Information on romance scams and scammers.
#86625 by jerseygirl56 Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:07 am
Here's one that I thought the language was off...the first part you can tell English is a second language and the middle part was perfect English...even something you'd read out of a book. So I Googled a few sentences and guess what...it led me here...woo-hoo!

My Lovely XXXXX,
Hope you are having nice moment with a little excitement. Going on line to find a suitable companion, seemed hopeless for me, at the beginning. Most of my earlier contacts that wrote me on the first two days were from much younger women. They always left me feeling bewildered and asking the questions - should I be flattered or insulted? In addition, there was always the concern - "what were the motives"? My faith was restored, when I decided to write instead of wait to be written. I wrote you and you appeared, then I thank my "lucky star" and enjoy the wonder of it. Essentially, I was so deeply happy that you displayed the qualities I was looking for, found out that we shared a lot of the same interests and I adored the expressive e-mails.
Lonely times make us search harder for the good times. Bad times are only vague memories and we can look to the future with optimism to happy times. To "give" and "receive", to pamper, to spoil, to guide, to care for in all ways, makes for a wonderful relationship. There is no need for anger, when there is understanding, loyalty and sincerity, open communication and the ability to compensate for differences. Life is meant to be enjoyed and thusly, should not harbor hurtful thoughts and actions. Life is full of obstacles - to survive; one has to approach the obstacles with an open mind and a desire to overcome them. Let your heart tell you, if you want to be victorious in the challenge. Is the challenge worth the extra effort? Will it make your life better? Then pursue it with all your might. They say "Love" overcomes all obstacles. But to love blindly - leaves scares in your heart. The "ups" and "downs" in peoples life's can be painful but can be healed with limitless compassion.
Happiness is created in many ways - mostly in what people do and say! Your words encourage me to drink long and hard from the cup of life; to capture every drop of adventure that comes my way. I often ask myself, why we met - even if it was in such an unconventional way! I truly believe that a "path" is mapped out for us, when we are born. Are we given a purpose - are we given instructions on how to live our life and what we are to achieve? We are guided by our parents, teachers and friends and unconsciously adapt some of their ways to our life. However, there is a greater plan for us in the making. We are tested daily to make us stronger. Stumbling blocks are put in our way to overcome and make us rise above them. Many people travel from cradle to grave without ever seeing themselves clearly, without accepting heartache and grief and without ever wondering about their past, present and future. They accept their life blindly, without questions or true understanding of their own value and potential. They become frustrated, disillusioned and bitter. We have all been given the tools to excel, feel more important, more fulfilled and more useful. You have shown me that you know how to use the tools so don't ever let anyone tell you that you will not accomplish and excel at what you have chosen, or perhaps, what had been chosen for you. What measure do they use to compare, or do they feel inadequate in their own achievements?

Success is a passion for living. Success belongs to each and every human being. It is not for the few, or the chosen ones, or the rich, or the educated. Success is for everyone. IT IS FOR YOU. Success is simple; it means having, doing and becoming the best that life affords. It means service to mankind. Success means applying your best effort to realizing your best results, leaving the world a better place. It is winning at the game of life. Success is life itself! Success is no secret; no mystery; no cause for frustration or misery. It is yours to claim. Like as you asked me; my favourite book is BIBILE...ha ha ...I like to read the bible.. Will like to vist Massive Island and Jerusalam one day. I am working on that.. I am in love with visiting the beach at my off time. walking around the beach and somytimes, taking a glace of wine around the beach.. Tell me more about your family and job..

So, was I meant to come into your life to help you see your own worth, to encourage and support and show you the heights that you have already accomplished. I have not chosen your "path" and don't know the plan decided for you, but I know you have a passion for life, so you are and always will be successful. I am grateful to you for giving me your trust, but I think you now know, I would not misguide you. When I think about you, a picture comes to mind, a woman sweet and gentle, with a heart that is one of a kind. Your light shines ever bright - your love an endless sea.... and nothing could be sweeter than the love you have for me. , you are my inspiration, but most of all “my gift from God to me”. I want to wish you a happy new week and with this email welcome you to an inspiring week of good luck and success in all you do. This letter may not be too romantic but inspiring enough to start your day.I thank God above for you, May you always find new blessings. For as long as you may live. Happy new week!!
Peace,
Parka

He contacted me via Match.com. I've only received several emails from him, but something did feel right about the emails...too serious, too fast and wayyyyyyyy to much information. My advice...trust your intuition. I appreciate this site...thank you! :)
Advertisement

#86629 by Gus Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:09 pm
Welcome jerseygirl56 and I'm very glad you checked out this person.
Would you mind posting the email address he was using to contact you? Sometimes people do searches for email addresses rather than the text of the messages, so it would be helpful to have his current address here as well as the message he sent you.
#331514 by Nette2292 Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:16 am
Received the exact same email today. This guy is going by the name of Frank Enberg and claims that he is Swedish. He even called me twice. Has a very thick Swedish accent. Claims to be an International Fund Manager first with Merrill Lynch and now with Shygo in the UK. Claims to have a dead wife named Angelina. The email address that he is using is [email protected] and the phone number that he is using is 732- 360-5722. I am going to play along and see how far this jerk goes and what he hopes to gain out of it. His profile was on Catholic Match.
#331515 by Bryon Williams Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:20 am
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Please stop all contact with the thief/scammer. He is using fake details.

You are using real details. He can cause you harassment and other problems.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#335681 by Jerseygirl830 Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:08 pm
Here is the one I got from the same guy. I confronted him and all of a sudden he had a conference call to take.

Frank Eisenberg < [email protected] >

This is one thing you can be sure about me. I am sincere and will tell you all about me with nothing to hide. I can say the truth and not minding who is hurt. I hate lie and cheat.Like I said earlier. I am Financial Broker Representative that has worked with the international office of MERRILL LYNCH in Scotland before joining SHYGO INVESTMENTS- an investment company with its head office in London and branches in many countries .I worked with them for years before I resigned or will I say retired which was when I lost my late wife Angelina.

I now work under contract with SHYGO INVESTMENTS as an International Representative .They came back asking me to come out of retirement which was after two years of leaving them .They gave me working conditions which I saw to be good enough so I accepted the job which one of the working condition is that I will now remain in united States to head the international office instead of going back to the Main office in UK.I accepted the job first and also accepted to go back UK and work with them for 6 years before I returned to United States and now work as a Broker representative and Financial Regulatory adviser. A job I love and enjoy doing.

Many many words about love like he cut and pasted from a sonnet somewhere. Sad. What does he think he will get?
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation.
#335695 by Mike Wilson Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:30 pm
The scammer hopes to get you to fall for him so that you will believe his sad story and the sudden need for money for an unexpected expense.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#382243 by LeahSoba Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:36 am
I just put in a short section of what was sent to me and lo and behold I was brought directly here. The name of the man that sent it is Jeffery Rico and he claims to be a doctor working for Doctors Without Borders. Supposedly he was stationed in Syria. He has given me all kinds of stories and scenarios of why I need to send him money. His latest story is that he is now in Turkey but is in detention for not claiming the gold bars he is carrying and has to pay the taxes and he's asking me for only a small portion. How does that even make sense? He must be desperate because he keeps coming after me. Unbelievable! So if anyone comes across that name, RUN!! I hope this helps someone.
#392625 by nathan66 Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:32 am
I think this guy been doing this for a while. He is a serial scammer, but thankfully the internet is making us ladies very cautious. I met this guy on a dating site called International Cupid, now he goes by the name of Brian Fortune. I became suspicious when I received this 3rd email which was too well written and I said to myself let me copy and paste and see what comes up in Google and I found this was not his 1st rodeo of quoting the same line over. Now he is a Senior Naval Architect. He is such an idiot who does email with dating, nowadays is video call or FaceTime to see who we’re talking too. Ladies beware and stay vigilant. Read below the email that was send:
Going online to find a suitable companion, seemed hopeless for me, at the beginning. Most of my earlier contacts that wrote me on the first two days were from much younger women. They always left me feeling bewildered and asking the questions - should I be flattered or insulted? In addition, there was always the concern - "what were the motives"? My faith was restored, when I decided to write instead of wait to be written. I wrote you and you appeared and I thank my "lucky star" and enjoy the wonder of it. Essentially, I was so deeply happy that you displayed the qualities I was looking for, found out that we shared a lot of the same interests and I adored the expressive e-mails.

Lonely times make us search harder for the good times. Bad times are only vague memories and we can look to the future with optimism to happy times. To "give" and "receive", to pamper, to spoil, to guide, to care for in all ways, makes for a wonderful relationship. There is no need for anger, when there is understanding, loyalty and sincerity, open communication and the ability to compensate for differences. Life is meant to be enjoyed and thus, should not harbor hurtful thoughts and actions. Life is full of obstacles - to survive; one has to approach the obstacles with an open mind and a desire to overcome them. Let your heart tell you, if you want to be victorious in the challenge. Is the challenge worth the extra effort? Will it make your life better? Then pursue it with all your might. They say "Love" overcomes all obstacles. But to love blindly - leaves scares in your heart. The "ups" and "downs" in peoples life's can be painful but can be healed with limitless compassion.

Happiness is created in many ways - mostly in what people do and say! Your words encourage me to drink long and hard from the cup of life; to capture every drop of adventure that comes my way. I often ask myself, why we met - even if it was in such an unconventional way! I truly believe that a "path" is mapped out for us, when we are born. Are we given a purpose - are we given instructions on how to live our life and what we are to achieve? We are guided by our parents, teachers and friends and unconsciously adapt some of their ways to our life. However, there is a greater plan for us in the making. We are tested daily to make us stronger. Stumbling blocks are put in our way to overcome and make us rise above them. Many people travel from cradle to grave without ever seeing themselves clearly, without accepting heartache and grief and without ever wondering about their past, present and future. They accept their life blindly, without questions or true understanding of their own value and potential. They become frustrated, disillusioned and bitter. We have all been given the tools to excel, feel more important, more fulfilled and more useful. You have shown me that you know how to use the tools so don't ever let anyone tell you that you will not accomplish and excel at what you have chosen, or perhaps, what had been chosen for you. What measure do they use to compare, or do they feel inadequate in their own achievements?

Success is a passion for living. Success belongs to each and every human being. It is not for the few, or the chosen ones, or the rich, or the educated. Success is for everyone. IT IS FOR YOU. Success is simple; it means having, doing and becoming the best that life affords. It means service to mankind. Success means applying your best effort to realizing your best results, leaving the world a better place. It is winning at the game of life. Success is life itself! Success is no secret; no mystery; no cause for frustration or misery. It is yours to claim.

So, was I meant to come into your life to help you see your own worth, to encourage and support and show you the heights that you have already accomplished. I am the only child of my parents and I have not chosen your "path" and don't know the plan decided for you, but I know you have a passion for life, so you are and always will be successful. I am grateful to you for giving me your trust, but I think you now know, I would not misguide you. When I think about you, a picture comes to my mind, a woman sweet and gentle, with a heart that is one of a kind. Your light shines ever bright - your love an endless sea.... and nothing could be sweeter than the love you have for me, you are my inspiration, but most of all “my gift from God to me”. This letter may not be too romantic but inspiring enough to bless your days. I thank God above for you, May you always find new blessings. For as long as you may live.