Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#591 by sailor Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:23 am
X-Apparently-To: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 05:24:31 -0700
X-Originating-IP: [217.146.182.102]
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Authentication-Results: mta247.mail.re4.yahoo.com from=yahoo.fr; domainkeys=pass (ok)
Received: from 217.146.182.102 (HELO web27212.mail.ukl.yahoo.com) (217.146.182.102) by mta247.mail.re4.yahoo.com with SMTP; Tue, 24 Jul 2007 05:24:31 -0700
Received: (qmail 15771 invoked by uid 60001); 24 Jul 2007 12:24:28 -0000
DomainKey-Signature: deleted to prevent page blowout.
Received: from [41.207.162.2] by web27212.mail.ukl.yahoo.com via HTTP; Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:24:28 CEST
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:24:28 +0200 (CEST)
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.fr. Learn more
Subject: PROJECT OF MUTUAL CONSENT/BENEFIT................
To: [email protected]

FROM THE DESK OF MR HARUNA WAZIRI
AUDITING DEPARTMENT
BANK OF AFRICA
LOME TOGO.
TEL:00228 959 6774.

Dear friend,

I have a proposal for you - this however is not mandatory nor will I in any manner compel you to honour against your will.

I am 50, and work with a bank (one of the African leading banks in the West Coast). Here in this bank existed a dormant account for the past 8 years which belong to an American family late Mr.Raymond Beck & Mrs. Dorene Beck who died on Egypt Airflight990

When I discovered that there had been no deposits nor withdrawals from this account for this long period, I decided to carry out a systematic investigation and discovered that non of the family members nor relatives of the late persons is aware of this account.

This is the story in a nutshell.

Now I want an account overseas where the bank will transfer these funds for our mutual benefit.Thereafter, I had planned to destroy all related documents to this account. It is a careful network and for the past eleven months I have worked out everything to ensure a hitch-free operation to our favour.

The amount is not so much at the moment and plus all the accumulated interest, the balance in this account stands at-(US$ 9.5 million US dollars).

Now the vital questions are:-

1. Can you handle this project?
2. Can I give you this trust?
3. What will be your commission? If you can sponsor this transfer.

Consider this and get back at me as soon as possible.

Finally, it is my sincere/humble prayer that the information as contained herein be accorded the necessary attention, urgency as well as the secrecy it deserves.

I Expect your urgent response if you can handle this project. Call me at this direct line +228 959 6774 for mail confirmation so we can discuss on the modalities of transferring this fund overseas.

Respectfully yours,
Haruna Waziri.
Auditting Department Control.
Alternative Email: [email protected]

sailor
Advertisement

#593 by SlayerFaith Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:38 am
Yup, another NOK (next of kin), this one openly illegal. This gives the scammer an advantage if the victim gets cold feet somewhere along the way. :evil:

#596 by sailor Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:43 am
Was that what it was, Ilooked at it as a really bad call by someone. Arriving so close behind the other one .... :!: seems to me would raise flags to the top of the pole

sailor

#633 by Chris Martins Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:05 pm
^^ You can probably expect to get many more. If one scammer found your email address, chances are many others will find it the same way. Some people get flooded with scam email, and hopefully, that will be a signal that they are scams.

Some people answer them, knowing they are probably scams, but still thinking they can somehow get some money by staying one step ahead. It never works.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

#865 by SAS-STS Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:37 am
"Some people answer them, knowing they are probably scams, but still thinking they can somehow get some money by staying one step ahead. It never works."

And some people like me answer them knowing they ARE scams just to take up the scammers time and resources.

#867 by ChrisSmith Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:55 pm
Hi SAS.

I assume that you bait safely?
If you don't know what that means, go to our sister site www.419eater.com and take a look around. If you're not already a member, I assure you - you'll like what you find there. :wink:

#925 by SAS-STS Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:19 pm
You bet I bait safely (read all the rules)! I couldn't possibly be as bold or as creative as some people but at least I'm taking the scammer's time and that's something. And I am a member of 419eater.com.

SAS-STS (Scammers are scum, scam the scammer)

#974 by Anna Smith Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:05 pm
^That sure is something, SAS. You never know, you might take that time the scammer would need to scam an actual vic. Plus, baiting makes them more suspicious in the end of real victims asking too many questions. You are doing a real service there!

#982 by John Nord Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:52 pm
@SAS -- good to hear you are wasting their time. If they are talking to one of us, they can't be talking to a victim or sending more scam letters.

#1077 by Supervan Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:15 am
I would suggest to anyone interested in baiting (and believe me, it is hours of fun whilst being a help to others) should pop along to www.419eater.com
Have a read, have a laugh, sign up fro a mentor and playaway!!

You'll have a great time and learn enough to educate and advise your friends and family.

(Ok. Advert over!)

The only thing you have left on your deathbed are memories. So make them good ones.

#1148 by okosh Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:24 am
Supervan wrote:I would suggest to anyone interested in baiting (and believe me, it is hours of fun whilst being a help to others) should pop along to www.419eater.com
Have a read, have a laugh, sign up fro a mentor and playaway!!

You'll have a great time and learn enough to educate and advise your friends and family.

(Ok. Advert over!)

I personally receive these type of emails on a daily basis..
never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that people spend their time doing what you do.
I'm sure it's very rewarding.

On top of all these "send me your info and I'll empty your bank account" emails I have also been fortunate to win the UK lottery and the random email lottery on numerous occasions..
just yesterday I won 300million euro...
I hope the checks come soon :mrgreen:

I learned long ago that if dlcooper posts a link then click on it cos your sure to learn something when you do.
This is an amazing forum and I was equally impressed with 419 forum.

Naturally if you are interested in the emails I receive then your more then welcome...My contact info is in my profile.
Just be sure to give the scammer an extra slap for me :cool:
#1883 by sailor Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:39 pm
Actually I love getting those e-mails and I love chasing them al the way to the bank O f course i know it is a scram but how could you f up my credit report. It is already in the gutter and want it that way. Hey cash will solve all credit problems....Let someone else clean up mine if they want it...I could become filthy RICH but why I already am. They just have no way to find it

sailor