Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#314051 by Mirage03 Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:27 pm
Looking for a Sheltie puppy and I came upon a Sheltie available not too far away from where I live. I text the number they gave. When replying back by email I was told they were in Salt Lake City Utah. Not even close to the State I live in or where the add said the puppy was. The more they emailed me the more convinced I became that I was speaking to someone who first language wasn't english.
They went on to pull at my heart strings, saying they were the husband of the woman who owned these puppies and she had recently died. They family wanted to get rid of the puppies because every time they looked at them they thought of the woman who had died.
I did a reverse phone look up on the phone number and it brought me to scamwarners.com.
The number used was 762-233-8470. They wanted 500.00 for the puppy, and of course they had both a male and female so I could choose.
I have not emailed them back since finding out a few minutes ago that this is a scam, the name they use is Kent Long or Mr. Kent, another red flag for me.
The first site I was on was called Dogsnow. Guess I don't know if I should tell them I know they are trying to scam me or if I should just tell them I'm not interested.
They keep emailing me telling me I sound like a the perfect person for one of their dogs, and other people will take it if I don't want it, lol. The have sent pictures of "Cindy" however keep evading my question as to why the add says they are located in a State on the opposite side of the United States from where they first were.
Can anyone tell me how to handle this? Thanks
Advertisement

#314052 by Bryon Williams Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Just ignore them. Do not tell them anything. Just disappear.

What email address did the scammer use?

Please buy or adopt your pet locally.

(762) 233-8470
7622338470 is a VoIP number provided by Google Voice with an area code in GA

OP is referring to this thread >> viewtopic.php?f=36&p=313886

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/