every Friday of the week(payday)

barnes.cindy95:Working hrs are flexible.All activities and corresponding time are to be recorded in excel spreadsheet.

barnes.cindy95:As for your duties, i will assist you with any difficulties by email

barnes.cindy95:DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITY:Tracks data and source documents.Prepares and sorts source documents, and identifies and interprets data to be entered.Compiles, sorts and verifies data for accuracy.Contacts responsible parties or clients from other organisation to resolve moderately complex questions, inconsistencies, or missing data. Also perform Records keeping, keyboarding/data entry and performing a variety of other office tasks account balancing, invoicing recording,proper data analysis of sales records and recording pay slips into accounting database all these will be done through the use of the Accounting Software, such as faxing or emailing confidently and positive attitude Online from home.
#80666 by trankin Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:02 am
barnes.cindy95:The Supervisor, who would be attached to you online, He/She would assign logs of duty daily and you would be required to work according to instructions, using the Microsoft Office tools and the Accounting software. Now the function of the Accounting software is to arrange, formalize and manage the data you have processed, sent to your supervisor via E-mail.

barnes.cindy95:You will undergo a one week training from your training supervisor,he will training you on how to work with the programs accurate and other Data entry works you will need to get done.Your training is going to be done online through your Pc (IM) and Phone
#80677 by michaeljo720 Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:25 am
definite scam. no one would guarantee you 20 bucks per hour and say "whether or not you have any tasks that day". also they would not send you a laptop or hardware. haha. stay away from this.
#80773 by trankin Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:49 pm
Task 2
==========================================================
BANK RECONCILATION
==============================================
On Aug 14th, One of our Partner's ( Compuville ) cash book showed a debit balance of $4,000.00.
His bank statement showed a balance of $4,270.00.
On comparison the following were found:
* check issued amounting to $2,500.00 has not been cashed
* The bank rejected checks amounting to $140
* Standing order for a staples order of $700 was note noted.
* A customer paid $170 directly into the bank without any notice to Us
* Bank charges of $160 were entered in the bank statements only.
* A dividend of $250 was paid directly into the bank and not recorded in the cash
book
* Checks for $1,650.00 were entered into the cash book and deposited in the bank
but had not been cleared (deposited).
Prepare a bank reconciliation statement for the month .

balance per bank statement $ $
(Add )
uncredited checks
standing order
bank charges
dishonored checks _____________________
(Less)
unpresented checks
dividend
credit transfer ______________________
Balance per cash book __________
#80806 by Bubbles Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:02 pm
trankin, the scammer is wanting to see how compliant you will be to their commands / demands.

The "task" is ridiculous as they spent more time laying it out for you than it would have taken them to solve it by themself.

Your best course of action is to stop communicating with them. They are up to no good and they will soon have you doing illegal activities.

#80848 by Hachi Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:25 pm
greetings_yall wrote:Applied for a data entry/front desk postion on Craigslist. Received an email about an online interview. Here's the job description:

WELCOME TO BARCLAYS COMPUTERS INCS

We are Specialized in the sales of legal agreements and all kinds of Computer peripherals Supplies such as ATDX case, Networking Routers,HDDX Compacts,Satellite HDD Communicator, Computer Peripherals,CD-RHard Drives,Memory Sticks and many more. We are into Computer Peripherals Supplies. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of independent dialysis providers around the world by leveraging today's most innovative technologies to deliver a full spectrum of high-quality services to the business community.

This company seems confused as to whether its offering legal agreements, computer peripherals or dialysis center support.

The terminology's all wrong (serious IT professionals do not use the term 'memory stick') and the atrocious grammar and spelling are dead giveaways.

Careful reading will reveal a lot.
#81785 by pandoriashird Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:50 pm
[email protected]

This is a SCAM.............she sent me the same massages, but she said the company was Compuville......they sent me a check and said I had to pay $315....so they sent me a check for $2,650.00 and when I took it to my bank they told me it was counterfeit.....!!!!! So if you get an email from [email protected] its a SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#81810 by Bubbles Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:37 am
Welcome to ScamWarners pandoriashird. It is fantastic your bank spotted the counterfeit check. They saved you from a lot of grief and possible involvement with the law.

Thank you for posting this information up for others to find.

#84200 by challis Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:32 am
I was also contacted by [email protected]. She said she was with a company named Computer World out of Austrailia. A few things tipped me off about "her" right away...she typed very slow for someone who is often doing online interviews, or even working for a computer company for that matter...she asked my age and gave her age during the "interview", can you say illegal?!?...She made tons of grammer and typing errors during our instant message chat...Her responses are word for word what she has told others on this site. I think the person is just cutting and pasteing "messages" into instant messanger. Beware, this is totally a scam!!
#89001 by againstfraud Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:24 pm
I received an email today regarding a job posting from Craigslist. Something needs to be done about this! The dead give away were the grammatical errors. It is states if you have more than (5) five it makes you look dumb.....go figure!

"Dear:Applicant,
Your Resume has been reviewe and you are hereby approved for an online interview today with the Head of Operation (Mr Frank Lesson). He would like to conduct an online interview with you to discuss more about the Job Position of a ADMIN ASSISTANT Position that you are yet to occupy.

Set Up a Screen name with the yahoo Instant Messenger online at http://www.messenger.yahoo.com and add up the Head of Operation screen name:(franklesson) Email Address: [email protected] to you buddy list.
I Wish you the best of Luck on your Interview. If you have any problem, Please feel free to email back.Due to high volume of calls been handled your can get an urgent response to your request via sms.

Your Sincerely
Maureen Gates
Human Resource Dept
#92924 by kharrup Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:23 pm
I applied to a job on craigslist, got the same email to get on yahoo and talk to franklesson. Just thought that I would play along and get as much info as I could. A common scam is to give someone a money order/ check for over the amount they are "giving" you. You deposit the check and send the extra to some shipping company through western union. when the check comes back fraudulent your account is hit with the fees and you are out the amount of money you sent.. This is the convo that followed:
franklesson
Hello
Me:
Hello
franklesson
What's your Full name,age and where are you currently located ?
Me:
removed
franklesson
Why do you want this job, what do you understand by the term "pettycash" and are you currently employed ?
Me:
I want this job because I believe that I am an excellent support system for any office, petty cash is what an office uses to buy office supplies and other things the office needs to run properly and no I am not currently employed
franklesson
How would you describe your work ethics and are you comfortable with the fact that this is an online/work from home job?
Me:
My work ethic is great, I like to get the job done right away, and how is this a online/work from home job when it says administrative assistant
franklesson
I will inform you as we move on
Me:
ok great
franklesson
Privacy and code of conduct....explain the phrase?
Me:
hold on one second.
sorry about that my internet was flaking out
franklesson
Okay
Privacy and code of conduct....explain the phrase?
Me:
privacy is protecting any information about others and code of conduct is a set of rules that people are supposed to abide by
franklesson
This is a work from home job where you will be doing adminitartive assistant related (accounting related) work will be sent to you daily via emails and you are to submit work back to me at the end of the day via email...
Me:
O ok
What is the company called
franklesson
Targus Computer Inc
I would like to tell you more about this job offer
As a Payroll and administrative assistant clerk, you will:
*Enter admission and billing data for clients and payroll information for employees into the computer system, and forward documentation to the appropriate processing center.
*Maintain client/employee records, and distribute copies of compliance documentation to appropriate branch staff based on Company approved standardized paper flow.
*Ensure all client and employee files are current and complete, interface with administrative staff to gather deficient or inaccurate documents, and notify the manager when employees do not respond to requests for needed documentation
And any other related data entry tasks as it may be assigned by the supervisor. I believe you can handle all of this at any given time ?
Me:
yes i believe so
franklesson
NEXT IS PAYROLL & WORKING SCHEDULE
1. How many hours are you willing to Work per day? (5hr Minimum)
2. What time range? (Morning Section 8am-12noon or Afternoon section 3pm-6pm)
3. Payroll Interval? (Weekly or Bi-weekly)
4. Payroll Method (Check or bank transfer and would be Chase bank only)
We offer $25 per hour
Me:
the craigslist add said 19 but 25 works great
8 hours a day, 9-6, weekly would be great and a check would be nice
franklesson
okay good
Just to inform you that Leads Computers And Digital Incs.would be providing you with a mini office equipments that would be use for the data entry. the following would be sent to you
* Hp Notebook Pentium D Duo Processor 1800 mGHZ, 120 Gigg HDD, 1G Internal Memory.

* All in One Printer, Scanner, Fax and Photocopier Machine.

* Microsoft Office and Microsoft Operating Systems ( Service Packs 2 )

* Mini-Office Stationaries.
Me:
O ok great
Could I pick that up somewhere?
franklesson
A check will be issued and mail out to you for the purchase of the following softwares that will be needed during your orientation and training.And you will make this nessery deducts
* $350 For BS 1 Accounting software which is to be purchased Next week.
* You deduct $100 for your self for signing Bonus ( This is to help to Multivate staff towards commencement )
* Telegram the remaining to the Shipping agent to effect Shipping Logistics for your Equipments Listed above.( this is to be done via Western Union money Transfer or Money Gram )
Me:
O ok what all do I need to do
franklesson
Please I would be needing the following informations to complete your payroll on the administrative desk...Email it to [email protected] and paste it on here for cross check as well.

Your Fullname.........
Contact address.......
State:
City:
Zipcode:................
Home and cell phone #.....
Email address........
Me:
all that would be on my resume that I sent to you earlier
franklesson
Yes i will need you to provide it on here to enable cross-check with the information on your resume
Me:
When do I give you my checking account number
franklesson
The information will be were the check will be sent to and also it will be added to our payroll data base so kindly provide so we can move forward
Me:
When do I get paid?
Because Mareen has my info
franklesson
I will need the info here please kindly provide me with it
Me:
so it's $25 an hour, is it 40 hours a week
franklesson
Yes
Me:
so that is like 50K a year?
and all you need is my name and address
franklesson
Yes to enable use mail out the check and also add to our data base
Me:
ok great my wife is pregnant and out of work this will really help with not losing our house and everything
franklesson
oh that is good
Me:
removed
I'm so glad I found this on craigslist
franklesson
What is your email and phone number?
kris_harrup
removed
franklesson
I will provide you with the shipper's address and I will be sending you the FedEx tracking # to the package so you can keep an eye on it to know when you're getting it okay
That will be all for now congratulations and i hope you enjoy working for the company
Me:
ok great, ill have bert keep an eye out for it, I can't wait to start, oscar loves packages
franklesson
Kindly make yourself available online tomorrow by 10am to enable me provide me with necessary details
Bye for now
Me:
Give me the detes now dude
franklesson
?
What do you mean?
Me:
can i have the details now please
i have to work tomorrow
franklesson
Just make yourself available tomorrow by 10 am okay
Me:
i can't i have yoga
franklesson
bye

Hope this is helpful to anyone who is down on their luck and is looking for a legitimate job.

Mod edit: Personal details removed - CW