Information on romance scams and scammers.
#96259 by mallfada Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:28 am
I have been online with is so called soldier for 2 months. and just over the past 2 days now I have found the forms that are fake that I have filled out, like many other of you's.The leave request form, and the money back guarantee form.
I have not yet told this soldier he is a fraud yet.
Because I want to find out about the real military man that is being impersonated.
I need help from the other victims out there!
How can i find out, about the real military man,if he alive or dead, or married or still in the military?
Please if any one know of an official site, or an official address, or an official phone number for me.
Last edited by mallfada on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#96269 by Dotti Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:20 am
The US military will not help you to find the soldier in the photos. Sharing soldiers' information with strangers would be a serious invasion of the soldiers' privacy and against their policy.

Sometimes people have found the original soldier by performing searches of names, photos (they can be searched on tineye and google), and any other information they have been given.

As a general rule, we do not recommend tracking down the real person in photos used for romance scamming. There is nothing he can do to stop the use of his photos in scams. Even if he removes the posted photos (the scammers often steal photos from personal facebook pages, etc--though they may steal them from news stories, even wikipedia), the scammers will still have the photos saved to his own computer. That puts the real person in the position of being frustrated but having no ability to change the situation.

In addition, the real person is nothing like the scammer's character. More often than not, he/she is NOT seeking a relationship, and even if he/she is single, their personality (and even basic characteristics--scammers have even changed the age of their character from that of the real person by as much as 20 years) is nothing like the fake the scammer has created, and he is likely looking for someone/something completely different. He is as likely to see contact from a stranger scammed by his photos as an intrusion into his personal life as he is to appreciate it. Many victims have found the original person, only to be hurt even more when the real person treated them poorly.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#96272 by mallfada Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:57 am
Because of the use of the fake forms, which he claims are not fake. How do I know I have been really scammed or not?
How do I know if I am communicating with the real person, or an impersonator?
And should I post his name and email address to this site?
Please Help!

Frustrated.
#96286 by Dotti Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:18 am
You can post the forms here if you would like, but there is absolutely NO doubt. This is a scammer.

The "leave request form" and "money back guarantee form" are nothing more than inventions of scammers.

In the real US military, you would NEVER request leave for a soldier. You are not allowed to. Soldiers request leave for themselves and civilians are no part of the process. Soldiers are only granted leave if they have earned it. Leave is like vacation from a regular job--soldiers are eligible for a certain amount based on time worked, and they do NOT pay for it--they don't pay for replacement officers, insurance, or anything else either. If they are not eligible for leave, they can't buy it. In addition, the military will make arrangements for them to travel for leave, so they don't have to buy plane tickets to meet you.

The moment a "soldier" asks you to make a request to the military for him--whether it is for leave, communication, or something else--he has already proven himself to be a scammer.

Please post all names and email addresses he is using, including any email addresses he gave you for the leave request, as those also belong to him or his accomplices. In addition, please post the first emails he sent you--these emails will actually be scripts that he uses on several women, and having them posted will help others.

#96293 by mallfada Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:34 pm
Should I post the name of this fake soldier and his email, because it is still a working email?
So that others can be aware when he moves on from me?

Frustrated.
#96300 by Dotti Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:23 pm
Please do post all names and email addresses he is using, including any email addresses he gave you for the leave request, as those also belong to him or his accomplices. In addition, please post the first emails he sent you--these emails will actually be scripts that he uses on several women, and will keep using even when he changes his fake name. Posting them will help others--it will also hurt the scammer by reducing his chances of getting money from the next women he tries to scam, which is a good thing.

Also, do not tell him that you have listed him here, because then he will change his name and email address. It is better if he tries to keep scamming using the same information so that women who google it find it here. Just drop him. Stop responding to him, block his email address, and completely ignore him.

#96327 by mallfada Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:40 pm
Dear Honey,

I am sitting here somewhere in the world thinking about you, thinking about all the things we've spoken about, all the things we've said to each other, thinking about the so many "I Love You's" that have never lost their value even though we've said them more than a million times to one another. I know you are somewhere at the other side of the world thinking about me too. Wherever you are and go, you go with me. I walk by your side. When you go to bed, I am stepping in it at the same time you are. When you sit down to eat, I am next to you to eat too. When you are combing your hair, I am there kissing and stroking it, smelling the smell of the shampoo you use. I am so in love with you - and I can even feel you here ... behind me, touching me, saying, "Love, come with me." I would come with you without hesitation.

My Honey, all I am saying now is that I am so happy to have found you. You mean everything to me. You are my earth, my water, my sun. You are everything that maintains life, everything that gives life. Having you with me is like being reborn. Before you, I was dead. I was a zombie wandering around with no destination, or a robot that people commanded. I didn't have a life. Now I have you, and all I want to do is be with you and feel ALL of you. Know that you are wanted ... how much? That is not something I can describe in words - eternally much, horribly, awefully much? I can't wait until I can embrace you, kiss you, to melt with you, to show you HOW much you are wanted. We will be together soon ... I know, a look in your beautiful eyes ... Oh God! I just love You!

Forever and Always,
Gronda

This is the first letter i got from this fake soldier....
He uses Gronda Martron as his name or Andrew Mark .
his emails are [email protected], and [email protected].

He says he is:
Sergeant E7 Gronda Martron of the United States Infantry Army
Sergeant of the Kabul Boynuyogun Refugee of the Forth Benning Camp
He says this is his address and status and rank.

Ladies beware of this impersonator.
I will post more personal notes from him becasue when he writes he uses the word cos all the time.
#96328 by mallfada Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:47 pm
Whats the deal with the TS2 telephone service that my fake soldier always needs money to have?
He says it is a special phone, that only the military uses, and costs 550 a month for service.

Please someone explain this con game to me?
#96330 by Dotti Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:08 pm
Not surprisingly, the scammer copied the letter from lovingyou.com - a favorite site for scammers to steal romantic letters and poetry. http://archive.lovingyou.com/content/inspiration/loveletters-content.php?ID=338

The scammer is trying to convince you that he is in an area without phone service, and he needs a special satellite phone to talk to you. His goal is to have you pay for this phone--but the email address he gives you for the satellite phone company does not actually belong to a satellite phone company--it belongs to him or one of his accomplices, and they tell you to send money by Western Union or another method to the phone "company." In reality, if you sent money to this fake "company," the scammer or an accomplice would pick it up.
A real soldier would never ask for this--the US military makes sure that soldiers can contact their loved ones without requiring they pay for special phones.

You can see this is so common that we put it in our summary of the soldier scam here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527

#96380 by Grunt Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:14 am
[email protected]
blackplanet.com
grondamartron
Sex: Male
Race: Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, White
am myself, i don't let my job get in to my head, i respect you cos you deserve to be respect, when you come closer to me, then you know how good am i, my job is good.

yahoo avatar
#96383 by Grunt Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:34 am
cupid.com
uid 1145059789
sgtgronda , 41
Hollywood
Straight , Widowed
Looking for a soul mate for long term relationship.
a woman who has got a loving and caring heart to show .She must be kind,down to earth so sincere trustworthy,and committed when it comes to a relationship.
I am Sgt Jeff Gronda work with the US Army and currently being deployed to Iraq where i work as a secret special intelligent forces in the military intelligence department .I am an open minded,romantic person and fun to be with.

Last edited by Grunt on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#96384 by Grunt Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:38 am
girlsdateforfree.com
uid 239735071
SGTGRONDA
Looking for a soul mate for long term relationship.
Town Hollywood
Age 41
My height 5' 8 (1.73m)
In their own words
I am Sgt Jeff Gronda work with the US Army and currently being deployed to Iraq where i work as a secret special intelligent forces in the military intelligence department .I am an open minded,romantic person and fun to be with.
In brief...
My roots Other
My education A Levels
My income <£100,000
Do you have children? Yes, not living at home
Do you want children? Not sure
Employment Other

datepad.com
sgtjeffgronda
Hi, I'm Sgtjeffgronda
“Need A Soul Mate For Long Term Relationship”
Hollywood, Florida, United States
Looking For Straight Female
#96387 by began steele Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:05 am
:no-really:
where i work as a secret special intelligent forces in the military intelligence department

Not much of a secret is it now he has told everyone! Even if there was a shred of truth, AND THERE IS NOT, no soldier would discuss anything to do with their work if they were Special Forces. Not even to their wives, mothers, children and especially somone on the internet. Such words are a BIG RED FLAG, You can include words such as "Security", "Special Forces", "Intelligent", "Intelligence", as Red Flags too. Military scammers try to be different than run of the mill squaddies and even to be a budding James Bond. It is Baloney and when you see any suggestion of it, it is a scam. A scammer will often mention being on "Patrol". He will not be able to tell you what type of patrol it was because there are various types and he does not know. It is not just wandering around the countryside carrying guns.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#96401 by began steele Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:38 am
As above but more.
Here is your scammer using email address

[email protected]
http://badoo.com/0228979850/
Gronda, 47 Lagos, Nigeria

More worrying is this profile. Yes it's a fake profile
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003569380735
Andrew Mark
Engaged to xxx

(Who is probably a victim sucked into a scam?)
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1454656446 Victim?
She has his Facebook pic posted on her profile but of many, no more of this person. I believe she has never met this scammer.

As a hint- the scammer got confused in his fake profiles.He made a bad mistake which his victim didn't realise. As we see above he can never writes anything original for himself. He steals the text again. This time from Mariah Carey.
http://lyrics.filestube.com/song/d42334 ... Audio.html
Andrew Mark
Baby if you give it to me !.. I give it to you!.. I know what you want !.. You know I got it. Baby if you give it to me!.. I give it to you!.. As long as you want !.. You know I got it. i love you so much Momma
Share · Friday at 5:47pm

Chere E Rupp: uummm do ya' think you sent this to the wrion person???
Friday at 8:36pm
xxx lol
Friday at 10:13pm
xxx im laughing my ass off

Andrew Mark has another fake soldier as a “friend.” Probably himself.

MIKE KING
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003630116097
Worked at United States Army. Lives in London, United Kingdom. In a relationship with Chere E Rupp.

Chere E Rupp is probably another victim.
http://www.facebook.com/LizzyTiz
myYearbook | Brianna Cougar
http://www.myyearbook.com/members/25409173

Both these ladies have been warned.
UPDATE
Andrew Mark DELETED - AS REPORTED AS BEING SCAMMER
Last edited by began steele on Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.