Information on romance scams and scammers.
Advertisement

#70541 by april Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:40 pm
winkaka01 wrote:Ladies, just a heads up. I've been in the military for seven years. This is how leave works. You ask your command if you can take time off. If there is nothing important going on that you need to be there for and you have enough days on the records to cover it, you simply get approved. (Every month you earn a certain amount of leave days) You fill out some paper work, your CO signs it, and you take leave. Family members or friends are restricted from filling out paper work for leave, and you pay zero dollars. Even when you are on leave, you still get paid your full pay checks. If some scammer asks you to fill out paper work or spend your money on the forms so he can come and see you, he is not in the military.

Also do research on the photos these men send you. The guy in the photos is a Technical Sergeant in the Air Force. His rank can be seen on his collar.

what is really name?
#70549 by Dotti Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:59 pm
April,

You can identify what branch of the military he serves in and his rank from the insignia on his collar, but not his real name.

So we don't know what his real name is, but we do know that the person in the photos is not in the US Army--he is in the Air Force. Even if he made no other mistakes you would know he is a scammer and NOT a soldier because someone who is really in the US military would be able to identify the correct branch!

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#71263 by april Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:14 am
just becareful alex jordan is back on tagged as Flores J.Member Since: October 17, 2011, 48, Male, Los Angeles CA
#75957 by TLR46 Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:56 pm
I got a new name!!! He goes by Bill David, in Kabul, Afghanistan. He is on My Yearbook and Facebook. His email address is [email protected] and when he says he is in the Marines but on Facebook, he has only Army things on his page! lol and says he has been in Afghanistan for a full tour, and will be done and retired in 2 months. Says he has millions, Grandma raising the 2 kids. one boy, one girl... He was so stupid, gave me an email addy to send a question about getting connected so we could "talk" on the phone. First, it was to an AOL acct. not .gov, second it came right back within minutes... all in UK amounts. What an idiot. I knew something was up, told him I just couldn't afford to do this. lol He has a reddish beard, 45. The email addy he had me write for the call info was...... [email protected] I feel like a damn fool!
#80950 by ratt84 Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:26 pm
scammers using the pictures of this man are very active all over the web
contact on Singlesburg today
and I met him so often before :lol:
jordan002
I am: Man
Seeking a: Woman
Connecting From: Germany
Home Country: United States
Living Country: Afghanistan
City: kabul
Marital Status: Widowed
Have Kids: Yes - but not at home
In my own words: Am a man of my self,that cares ,lovely loyal

hi how are you can we talk and be frind

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

also documented
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=29513
and
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=38801
#82293 by Bubbles Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:52 am
Hello catchthelies,

That does look like a fake Facebook page set up by a scammer. Do you have any more information about this person? Email address or messages you have received?

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#86030 by lindab656 Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:02 pm
This photo is of a big time scammer, He took over $57,000 from me. He also goes by Darryl Jordan, a sargent in the US Army. He is good at scammer. Please help me to stop him.
#86041 by Helen Halper Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:58 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners, lindab656!

He took over $57,000 from me.

Ouch, I'm really sorry to hear that. Was he using the same email address as above? Would you please post an email or two that he sent you, including the headers?

#86056 by lindab656 Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:47 pm
Bubbles wrote:Hello catchthelies,

That does look like a fake Facebook page set up by a scammer. Do you have any more information about this person? Email address or messages you have received?

emails used: darryl60Z2yahoo.com and [email protected]

Hi Linda,
I wish I didn't have to miss you. If only you could be with me always. I know I could never be any happier. But then again, I know that the day will come when I will be able to spend my every waking moment with you. I even miss you when I am sleeping! I thank you for being so kind with my heart. Hopefully, soon I won't have to hate missing you.Thanks for all the lovely and caring IM you have sending to me ...I get exited anytime I see your IM waiting for me... :) ...
I'm sorry I have not been sending your usual emails.The reason is because I have been having problem with the router in my base...As you are aware, I can't use the companies Computer for my personal business...The router will soon be fixed and I will be online like I use to do before..I miss chatting with you..
I dream of you when I'm asleep, you even appear when I'm awake daydreaming. I just wish it was true..Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you only have one life to live and one chance to do all the things you want to do.. When the rain is blowing in your face and the whole world is on your case, I could offer you a warm embrace to make you feel my loved..

linda My Sweetheart. Hug's and kisses

wow...I miss you like crazy...I have never missed any woman like this in my entire life...I am thinking about you like always and you are constantly in my dreams and thoughts through out this mission. It's like my trust and love for you grows by the second. This is really a great feeling and I owe it all to you..I believe the harder things get, the stronger I become.. Just got back from one of serious missions i have ever been assigned to, Sadly I lost two of my Men, it was so sad and it brings back past memories of close colleagues I have lost ...Baby, during the mission so many interesting things happened... During one of our night patrols we got lead to an underground hide out..That was the place where two of my men lost their lives..We exchanged fire with some dangerous group known to be affeliated with the Gang known as AL Qaeda..well at the end of the shoot out my team was able to rescue some hostages that were being held by this group known to have connection with this AL Qaeda group.Three of their men are in our custody at the moment and are being interogated..This mission has really been a tough one for me and my team..
We found a sealed case during the rescue....which my Commander asked two of us to send to his Quaters as soon we got to the base..We Just dropped that off and here I am sitting my room stirring at your picture and reading all your lovely emails.You are such a sweetheart...I really miss you ...I wouldn't like to miss you like this ever again. I am so tired and instead of a good sleep rather I have a loads of things to do, don't know where to start from. I have sent a request on my drop off point.. So I would send you my flight details when I receive it, which means you are picking me up from the airport .I'm sure we will be celebrating the new year together... I just can't wait for that day ... to see you ... hug you ... kiss you ...and look into your eyes and tell you how much I have patiently waited for this lovely moment. Baby,Every day I wish you were here with me, holding you tight in my strong arms. Every night I lay in my bed dreaming of you, so sweet and peaceful. You are the one I want to spend the rest of my life with and I hope you realize that we are now in a serious relationship. I'm so lucky I found you, the woman of my dreams. Thinking of you makes me smile 'cause knowing that you care so much means the world to me. You are so sweet like the smell of roses and you are so romantic like the sunset. Your are what's keeping me strong. I am so depressed right now and you are what is keeping me strong.
I will be very busy organising the rest of my personal paper work to get home as soon as I can. I have no patrol this evening. I miss You...I hope this email finds you well...I miss you Linda .

I love you with all my heart..@};-
#86059 by Bubbles Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:39 am
Thank you for posting this additional information Linda.

I hope that you have stopped communicating with this liar. If you have not, please just stop communicating with him in any way. Don't tell him you know he is a scammer and don't tell him about ScamWarners.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#86114 by began steele Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:50 am
AH! The "sealed case" casually dropped off in the "Commanders Quaters".
Surprisingly----- it will contain gold, or jewellery, or millions of dollars. He will be sending it to you and somehow "courier fees" and "stuck in Customs" will attach to this shipment and you will get a round of fake names and fake officials sending emails to get it released. It never will because it doesn't exist.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.