Information on romance scams and scammers.
#92080 by scamangel Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:45 am
Hi all, I have been leading this one on for ages.... I haven't and won't part with info or money.
He got me from a dating site where he was also. The pictures are good - not millitary but he is obviously a military guy.
This'll get ya - he recons he is with the CIA stationed in North Korea. He is 45, wants leave for 3 months whereas during this time he will apply for his retirment.
He knows I don't own a bean, I havn't even got property or a bank account (all lies from me of course!). He claims that he is getting his superior to send me his benefit check, it will be in dollars, and he is flying into the UK on this Saturday coming. I think the flight booking I have is fake too. Could you possibly check this for me in any way? I just feel sorry for the poor guy in the photos. He has given me other info but I'm playing my cards close to my chest at the mo and will let you know in due course. Don't worry though I an parting with even a breath!! xx

P.S. I have taken out his name for now just in case. Oh BTW 'I'm CIA hun, I can live where ever I like??' Sounds more than odd to me - would love to know what you think!! :) :beer:

Confirmation Manage my Booking Complete your trip Destination Guide Flying Blue
Confirmation
Your booking is confirmed
The confirmation of your booking has been sent to you by e-mail. You will receive your e-ticket(s) at the same e-mail address.

Important

• If your name or other personal details have been misspelled, please contact us within 24 hours of booking.
• Please make sure that you arrive at the airport on time. We suggest that you always check in online if possible. This is an easy way to avoid queues at the airport.
• All times mentioned are local times.
• Please make sure you possess all valid travel documents during your entire journey.
• Find more information about health matters, passports and visas on KLM.com
• Travelling to or from Belgium? You can travel partly by train by exchanging your flight coupon for a train ticket. Read more about using a KLM ticket to travel by rail

Any other questions?
Feel free to contact the KLM Service Centre.

Your booking code

Please save your booking code. You may need to use this code in your correspondence with KLM and our partners.
Flight - Booking code 5UNBJ7

Total price
Flight KWD 568.40
Payment made at KLM Office by US Army Department

Thank you for booking with KLM. We wish you a pleasant flight.

Flight summary

Flight: Kuwait - London - One way KWD 568.40
Sat 7 Apr 12

Departure: Kuwait - London
Sat 7 Apr 12 00:55 Kuwait (International Airport, Kuwait) -
06:05 Amsterdam (Schiphol, Netherlands)
Class: World Business Class
Flight number: KL 0413
Aircraft type: Airbus A330-200 | view seat map
Operated by: KLM
The waiting time until the next flight is 1h10
Sat 7 Apr 12 07:15 Amsterdam (Schiphol, Netherlands) -
07:40 London (Heathrow Airport, UK)
Class: Europe Business Class
Flight number: KL 1001
Aircraft type: Boeing 737-800 | view seat map
Operated by: KLM
Total travel time 8h45

Passengers

Mr )))))))) (adult) Please note that your name is spelled ))))))) on your ticket
Telephone number 1 009718598090
Telephone number 2 009718598090
E-mail address [email protected]
Seat preference Window
Special meal Low fat meal

Price specification

Adult
Price 518.00
Booking fee -
Fuel surcharge 42.00
Security charge 2.75
Airport Passenger Service Charge 2.50
Airport departure tax 2.00
Netherlands noise isolation charge 0.75
Airport service charge 0.40
Price (per passenger) 568.40
Number of passengers 1

Total price for all passengers KWD 568.40
Total price: KWD 568.40

Ticket conditions

Departure flight : Kuwait - London
Change • Change is permitted at no cost
Cancel • Cancellation is permitted at no cost.
No-show • No-show is permitted without having to pay a penalty fee
Maximum stay • A maximum stay of 12 month(s) applies
Travel class • You will be travelling in I/J class with fare basis IFFWKW.
Frequent flyer • Flying Blue members earn 5934 Miles
Advertisement

#92084 by scamangel Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:16 am
Ah ha!!! a great update - I got the photos checked with the google search on here and tracked 2 of the photos down - one is on F/B and one is on a Christian dating site - which also may be false of course. I have contacted the dating site and told them and I have contacted the poor guy on F/B. You know I might take this up - great fun - lol. Thank you so much for the best site ever - I will def be coming again.
The more info I promised is that the guy claims he is Samuel Rice (a baseball star's name) I have all of his army etc history - oh like I needed that - and a great steamy email that I could send to any of those magazines and make money out of - lol!!! + He has 2 children in Scotland, because his wife went with his best friends - oh poor guy - do I feel sorry for him?? Of course I do - in your dreams my crooked friend!
I beg everybody to use all the photo searched - absolutly brilliant!!!!!
I can give you the history if you like if it will help somebody else!!
:=)
#92230 by Bubbles Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:12 am
Hello scamangel,

Please post up the email address this scammer is using. The email address is one of the best handles we have on a scammer. Without that and the name he is using, it doesn't give us much to go on to have evidence of the scam.

Thank you for giving us the information we need. :)

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#98301 by Onlyme Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:46 am
This is the same person I was sent an email from today. I googled it up and came up with here and facebook. I have an email address for him. Not sure what to do with it. Thanks
#98671 by maxcole Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:32 pm
I am so thankful for google...I found the real person that pic has been all over the net scaming people and he is nice married and really in the military....people need to be shame to use these militaty pic to scam woman ..and am just lucky that i did not get caught aout there and I hope all that is doing wrong gets caught
#98673 by Patriciak Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:46 pm
Hi everybody!

So , Is the same story...I met this guy in a date website , he is a Sgt deployed in Kabul.At first , he seems a very nice guy , told me about his life , he had a daughter and never been married , though the mother of his kid was the love of his life , he lost his parents . I belived him. After a few days , he told me that he was in love with me , but we need to be patience because he didnt known when we can meet in person ....Anyway , days passed and we have been talking everyday and a friend of him add me in facebook (she takes care of his daughter) and last week he told me that the child is very sick - Crhon's Disease and need a surgery , and since he is not married is not allowed his kid recied treatment in Military Base and bla , bla bla.... He and his friend is asking money , they have $1500,00 and they need more $3000,00 . Is horrible ! And I feel a complet idiot ! I research the Ip and is from Nigeria , dunno if is reliable .
#98674 by Patriciak Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:54 pm
maxcole wrote:I am so thankful for google...I found the real person that pic has been all over the net scaming people and he is nice married and really in the military....people need to be shame to use these militaty pic to scam woman ..and am just lucky that i did not get caught aout there and I hope all that is doing wrong gets caught

hi ! how did you get?