Room for Rent and other rental scams
#84241 by Con Warner Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:03 pm
Michael R Webb <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,

I can see you are interested in the ad I have posted, I am currently in West Africa with my family where we work as a volunteer with the Missionary, here is the site www.missionary-blogs.com for more details about why we are here in West Africa .We spent less time in the States so we could not get a hold on any Realtor to handle this rent issue, although it was when we knew how long we are going to stay in West Africa that we decided to rent out the house. However, the initial plan was to sell out the house. which we tried, but sometimes the agents inflates the price and it takes longer to sell we are telling you this in case you find the house on another website, that is the old advert So we need a tenant to take care of it but since we are out of the state now, we have received some proposals regarding the rent because it is located in a very good area of Cincinnati ,but we still have to make sure it is rented out to someone who can take good care of it.The keys to the House are right here with me and i could send it to you after all necessary agreement has be accepted by my family,It includes facilities such as water and heat laundry facilities, air condition, internet and telephone access and a car park and other necessary facilities, pets are allowed as well as long as they are not destructive,we also want you to let us have trust in you as we always stand on our word. So if you know you are capable of the task,It is available for a long lease.The monthly rental fee is $400 per month including the utilities and the security deposit is $500 which is refundable back to you at the end of your stay if nothing is damaged from my properties.It is not the money that is the main problem but we want you to keep it tidy all the time so that we will be glad to see it neat when we come for a check up.You will only be able to drive by the house for now but not have a look at the interior until we have sent the keys and documents of the house to you.So we wouldn't want any violation on our property if finally rented by you. Please if you are ready now to occupy the house kindly provide the information below for record purpose

Preview Message

Single Family Residence - Cincinnati OH 45209

Description

Bedrooms:2
Bathrooms:1

Walk to hyde Park and Oakley! Get it while it lasts

RENT QUESTIONNAIRE

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF

Full Name__________________________ ________________________
Home Phone ( ) ________________________
Date of Birth_________________________ ________
Other Phone ( ) ___________________
Current Address_______________________ ________Apt#________ City__________________ State______ Zip________
Reasons for Leaving_______________________ _____Rent $__________
Phone ( ) ____________________________
Are you married_______________________ _____
How many people will be living in the house_________________________ ___
Do you have a pet___________________________ _
Do you have a car___________________________ _
Occupation____________________ ________
Move In Date__________________________ __
How soon can you secure the property with the down payment_______________
How soon do you want to receive the keys and documents of my property______

House Address:
3929 Paxton Avenue, Cincinnati OH 45209

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that we can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt and contacting you. Await your reply so we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys to you.Please Note that your rent only starts counting after you have finally moved into the house,so you need not to worry about making the deposit payment now and not moving in immediately,all you're doing is securing the house in your favor in order not to loose it to other interested applicants..

Hope to read from you soonest...
011-234-803-378-8325 or +234-704-111-2486 (call anytime)

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or MoneyGram with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement