Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#86693 by Megan Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:42 pm
Delivered-To: XXXXXXXXXX
Received: by 10.223.134.79 with SMTP id i15csp208403fat;
Thu, 16 Feb 2012 16:39:05 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.213.22.78 with SMTP id m14mr574276ebb.97.1329439145103;
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from outrelay02.libero.it (outrelay02.libero.it. [212.52.84.102])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id x3si1921694eea.210.2012.02.16.16.39.03;
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 212.52.84.102 as permitted sender) client-ip=212.52.84.102;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 212.52.84.102 as permitted sender) [email protected]
X-CTCH-Spam: Unknown
X-CTCH-RefID: str=0001.0A0B0208.4F3DA1A5.0058,ss=1,re=0.000,fgs=0
X-libjamoibt: 1821
Received: from wmail28 (172.31.0.39) by outrelay02.libero.it (8.5.140) (authenticated as [email protected])
id 4F3A7B9F005F6EAA; Fri, 17 Feb 2012 01:39:01 +0100
Message-ID: <6744838.2082901329439141263.JavaMail.root@wmail28>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 01:39:01 +0100 (CET)
Reply-To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: hello i am Wendy
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-SenderIP: 41.82.89.1

I'm Wendy,I saw your profile and desire to know your better.I will appreciate
you reply back and tell me more about yourself .You can write to my email
address([email protected])to enable me tell you more about myself.

Regards,

Wendy.

An email sent by the scammer from [email protected] :

my Dearest One

I am more than happy when i saw your mail.How was your day?,Mine is a little bit hot over here in Dakar Senegal.. My name is Miss wendy kelvin from Liberia in West Africa,5.7ft tall, fear in complexion,23 years old (never married before) and presently i am residing in the refugee camp here in Dakar as a result of the civil war that happen in my country then and still going on secretly.

My late father Mr Johnson Kelvin was the managing director of kelvin industry (Ltd) and he was the personal adviser to the former head of state ( Charles Taylor) before the rebels attacked our house one early morning and killed my father and other members of the family in cold blood.

It was only me that is alive, it is by the infinite mercy of God that made me to escape the tragic incidence because i know he hold my future that is why i am a live today now and I managed to make my way to a near by country Senegal in west africa where i am leaving now.

I would like to know more about you.Your likes and dislikes, you know love, understanding and tolorance covers a lot of mistakes in a life of a couple that why i will love to know your hobbies and what you are doing presently.I will tell you more about myself in my next mail.
Attached here is my picture, hoping to see your reply soonest
thanks yours Wendy
Advertisement

#87585 by Megan Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:17 pm
The scammer introduces a new character as part of the scam :

MY Dearest
How are you today together with your health which is the most important thing to me, hope fine..?I am more than happy in your reply to my mail.when i read your mail today it give me full joy and happiness. Thanks you once again i will like to see you face to face soonest. My love i will like to be part of your life, Mine is a little bit hot over here in Dakar Senegal. In this refugee camp we are only allowed to go out only two times in a week.Its just like one staying in the prison and i hope by Gods grace i will come out here soon.

My Dear, don't have any relatives now whom i can go to all my relatives ran away in the middle of the war the only person i have now is Reverend Father Greg Edor, who is the Rev Father of ( St.Mary's the Catholic Church) here in the refugee he has been very nice to me since i came here but i am not living with him rather i am leaving in the women's hostel because the refugee have two hostels one for men the other for women.for now i never meet a man before since i was born i still a virgin

The Rev phone number is ( +221-764-904-704 ) i will being waiting for your call by 2;pm my own time here today ;if you call and tell him that you want to speak with me he will send for me in the hostel.As a refugee here i don't have any right or privilege to any thing be it money or whatever because it is against the law of this country.I want to go back to my studies because i only attended my first year before the tragic incident that lead to my being in this situation now took place.

Please listen to this,i have my late father's statement of account and death certificate here with me which i will send to you latter,because when he was alive he deposited some amount of money in a leading bank in africa which he used my name as the next of kin,the amount in question is $4.5M (Four Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollars) So i will like you to help me transfer this money to your account and from it you can send some money for me to get my traveling documents and air ticket to come over to meet with you.I kept this secret to people in the refugee here the only person that knows about it is the Reverend because he is like a father to me.

So in the light of above i will like you to keep it to yourself and don't tell it to anyone for i am afrai d of loosing my life and the money if people gets to know about it. Remember i am giving you all this information due to the trust i deposed on you.I like honest and understanding people,truthful and a man of vision,truth and hardworking.My favorite language is English . Meanwhile i will like you to call me like i said i have lot to tell you.Have a nice day and think about me.
Awaiting to hear from you soonest.

And in this email, gives the contact details for the bank part of the scam :

My Dearest Darling

dearest how was your day am sure with God all is well, Am grateful for your reply to my mail it shows me that my situation here borders you allot may the good Lord bless you. once again thanks for your mail and i will like to have your full contact information, in case if you want to call me just use this number it belongs to our Rev here,his name is Rev Father Greg Eduw and his number is ( 00 221-764 904 704 ) ,just call and tell him that you want to speak with me.

Here in Senegal Refuge Camp,is very rough dear and i don't want to continue like this, once the bank start up the transfer process i will start up too for my arrangement to meet you face to face.My intention is to have a good future, and a good living. I believe in my heart that your help to me will bring something good to you, and i assure you that if God will use you to help me out of this situation, i will never forget you in my life and with what you have said in your mail to me i now have the confidence to go ahead with you.

Below here is the contact of the bank.

Halifax Finance Management
PO Box 548 Leeds LS1 1WU
London United Kingdom
Tel:+44 704 576 4110
Tel:+44 702 406 2502
Fax:+44 703 189 3675
Email: [email protected]
Contact Person: Dr. Ran Karleboma (Operation Manager)
Email: [email protected]

Contact them now on how to transfer the $4.5 million dollars deposited by my late father Mr. Johnson Kelvin of which i am the next of kin .My dear i am glad that God has brought you to see me out from this situation and i promise to be kind and will equally need you in every area of my life plus investing this money since i am still too young to manage it. As i told you before,this camp is just like a prison and my prayers is to move out from here as soon as possible.

Please make sure that you contact the bank so that after the transfer you can send some money from that money for me to prepare my traveling documents to meet with you in your country.please do your best to make sure that you make contact with the bank, i will advice you to call them on their telephone number and at the same time send an email to them for them to know our seriousness, what ever you discuss with them do get back to me so that i will be knowing what is happening.My prayer is for God to grant me my pursuance and by the grace of God he will surely see us through.Please once again keep it only for yourself, for my safety and security. The most important thing is to make sure that you make contact with the bank let us hear from them before any other thing will be done.Go ahead and call them.

Expecting to hear from you the response from the bank as soon as you received this fund in your account you will send to me some money from there which i will use to come and meet you in your country for future investment and i will also continue my education under your care while you manage the investment. Please take good care, and put me in your daily prayers,God bless you.please send your contact for easy communication i will be waiting to hear from you soon so that every thing will start itself as soon as you contact them.

Love and Kisses.

Yours Love
Miss Wendy