Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#9065 by John DeLaney Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:27 pm
This is a slowly accumulating collection of a typical unclaimed bank account scam.

James first used [email protected], then vanished for a couple of weeks, then reappeared with [email protected]. I am guessing his original contact email account was closed, luckily he is an organised chap, and has a long list of spare email accounts to continue with, 148 if the numbers can be trusted.

There are all the usual scammer mistakes in all his replies, spelling, capitilisation, missing capitals,and his phone is a UK Re-direct number, so he could be anywhere in the world, but in this case he's in Lagos Nigeria from his ip address.

Greetings,

I am Mr. James Silva and i work with Guaranty trust bank plc. There Is an account opened in my bank in 2000 and since 2003 nobody has operated on this account again, after going through some old file in the records I discovered that if I do not remit this money out urgently it would be forfeited for nothing. The owner of this account is Mr. Pat Groves, a foreigner and a miner at Mount Resources Ltd. a geologist by profession. He died since 2003, and no other person knows about this account or anything concerning it. The account has no other beneficiary and my investigation proved to me as well that his company does not know anything about his account and the amount involved is Thirty Six Million United States Dollars.

I am only contacting you as a foreigner because the bank is going to welcome you as a foreigner that has correct information about the account, which I will give to you before we proceed. I need your full co-operation to make this work fine. If you are capable to handle such an amount in strict confidence and trust we will achieve this money immediately, I will also use
my position to influence and affect legal approvals and immediate onward transfer of this money to your account with appropriate clearance from the
ministries and foreign exchange department. As soon as the transfer is concluded, you are entitled to 25% of the total funds.

I look forward to your earliest reply.

Best Regards,
James Silva

Dear Vivian,

I received your email and i have just collected the information that you sent to me. I have also made my contacts and i have been able to collect the formal application that you will send to the bank.

Right now we have to proceed, i have met with my insider and he has worked for the fund to be moved as soon as possible and this is what we have arranged.

You will write to them with the below application and with my influence and that of the insider your approval is certain.

Below is the application:

The Manager
GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC.,
NO.1 OGUI ROAD,
ENUGU,
NIGERIA.

Re: Release of $36,000,000.00 U.S. dollars, (Thirty six million U.S. dollars only) on account number 417-69235-9 of Dr.Patrick Grooves.

Dear Sir,

Reference to the above stated Account No. 417-69235-9 of late Dr.Patrick Grooves, with a credit balance of 36 Million Point Zero -Zero U.S. Dollars Only, I have been advised by counsel that I am the designated beneficiary to the above referenced, dormant account, held by the late Dr.Patrick Grooves.

As such, we wish to apply for the release of the total said amount and full payment of $36,000,000.00 U.S. dollars, (Thirty six million U.S. dollars only) in our favor, representing the full phase payment from the credit balance in the said account.

In accordance with the National and International Laws of Inheritance, kindly remit the stated amount in full to our account number stated below:

-Bank name:

-Bank address:

-Account name: V

-Account Number: 01

This request is predicated on the fact that since the death of Dr.Patrick Grooves, who was entrusted with The Management of Pat Inc. Co., the need for the transfer of the money in the account becomes imperative.

We shall therefore be very grateful if this request meets with your favorable consideration. Thank you.

Sincerely,

(Your full name/Residential&postal address/Phone Number
-----------------------------------------------

Please make sure you edit the format above and make sure that your name, postal/residential address and phone number are all correct.

Send the application to: [email protected]

Give me a call as soon as you have sent the application or let me have your phone number or mobile so that i can call you instead.

I wait to hear from you.

Regards,
James Silva
+447024043997

Dear Vivian,

How are you? I have been out of town on an official assignment to an area without internet access and bad telephone network. Although i tried calling you but i beleive i couldn't get through to you because your phone number was incomplete.

I am back now and ready to conclude this business. Pls give me a call as soon as you get this email so that we can proceed from where we stopped or resend your phone number indicating the country code and city code. Also update me on your correspondence with the lawyer.

Best reagards,
James Silva
+447024043997

Dear Vivian,

Here is the lawyers email once again, [email protected] . Copy it the way i have typed it and paste it in your "To" field. Let me know if it goes through.

Regards,
James

John DeLaney
Advertisement