Scams re-targeting those who have already been victimized
#948 by crazy_horse Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:16 pm
This is another type of scam that targets previous victims of 419 scams. It is not an offer to recover money lost by the victim, but is an offer of compensation or reimbursement for "past efforts". It will either involve more fees to "release" payment to the targeted victim or it will involve fake checks that the victim will be required to deposit and forward the difference to the scammer via Western Union or Moneygram. :evil:

Here are several variations. The format is different but the intended result is the same; to separate a victim from their money as quickly as possible.
Hello .
Compliment of the season I am very glad to inform you about my success in getting those funds transferred under the cooperation of a new partner from England. Presently I am in England for investment Projects with my own share of the total sum but we have a little problem with the British Government as they mandated that we must pay all the taxes up front before the fund will be cleared in my new partners account which we have been trying to raise the fund to due the amount mentioned by the British Government.

Meanwhile, for this reason I could not be able to make any cash transfer to your nominated bank account as a compensation for your intended to assist me get those fund transferred, so I have instructed my bank manager in Nigeria to issue a certified bank draft in your name because I did not forget your past efforts and attempt to assist me in transferring those funds despite the fact that we did not come to the conclusion of the transaction.
Nevertheless, you should contact my protocol officer in Nigeria his name is Mr. peter ejike on his Email

peterejike-09@myway .com and ask Him to send to you the total sum of $2.5 million in certified bank draft which I kept for your Compensation for all the past efforts and attempts to assist me in this matter. I appreciated your efforts at that time very much. So feel free and get in touched with my protocol officer peter and instruct him where to send the amount to you and also include your private address and telephone number.

Please do let me know immediately you contact him. Finally, remember that I had Forwarded instruction to my protocol officer on your behalf to receive that money, so feel free to get in Touch with peter he will send the amount to you with out any delay.
Best Regards,
PETER ejike
MYEMAIL ADDRESS([email protected]

call +234 80 34 83 88 26

Hello Friend,

Hope this mail find you in an excellent condition of health.I'm happy to inform you about my success in getting those funds transferred under the co-operation of a new partner from Paraguay. Presently I'm in South Korea for investment projects with my own share of the total sum.

Meanwhile i didn't forget you're past efforts and attempts to assist me in transferring those funds despite that it failed us some how.Now contact my secretary in Nigeria her name is MISS.ROSE SHOLM and her email address [email protected] ask her to send you the total $1,000,00000 which I kept for y our compensation for all your past efforts and attempts to assist me in this matter.I appreciated your efforts at that time very much . so feel free and get intouch with my secretary MISS. ROSE SHOLM and instruct her where to send the amount to you.

Please do let me know immediately you receive it so that we can share the joy after all the sufferings at that time. I'm very busy here because of the investment projects which me and the new partner are having at hand,finally, remember that I had forwarded instruction to My secretary on your behalf to receive those moneys feel free to get in touch with Miss.ROSE SHOLM she will send the amount to you without any delay.

With best regards,

MrTony Eze

Compliment,

How are you doing? Hope you have not forgotten me, et your past efforts
and attempts to assist me In transferring those funds, I made sure you
are not left out the Benefit of the transaction hence I kept aside for
you sum of Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars ($500,000.00)
Draft.

I and my new partner agreed to compensate you with that amount for all
your past efforts and attempt to assist me in this matter.

I appreciated your efforts at that time very much, so feel free and get
in touch With my secretary Mr. Michael Larry and instruct him on how
to send the Bank draft to you. Please do let me know immediately you
receive the Draft so that we can Share the joy together after all the
hard
work at that time. In the Moment, I'm very busy here because of the
investment projects which I And my partner are having at hand,
finally,
remember that I had left Instruction to my secretary so as soon as you
contact him, he will send the Draft to you, so feel free to get in
touch
with my Secretary Now.

Below is the contact of my secretary:

Mr. Michael Larry
Phone: +234-702-809-7552
E-mail: [email protected]

With Best Regards,

Dr. George James.

Dear Friend,

This is to thank you for your effort.I understand that your hands were tied.Not to worry. I have succeeded,the money has been transfered into the account provided by a newly found friend of mine in Australia.

To compensate for your past assistance and commitments,i have dropped an International Certifie Bank Draft of $950.000.00 for you.

I am in Australia with my family presently.I do intend to establish some business concerns here,and possibly buy some properties.Contact my Secretary in Benin-Republic Mr.Franklin Peters his email address is ([email protected]) Forward my mail to him,then ask him to send the cheque to you.

Take good care of yourself.

Regards,

Dr.Brown Kuku.

Advertisement

#2603 by benjamin Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:50 am
And another in the same vein

Dear friend,

I am very happy to inform you about my success in getting that
fund.Now, I want you to contact my secretary on the information
below:Name:Mr.Mark Olise, Ask him to send to you the total sum
of($1200.000.00)USDollars in a bank draft, which I kept for your compensation. So contact him
immediately on his e-mail:([email protected]) and send him the
below information to enable him deliver your bank draft to you.

1.YOUR FULL NAME:_________________
2.YOUR ADDRESS:_____________________
3.TELEPHONE NUMBER:___________
4.OCCUPATION:_________________
5.YOUR COUNTRY:___________

Regards,
Mr Charles Olise

#2991 by benjamin Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:34 pm
Here's another, used with many different reply to addresses.
These are some of the more recent ones
[email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

My Good Friend,

I'm happy to inform you about my success in getting those funds
transferred under the cooperation of a new partner from paraguay.
Presently i'm inParaguay for investment projects with my own share of
the
total sum. meanwhile,i didn't forget your past efforts and attempts to
assist me in transferring those funds despite that it failed us some
how.
Now contact my secretary in Benin Republic his name is,kelvin nba,on

([email protected]) , ask him to send you the total of $2.5m
which
i kept for your compensation for all the past efforts and attempts
toassist me in this matter. I appreciated your efforts at that time
very
much.so feel free and get in touched with my secretary kelvin nba and
instruct him where to send the amount to you. Please do let me know

mmediately you receive it so that we can sharethe joy after all the
sufferness at that time. in the moment, Iam very busy here because of
the
investment projects which me and the new partner are having at hand,
finally, remember that I had forwarded instruction tohe ecretary on
your
behalf to receive that money, so feel free to getintouchwith,kelvin
nba,
he will send the amount to you without anydelay.Givehim address where
he
can send you the cheque.
Regards,
Godwin Mkike
Last edited by benjamin on Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

#2992 by Nick Smith Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:02 am
I know of a scammer who just recently switched formats from the "Trunk box" scam to this form of recovery scam. The email address is [email protected]

I will post an example of the format later on once I can access the file, but at least for now the address is up there for Mister Google to find.
#8153 by dwwwllwwwb Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:42 pm
This is what I got today:

My Good friend,

How are you together with your family? I am happy to inform you that I have finally succeeded in getting those funds transferred with co-operation of a partner from South Korea who financed the transaction and provided all requirements through the help of the diplomat I earlier told you about. He initiated this idea and everything worked out successfully.

Meanwhile, I did not forgot your past efforts and willingness to assist me in transferring the funds despite the fact that it did not work out as expected.

In appreciation of the sincere effort, courage and trustworthiness you showed during the course of the transaction I have decided to compensate and show my gratitude by offering you the sum of $700,000 (Seven hundred thousand United States dollars only). Kindly accept this amount as it is from my heart.

I have authorized my bank Todo Nuevo bank, Spain where the money is being deposited to pay you the above-mentioned amount through cashier's check or wire transfer. Contact my account officer in the bank as soon as possible to inform you on how the transfer will be made. Her contact info is

Rev ALICIA JOSE.
Email: [email protected]

Please do let me know immediately you receive the fund so we can share the joy together after all the stress we passed through. At the moment I am very busy here in South Korea because of the investment projects that Lee and I are having at hand. My account officer is waiting to hear from you so write her immediately with your complete names, address and phone number

Warm regards from South Korea

Donald Brown.
#8164 by Jillian Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Hi dwwwllwwwb and welcome. Thank you for posting another variant of this scam email.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners