Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#89334 by AllyDixxon Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:54 am
I received an e-mail from the person I don't know. It's obviously a scam as you can see below

From Dr. George Allen
Investment Portfolio Manager,
London Regional Office
UBS Investment Bank London.
Mobile:+447035901030

Dear Friend,

Please can you be trusted? I am Dr. George Allen from Harlesden. I work with UBS Investment Bank United Kingdom. I am writing you from my office that will be of an immense benefit for both of us. In my department, being the Regional manager I discovered an abandoned sum of £15.4 Million Great British Pounds Sterling (Fifteen Million Four Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds)in an account that belongs to one of our foreign customers Late Mr. Stephen Richard who unfortunate loss his life in an accident.

The choice of contacting you is aroused from the geographical nature of where you live, particularly due to the sensitivity of this transaction. The Bank has been waiting for any of the relatives to come-up for the claim but nobody has done that. I personally have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for 3 years now, I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin /Will Beneficiary to the deceased so that the proceeds of this account valued at £15.4 Million Pounds will be transferred to your bank account as the next of kin to Late Mr. Stephen Richard.

This will be disbursed or shared in these percentages, 60% for me and 40% for you. All I need is to upload your details in our bank database system as the next of kin to Late Mr. Stephen Richard. All I require now is your honest Co-operation, Confidentiality and Trust to enable us see this transaction through. Please you have to keep this transaction 100% secret because of my position here in my bank.

I got your contact from your country international business information. I decided to contact you hoping that you will find this deal interesting. Please on your confirmation of this message and your interest I will furnish you with more information. Endeavor to let me know your decision as soon as possible. I will like to invest my own share 60% in your country.

Provide me the following information, so that will enable me to upload your data into our bank database to reflect in the bank network system that you are the named next of kin/will beneficiary of this. I will guide you on how to open communication with the bank and make the claims for onward transfer of the fund to you. Please note that we have few days to carry out this deal.

1. Full Name:
2. Your Resident Address:
3. Your Direct Mobile Number:
4. Your Fax Number:
5. Gender:
6. Age:

Best Regards,
Dr. George Allen
Mobile:+447035901030

And what should I do now??
Advertisement

#89337 by AlanJones Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:02 am
Just ignore and delete it. It's the initial email in the format, so the scammer has no knowledge of who he has sent it to as it will be mass-mailed to many email addresses.

Could you also post the email address that it came from so that others searching for the address can avoid being scammed.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#89369 by vonpaso xlura Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:23 am
^^Better yet, post the complete headers. These are lines beginning "Received:" or "X-Originating-IP:" or the like, usually hidden when you look at an email. With those, we can tell (usually) where the scammer really is.

^It's +4470. The first 0 in 070 is used for long-distance dialing within the UK.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#89523 by AllyDixxon Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:16 am
:lol: that's just me .. almost always smiling ;)
by the way last year a friend of mine received similar email and that poor kid believed it's real!!!!
Fortunatelly I stopped him from giving any information but it only makes me sure many people can get in trouble