Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#8728 by Gill1155 Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:56 pm
Hi, I answered what seemed to be a legitimate add from a trusted Australian website for a role in the Virgin Islands. This is the reply that I received.

As per the result of the screening, we are to announce to you that you have been successfully been accepted as one of the chosen international applicants at Bank of Nova Scotia.

The hard copies of the contract documents has been dispatched to our nominated travel company, because they are in charge of all the issuance of Work, Residence Permit and Flight ticket to our chosen applicants.
Kindly contact W-D Travels Ltd according to their below contact information, you should have to indicate the below reference number (CODE 139), as to enable them to give you an immediate attention.

W-D Travels Ltd
689 Mars Hill, Frederiksted,
St. Croix Virgin Islands, US 00841
Email: [email protected]

Note: 1. Your contract is valid for 12 months, a final confirmation and endorsement of your contract shall be made upon the confirmation of the Prototype copy of your work permit, residence permit and flight ticket.
Note: 2. You should have to make sure that you secure your travelling documents and permits within 1 week of confirming Soft copies of contract / offer documents.
Congratulations, we hope to confirm and endorse your contract documents within the next 1 week, you should try to secure your travelling documents and permits within 1 week, all the expenses which you are going to make during the processing of your travelling documents and permits with our nominated travel company shall be fully reimburse upon your arrival.
Find attached the Contract Terms and Agreement, It is required that you go through the Contract Terms and Agreement and if it's okay by you, sign and return by e-mail attachment.

Email us the scanned copies of all your academic records.

Thanks and Good Luck.

Robert Meyer

Graduate Development & Recruitment Coordinator
Human Resources
214C Altona & Welqunst
Charlotte Amalie St. Thomas, VI 00804 USA
Tel:- (866) 990-5556 ext. 217
E-mail: [email protected]

The weird thing is that I know the company is legitmate and the phone number seems correct, however the website is not happening. They have sent a contract which I have kept a copy of. I also can no longer find the advertisement where I originally saw the job add. They have my CV, which has my address and contact number but no other details, but that alone worries me.

Regards,
Gill
Last edited by Gill1155 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#8729 by Peta Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:27 pm
Hi Gill, welcome to scamwarners.

You have done your self a great favour by reporting this scam. It is indeed a scam. I'll try to point out some of the more tell tale signs.

Firstly, as you noticed yourself. The domain names indicated in the text of the scam do not have viewable websites. A common technique adopted by fake job scammers is to create domains names to give the impression that they are authentic.

TRAVEL-IMMIGRATION.COM has only been registered for one year and will expire on 18 Aug 2009
CAREER-SCOTIABANK.COM has also been registered for only one year and will expire on 13 Mar 2010
You can check this for your self here http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp

The scammers have registered these websites for such a short period of time as they are aware that due to their fraudulent activities the domains are likely to be cancelled at any time.

I notice that the fake job has been advertised on at least two job sites; here http://www.dmjobs.co.uk/jobs/905973/bra ... scotia.asp and http://jobs.careerone.com.au/texis/jobs ... =careerone These job sites are legitimate and generally trusted. It is these qualities that the scammers take advantage of in relying on people to accept their fraudulent offer as legitimate.

Take notice of the address mentioned in the careerone.com.au advert "Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, V.I, NSW 00804". This is a nonsense address. In Australia all postcodes are made up of four digits. There are no exceptions to this. Also the telephone number is not Australian though the advert would seem to indicate that it is.

I have found another scam which uses very similar wording here: http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/arc ... 13830.html

Essentially, these particular type of scam would lead the victim to a fake travel agent or similarly fake immigration official who will demand payment for travel visas and other work related travel documents. If you have not already done so please cease all communications with these scammers. Good luck with your job hunting.
#8730 by Dotti Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:35 pm
Welcome, and I'm glad you recognized this scam before you got hurt.

Wow, looks like you might have two fraudulent domains and a scammer's toll-free number (very possibly paid for with a stolen credit card) in one email!

It is not unusual for scammers to claim to represent a legitimate company. There is a real Scotia Bank, and the website scotiabank.com is real. They just have nothing to do with the real company.

As far as your info goes, don't worry too much. If they don't have any financial info, social security number, drivers license or passport numbers, what they have is not really any more info than they can get from a lot of people's Myspace, Facebook, and Linked-in pages. You may find your incoming spam/scam level increases, and there may be attempts to scam you by phone, but as long as you are alert and aware, you are pretty safe. If they contact you again, tell them you aren't interested/found a job/can't travel after all, and don't communicate with them further--you shouldn't play with them because they have your real life info.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#82310 by duttasanjay32 Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:45 am
Respected Sir/Madam

As per below mail kindly reply me immediately it was ok or not.I am waiting for your reply very soon.
Thanking you,
Yours faithfully
xxxx
Dubai

xxx;

I am not equipped to give you advice in this matter but please refer to the link below and be guided as you see fit.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2308

Todd McLaughlin, CTP
Regional Director, USA
Global Transaction Banking
Scotia Capital
Direct: 713-759-3444
Cell: 832-202-7801
Fax: 832-426-6039
PIN:?? 26C5388C
[email protected]
711 Louisiana, Ste 1400, Houston, TX, USA 77002

"xxxx" ---01/19/2012 11:54:40 PM---Respected Sir

01/19/2012 11:54 PM

To
<[email protected]>

cc
<[email protected]>

Subject
Fw: Re: Account Manager (Reference No.: JB1731035) -

Respected Sir

Good morning, as per below mail I am make sure It is ok because I need your help so Kindly advice me what should I do I am waiting for your reply very soon.

Thanking you
Yours faithfully
xxx
971-05-8202454

Note: Forwarded message attached

-- Original Message --

To:
Subject: Re: Account Manager (Reference No.: JB1731035) -
Follow Rediff Deal ho jaye! to get exciting offers in your city everyday.

----- Message from "[email protected]" <[email protected]> on Unknown ----- To:
Subject: Re: Account Manager (Reference No.: JB1731035) -
As per the result of the screening, we are to announce to you that you have been successfully been accepted as one of the chosen international applicants at Scotiabank.

The hard copies of the contract documents has been dispatched to our nominated travel company, because they are in charge of all the issuance of Work Permit and Flight ticket to our chosen applicants.

Kindly contact WD Travel according to their contact information as stated in the contract, you should have to indicate the following (ID# 023317), as to enable them to give you an immediate attention.

Note: 1. Your contract is valid for 12 months, a final confirmation and endorsement of your contract shall be made upon the confirmation of the Prototype copy of your work permit and flight ticket.

Note: 2. You have to make sure that you secure your traveling documents and flight ticket within 1 week of confirming Soft copies of contract / offer documents.

Congratulations, we hope to confirm and endorse your contract documents within the next 1 week, you should secure your traveling documents and flight ticket within 1 week, all the expenses which you are going to make during the processing of your traveling documents and flight ticket with our nominated travel company shall be fully reimburse upon your arrival.

Find attached below, the Contract Terms and Agreement, It is required that you go through the Contract Terms and Agreement and if it's okay by you, sign and return to us with copies of your academic records.

Yours sincerely,

Joseph Coleman

Scotiabank
The Marketplace
5000 Estate Enighed
St. John, 00830 VI USA
Tel:- (800) 774-9817 Ext. 441
E: [email protected]
W: http://www.scotiabank.com

CONTRACT REF: SB/ BFDP/ 2012
APPLICANT ID#: 023317
FOR THE ATTENTION ,
This is to inform you that your qualification is found suitable for the job. Respect to
this, you are required to go through our contract terms and agreement and if
acceptable, you are required to sign and return it by email attachment and contact
us immediately for further directives.
NOTE: Candidates are chosen based on experience and previous
work/qualifications, Scotiabank provides three weeks training and development
opportunities before the commencement of duties.
RICK WAUGH (Chief Executive Officer)
PLACEMENT TERMS FOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
1.0 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY:
Scotiabank offers to employ your services as account manager.
Other Requirements are as defined below.

1.1 Employment requirements:
Prior to employment or commencement of Services, the Employee shall provide
Employer with the following:
U.S working/residence permit.
This is in line with the statuary law of the US Ministry of Interior, in compliance
with the U.N. Terrorism Act.
However, employees who do not presently posses their valid Residence/Work
Permits papers and Visa, you are to make contact with our nominated travel
company “WD Travel ” address given below for directives and assistance on the
acquisition and procurement of their US entry clearance/visa, valid residence, work
permits papers and air-ticket.
WD Travel
7810 Anchor Way, Suite 5,
Frederiksted, St. Croix VI, 00840
E-mail: [email protected]
2.0 CONSULTING PERSONNEL:
You shall be expected to work with a team of prime experienced Professional.
3.0 ENTITLEMENTS:
All salary and expense figures shall be in United States Dollars.
4.0 SALARY:
Salary per annum $134,046.00 (after tax). Work time shall be 40 hours, 5 days work
schedule in a week.
Work exceeding the stipulated 40hrs, 5 day work week shall be paid an overtime
sum at the hourly rate of $125.00.
5.0 EXPENSES:
Expenses incurred by the employee related to job before commencement of duties
will be substantiated with receipts and the employee will be reimbursed by the
employer not later than Seven (7) working days after submission of employee’s
expense report and receipts.
5.1 LODGING:
The employer will provide for first class accommodation. Accommodation shall be
of first class international standard. Account manager shall be eligible for Quality
single or family housing in company communities, and will be required to apply
during the job processing which shall be issued on employer discretion only as
necessitated by employee eligibility.
5.2 TRAVEL:
$3,000.00 (three thousand) flat rate travel/entertainment allowance shall be paid to
employee by employer for each intercontinental trip. Travel shall be by business
class/first class.
However for the purpose of commencement, the cost of travel ticket shall be paid in
addition to travel/entertainment allowance. Cost shall be substantiated and shall be
the rate charged at the period/time preceding purchase.
5.3 MEALS:
An extra $40.00 per diem/day shall be paid to cover for meals throughout the
contract duration.
5.4 MOVING EXPENSES:
The employee will be reimbursed by the employer for reasonable moving expense
incurred only as a result of relocation or early termination of leases, storage
charges, procurement of travel documents, immunizations etc. Reimbursements
shall be paid not more than Seven (7) working days from submission of report/and
receipts as proof of payments.
5.5 MEDICAL EXPENSES:
Employer will provide the employee with comprehensive health care for the term of
contract, and follow-on care for injuries suffered during the term of contract.
5.6 OTHER ALLOWANCES AND/OR BENEFITS:
Monetary aspects shall be provided for as deemed appropriate, and will be paid by
employer.
• An open-ended contract with high savings potential
• Personal effects shipment and excess baggage allowances
• Access to some of the finest expatriate social and recreational facilities in the U.
5.7 VACATION:
Employees shall be authorized three weeks of paid vacation twice during the term of
the contract, to be used at the employee’s discretion after duly informing and
receiving approval from employer’s management.
Employer will pay for travel expenses (i.e. flight tickets) and flat rate travel
allowance of $3,000.00.
6.0 MOBILIZATIONS:
The first monthly salary shall be paid in advance along with other pre resumption
benefits stipulated in contract upon arrival.
ARTICLE 1: CONTRACT PERIOD
The contract period shall be for Three hundred and sixty days (360) days or for
such time required for the execution of contract, whichever is less. This is with effect
from 27th of February, 2012 when the contractor/consultant assumes duties on
project site.
ARTICLE 2: ASSIGNMENT
3.1 The CONTRACTOR shall not assign or transfer any or all of its rights,
responsibilities or obligation under this Agreement without the prior written
consent of “Scotiabank ", which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld.
However, " Scotiabank " shall be entitled without such consent to assign the
transfer of any or all of its rights, responsibilities, obligations and liabilities under
this Agreement to any affiliate of " Scotiabank " or its co-ventures subject to prior
written notification.
ARTICLE 3: INDEMNITY
The CONTRACTOR agrees to indemnify and hereby indemnifies “Scotiabank” in
respect of all third party claims arising from the performance of this contract.
ARTICLE 4: FORCE MAJEURE
5.1 notwithstanding anything herein stated, neither party shall be considered in
default in the performance of its obligations under this Agreement as a result of
Force Majeure.
The term "Force Majeure" shall include but not limited to Act of God, War, Nation
wide strike, Lockout, Riot and Civil Commotion. A strike or Lockout embarked
upon by only the CONTRACTOR’S personnel shall not be deemed to be included in
this term.
5.2 If an interruption of work occurs as a result of "Force Majeure" for up to seven
(7) days, 70% of the basic daily fees shall be paid as standby.
However, if such suspension results in CONTRACTOR not being able to perform
its duties for more than seven (7) days, then “Scotiabank " may at its option elect to
continue the implementation of this Agreement at adjusted standby rates to be
negotiated by " Scotiabank " and CONTRACTOR or to terminate the contract.
ARTICLE 5: TERMINATION
6.1 This Agreement may be terminated: -
(i) If the services stated in Article 1 and are not rendered satisfactorily.
(ii) If the duration of the Agreement stated in Article 2 expires and no extension has
been given.
(iii) Under Force Majeure as stated in Article 7.0
ARTICLE 6: DEFAULT OF CONTRACTOR
7.1 In the event of default by CONTRACTOR or non-compliance by
CONTRACTOR with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, notice shall be
given by “Scotiabank " to CONTRACTOR specifying areas of default and
CONTRACTOR shall have ten (10) calendar days to rectify to " Scotiabank "
satisfaction, the said default(s). If CONTRACTOR does not rectify to “Scotiabank
s" satisfaction, the said default(s) within ten (10) days of receipt of the notice,”
Scotiabank “may proceed with termination of this Agreement subject only to
settlement of all payments due and outstanding at the time of termination.
ARTICLE 7: ADDRESSES FOR NOTICE
All notices and other communication required to be given hereunder by one party to
the other shall be in writing and shall be sufficiently given if sent by post, mail
attachment, faxed or delivered by hand to the addresses hereunder.
THE CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR
SCOTIABANK
5000 ESTATE ENIGHED,
ST. JOHN, VI 00830 USA
ARTICLE 8: ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This Agreement embodies the entire understanding of the parties hereto and any
prior representation or arrangements are hereby superseded.
ARTICLE 9: ATTESTATION
I HAVE READ AND AGREED TO THE SCOTIABANK TERMS OF SERVICE
AND POLICY.
NAME: …………………………………………………………
ADDRESS: …………………………………………………….
SIGNATURE: …………………………………………………
DATE: ………………………………………………………….
Official use:
SIGNED AND DELIVERED FOR AND ON BEHALF OF:
SCOTIABANK
BY:
SIGNATURE
CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR
SCOTIABANK
Mod edit: edited out real name and email address. DJ
#82345 by Dotti Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:56 am
As I stated in the other topic, this is a definite scam, and the scammers have used this exact same script with another fake travel agency name.

The domain careers-scotiabank.com is a fake, registered by the scammers to make their scam look more real. It is not affiliated with the real scotia bank or the website scotiabank.com . Our site killers will investigate more thoroughly and try to get that fake taken down.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#82595 by Rocky Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:14 pm
I also think it is a scam!

I have recived the SAME mail with the same numbers showh down:

CONTRACT REF: SB/ BFDP/ 2012 (the same!)
APPLICANT ID#: 023317 (the same! how could that be???)

Also the rest of text is the same...
start 3 weeks training.... but it doesn't say WHEN does it start (on 27 February or before, witch is in collision with the fact ... "This is with effect from 27th of February, 2012 when the contractor/consultant [b]assumes duties on project site.[/b]"
Where are three weks he is talking about? Before or after 27 February?

Although it seems like a dream job, aks yourself what do we realy know about the job itself? (detailed job description (a better insight of job))?

Nothing!

Definitely a scam! Hope, You haven't send them your academic records, passport copy itc...

P.s. duttasanjay32, (and all others) on what site have you come across this "dream" job ?
#82754 by Rocky Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:24 pm
SCAN-MAN COLEMAN reply-ed again ...

Look What he wrote about a "dream" job ....

Dear XXXXYYYZZZ,

Thank you for your email, the Contract should be carefully read and returned to us via email as soon as possible. This position specified includes excellent & proper housing for you and your family, as soon as your 1 year contract ends, it will be renewed automatically for another 1 and goes on.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

Specific responsibilities include work scheduling of all account personnel, establishing work standards, conducting site evaluations/audits, overall inventory/equipment usage, budget control, employee performance appraisals, troubleshooting/ problem solving, orientation/training of Account Supervisors and support personnel, customer relations, and special project work as requested. This individual will also ensure that all managed services are being provided in a proper and cost effective manner.

Control expenses within area of responsibility
Develop and recommend account operating budget and ensure the department operates within budget.
Evaluate and justify supplies, equipment, and purchases, as needed.
Maintain records and statistics for administrative and regulatory purpose
Plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and supervise functions and activities of the department.
Establish work standards and work flow.
Establish and maintain effective lines of communication with the client and the facility personnel to ascertain that their needs and requirements as related to the facility management contract are being satisfied.
Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
Maintain an environment that is in sanitary, attractive, and orderly condition.
Ensure that environmental procedures are being followed.
Demonstrate and promote culture, values, and management philosophy.
Proactive in the achievement of the facility goals and ob-jectives.
Excellent communication skills.

Apartment Description:
3 Bedroom Apartment
Amenities:
Air conditioning
Cable/Satellite Ready
Carpeting
Ceiling Fan
Hardwood Floors
Kitchen:
Dishwasher
Garbage Disposal
Microwave
Convenience:
Elevator
Entry:
Controlled Access
Laundry:
Community Laundry Room
Parking:
Assigned Parking
Covered Parking.

About:
St. Thomas has everything within reach for a convenient way of life. You certainly will never have a hard time finding something to do if you are living in the area but that's not the only reason why people choose to reside in St. Thomas. It's also a very good choice for raising a family and the school systems can provide your children what they need to be successful in life. This paradise can offer you and your family the environment that you would really enjoy to live in. The air is clean and the beaches are beautiful. It's hard to find a place that provides so much with such beautiful surroundings.

The travel company is an authorized agency, they take care of the entry clearance/ visa, work permit and flight ticket of all our qualified applicants. You are responsible to cover all your travel expenses, all the expenses which you are going to make during the processing of you and your family's traveling documents and flight tickets with our nominated travel company shall be fully reimburse upon your arrival.

Following is the travel company's email address: [email protected]

Kindly proceed with the acquisition and procurement of your work permits papers and air-ticket because you are to arrive here on or before 20 February, 2012, please notify us as soon as you have secured your travel documents and flight ticket so we can make proper arrangement for your arrival.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send an email or reach me at (800) 774-9817 Ext. 441.

We look forward to meeting you soon.

Joseph Coleman

Scotiabank
The Marketplace
5000 Estate Enighed
St. John, 00830 VI USA
Tel:- (800) 774-9817 Ext. 441

P.s. duttasanjay32 where are U?
Have You given up???