If you have been scammed, please post here and share your experience; it may help others avoid the same situation!
#85577 by Victim3000 Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:46 am
I am an intelligent woman who has been on a dating site who was very unfortunate to meet Bruce Williams serving in Afghanistan. We had been talking everyday for weeks and weeks and had built up a close relationship. He was in Afhan for a year and this was nearly up. He had been widowed for 5 years and had a son of 12 years old. He said he wanted to visit me and I said he should go home to Mike first. He said he had told Mike about me and sent my picture and his son had told him that he should come over and meet me. I had googled this man but only as Bruce Williams, not Captain Bruce Williams so nothing came up about any scam. He told me recently that he had had a letter saying he would be redeployed after this posting straight to Kuwait to replace a Caaptain that had been killed over there. He said he needed to come out, he couldnt handle being there anymore and I was the only one to help him. The amount he he needed was $5000. He had managed to secure part payment from his colleagues wife, he owed me his life if I could help. I wanted to talk to his boss so he could vouch for him. He gave me an email address so I used it and got a reply back that Captain Bruce is to be trusted etc etc. I snet him £1500 pounds and this wasnt enough so I sent another £450 and then he came out with a story that he needed another £500 to allow him to access his bank account when he got into the UK. I did it. He sent me his flight confirmation, very authentic and then drove to Manchester Airport that took me four hours there and four hours back to find he obviously wasnt there. He wasnt on the flight list and checked this out. I am devestated that he has taken £2,500 of my money and will now be struggling for a while
Advertisement

#85676 by Bubbles Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:18 am
Welcome to ScamWarners Victim3000. I am sorry the scammer took your money. Scammers have no heart and their only goal is getting money.

I want to caution you about two things that come up some times.
First: Some times people who have lost money get contacted by someone saying they can get your money back for you, or there is a fund set aside to pay you back. These are scams too. We have a topic regarding those scams.

Second: Some times scammers are like sharks in the water and you may get more scam emails since you paid one time. Please feel free to ask here if you are not sure about emails you may receive.

Please post up the email address the scammer contacted you from. That will help other people find out that he is a scammer and hurt him financially. By posting this up, you will stop being a victim.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#85748 by Victim3000 Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:26 pm
I just want to add that this is how I found out CAPTAIN BRUCE WILLIAMS is a scam as his email address was already on here

thanks
#85757 by Flibble Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:38 pm
Hey Victim3000,

I'm sorry to hear this happened. These people just prey on a woman's desire for companionship and will say/do anything they think will get them money. They really are scum with no heart.

Thank you for posting on Scam Warners. It really does help protect others from this person. Can you please post some of the initial emails he sent you? This might help someone that searches part of the emails he sends.

Please don't hesitate to post if you feel the need to just get things off your chest. We're here to talk about anything.

#85832 by Victim3000 Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:24 am
I have found this so distressing and it is taking time to get over the experience. I will post pictures and emails if I can work out how it is done

thank you for the support
#91789 by Grunt Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:05 pm
same pic here

wayn.com
jackpeter63
Hi, my name is Jack Peter. I'm a 48 year-old American male, currently in Torrance, United States. I have 9 friends around the world.
Personal Note
i am looking for a nice,caring,sincere and loving woman,with a good sense of humor.looking for someone to make me smile even at my worst times...a woman i can trust,and confide in....here is personal yahoo email.. jackson_5597.................... at....yahu...................dot................um

email address leads to

mydailyflog.com
jacksonny
Jackson Peter
Basic
50 year old, man from United States

and to

myspace.com
uid 566281586
Peter Jackson
Relationship: Single
#94667 by h8scmrs Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:15 pm
Ok, I was almost scammed by a guy named David Henry on craigslist. I decided to see if I could track him down just to see if I could. He didn't actually scam me it was for computer repair as I am an IT professional and when he needed a lot of work done I was willing to do it only to find out he wanted all of my information and he would send me a personal check and mail the computers to me to be fixed. The reason I am on this particular forum is because I located the person or who I think is the person by tracing the ip from the email. I then wanted to try and see if I could track down the cell phone it was sent from by tracking the Black berry IP. I couldnt figure out how to do it so I typed it in on google and it led me to a romance scam website(heres the link: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=43531) that showed the guy and info and then on that same post led me here.

Here was the info that showed up on the romance scam site.
From [email protected] Sat Feb 25 09:11:43 2012
Received: from b16.c17.bise7.blackberry ([email protected] with xymcookie)

This is the info I got from my almost scammer
From [email protected] Fri Apr 06 12:21PM
Received: from b16.c17.bise7.blackberry ([email protected] with xymcookie)

Now my question is this is the blackberry info b16.c17.bise7.blackberry unique to one user? If it is I have a lot of information that can go to catching this guy if it turns out to be real. Because the ip trace didn't lead me all over the world. It actually led me to a place in Kansas with an exact address and names of the people who live there. I'm going to keep searching for this to see if I can locate the blackberry location because if he is using some kind of ip blocker or encryption then I don't want someone innocent being harassed.
#97004 by Dotti Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:06 pm
From everything I have read, the IP addresses attached to emails sent from a blackberry are not unique and traceable. In this case in particular, I think it's safe to say the Kansas address is NOT that of the scammers--if you notice in the RS thread, the email was routed through blackberry UK, not US. In addition, the writing from the scammer is distinctly African--while we do have some African scammers in the US, based on the type of scams being run and the other evidence, it is highly unlikely this person is actually in the states.

There are other (better) ways to get an IP that eliminate the uncertainty of email IP's. If you want to find out your scammer's location, I would recommend using an email tracer like readnotify for confirmation.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.