Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#66519 by John DeLaney Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:17 pm
This is supposedly from the son of the Director of Mines Liberia. There will be fees to be paid to the shipping companies, lawyers will appear, Court Documents will need to be paid for, and there will never be any rubies/diamonds/gold.

Another scammer trying his luck

from MELVIN CLARK [email protected]
sender-time Sent at 6:35 AM (GMT+01:00). Current time there: 3:13 AM. ?
reply-to [email protected]
to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
date Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 6:35 AM
subject MELVIN CLARK

hide details Aug 20

Warning: This message may not be from whom it claims to be. Beware of following any links in it or of providing the sender with any personal information. Learn more
ATTENTION,

I Am 16years old, my name is Melvin Clark, from Liberia . I am the eldest son of the late Captain Gordon Clark, the former Director of Ministry of Mining and Solid Mineral, Liberia . I am now in Ghana as a refugee in the Ghana refugee camp. Please, I want to confide in you to help me solve this problem, which I have. My late father deposited a consignment with a security & finance company before the war in my country, and when the fight was ablaze, my parent was shot dead by the rebels and I and my sister escaped to exile by the assistant of The United Nations peace keeping soldiers and we were brought to Ghana to seek asylum under Ghana Government.

One of my late father's friends, Mr. Yang Lee is suppose to receive the consignment for him in Asia, all effort to contact Mr. Yang Lee has proved abortive but I still remain the next of kin to empower a new foreign partner to assist and work on behalf of me, it is on this note that I am contacting you to please assist me to make claims of the consignments from the security company and help us invest the funds for the benefit of my future.i want to invest in USA,Asia and Europe as well. i need an urgent adoption to help me facilitate issue.

I have personally contacted the security Company and they have assured me that the consignment is intact and its ready to be released or deliver to any of my late father partner or anybody I empower to received the consignment in any part of Asia, America or Europe as it was instructed by my late father before he die, now what I intend to do now is to empower you for the claim of this consignment on behalf of me.

Please, this is confidential, and I have not told anybody before about this, the consignment contains 50 Carats of purple rough-cut diamond gemstones of Diamond Creek, Lofa County Origin and $30 Million U.S Dollars which according to what I see from my late fathers will, the money is two silver boxes. I count on you and i trust you because am sure and i have the believed that you can do it and be honest with me.we shall share 50/50% of the total funds and goods.i will make you the foreign beneficiary of all the consignment including dumorage charges by the security company.

At the moment i did not have any financial power to handle this transaction alone and that is why am getting you involve to help me with one mind and solve this problem for me. I am sending this email on public cafe, I cannot say everything here for confidential reason, but please you can give me your telephone number and i will call you immediately.
Thank you with hope of your help.God richly bless you.

Yours truly,

Melvin Clark.MELVIN CLARK

John DeLaney
Advertisement

#88020 by vonpaso xlura Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:58 am
From [email protected] Tue, 28 Feb 2012 07:23:34 -0500
Received: from plum.safe-mail.net ([192.168.13.75])
by tapuz.safe-mail.net with smlocal (smtas 1.2);
Tue, 28 Feb 2012 07:23:49 -0500
DomainKey-Status: not-signed (no-policy)
X-SMTests: G00nmp0i0b0ar00u
Received: from bay0-omc4-s24.bay0.hotmail.com ([65.54.190.226])
by plum.safe-mail.net with esmtp (smtpd 1.0)
id N1U-8ztdmRnEIq
for [email protected]; Tue, 28 Feb 2012 07:23:34 -0500
Received-SPF: pass
Received: from BAY167-W137 ([65.54.190.199]) by bay0-omc4-s24.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675);
Tue, 28 Feb 2012 04:23:31 -0800
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_3f2e177b-af1c-48ef-be2e-ce4140a5fb0a_"
X-Originating-IP: [41.218.240.154]
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: sir please deeply find a place in your heart to help me
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 12:23:32 +0000
Importance: Normal
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
References:
<[email protected]>,<[email protected]>,<[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 28 Feb 2012 12:23:31.0942 (UTC) FILETIME=[C8BB2060:01CCF613]

Dear sir

I am sending you this email with the spirit of happiness and with great amount of trust.
Am 19years old, my name is Melvin Clark, from Liberia. I am the eldest son of the late Captain Gordon Clark, the former Director of Ministry of Mining and Solid Mineral, Liberia. I am now in Ghana as a refugee in the Ghana refugee camp. Please, I want to confide on you to help me solve this problem, which I have. My late father deposited a consignment with a security & finance company before the war in my country, and when the fight was ablaze, my parent was shot dead by the rebels and I and my sister escaped to exile by the assistant of The United Nations peace keeping's soldiers and we were brought to Ghana to seek asylum under Ghana Government.

One of my late father's friends, Mr. Yang Lee is suppose to receive the consignment for him in Asia, all effort to contact Mr. Yang Lee has proved abortive but I still remain the next of kin to empower a new foreign partner to assist and work on behalf of me, it is on this note that I am contacting you to please assist me to make claims of the consignments from the security company and help us invest the funds for the benefit of my future.

I have personally contacted the security Company and they have assured me that the consignment is intact and his ready to deliver the consignment to any of my late father partner or anybody I empower to received the consignment in any part of Asia, America or Europe as it was instructed by my late father before he die, now what I intend to do now is to empower you for the claim of this consignment on behalf of me in your country.
Please, this is confidential, and I have not told anybody before about this, the consignment contains 50 Carats of purple rough-cut diamond gemstones of Diamond Creek, Lofa County Origin and $30 Million U.S Dollars which according to what I see from my late fathers will, the money is two silver boxes. I count on you and i trust you because am sure and I have the believed that you can do it and be honest with me.

At the moment I did not have any financial power to handle this transaction alone and that is why am getting you involve to help me with one mind and solve this problem for me. I am sending this email on public cafe, I cannot say everything here for confidential reason, but please you can give me your telephone number and i will call you immediately. Attachment is my international passport and all the documents i saw on my father briefcase, I want you to check it up and let me know how you can iron this issue out for me as soon as possible.
Thank you, with hope of your help.

Yours truly,
Mr. Melvin Clark.
+233 546 677 213

Note the discrepancy in ages. More discrepancies will show up if you respond. His sister is named Waneta.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#88218 by vonpaso xlura Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:14 am
2011-07-10 Wotamor wrote:Subject: Barrister James Wotamor

Barrister James Wotamor
James Wotamor Chambers
& Accredited Services
Tel: +233-244-526-418.
Email: [email protected]

Dear Mr. (Snip),

Thank you for contacting James Wotamor & Accredited Chamber.

I am in receipt of your email and its content well noted, I am so delighted to know you are willing to adopt these children as yours and better their life just as their father will do if he was alive.

I have been their father’s Lawyer here in Ghana since 2002 when he came to Ghana to make this deposit which I witnessed and stood by him as his personal lawyer before is sudden demise.

These Kids were under aged as at the time I knew their father so I did not really got to see them in person not until (Melvin) and the sister (Waneta) presented the documents of their father that was issued as at the time he made the deposit of these consignments as family inheritance.

Further more to this, these kids are complaining of living in an inharmonious environment and they really wish to get their father asset to leave a better life just as their father wishes them.

On this note, I have scrutinized all the documents they presented to me and am fully convinced that they are the through kids of my late client Mr. Gordon Clark, Attached to this mail is an extract of the (Terms And Contract) documents that was signed by my self and the Late Gordon Clark with this documents you will have an insight.

After viewing this document to the best of your understanding we will now proceed by making an application to the Security Company for claims as stated on the Terms and Contract.

I will be waiting for your soonest response.

Best Regards,
Barrister James Wotamor

What sort of barcode is that?

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10