Information on romance scams and scammers.
#359864 by Johny Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:20 pm
I’ve met a guy on grindr (gay dating/sex app) who claims is in military. We chatted for some time there and moved to email. He wrote me very nice email but since I’m suspicius by nature, I came here. Could this me a scam:

Hello <my name>

Thanks for your respond. I'm really glad to meet you from you, am 37 live in New York. Have been in the US army about 6years now..
I'm one of the squad of infantry soldiers dedicated to protecting United States.. We are sent to shithole countries like Iraq and Afghanistan to disrupt or destroy an enemy that has extreme hatred for us simply because we represent the American flag. We might not all believe in the reasons that we are here in the Middle East but I guarantee that those soldiers will fight, if necessary, just for their fellow soldiers. That is why I love my job! We are true Americans, not the greedy and selfish Americans we are mistaken for on a daily basis in the Middle East. I love my country and see no better way to serve it than how I currently am.

Am willing to relocate to wherever my true love is.. I'm a very decent guy, good looking people say, but I always tell people to wait and get to know me deeply and you will see that my heart is more beautiful, Am an easy going person and a level headed guy, not into games nor hookups as they say. Am a very shy type, i love nature so much. i lost my ex 2 years ago, he died to cancer of the lungs, so i mourn him for so long as a respect. now i feel its time to carry on with my life, my friend often say to me that i should stop living in the past and focus on the future, and what i want for the future is someone who is ready to love and be loved. who i can love and show that i care for, someone i will love in and out of bed, and someone who will understand me, through the sun and the rain. and that's why am here sitting on the computer writing to you. you sound so honest and you seems like that kind of man i have been longing for, i don't want to hang around the site, going from one man to another, i just want someone who will take me to the dream land and take away the growing pains of loneliness.
I have some questions for you,
Are you single?
What do you like in a guy?
What do you for sex?

Hope to hear from you soon..

Sgt <his name>
Advertisement

#359865 by Bryon Williams Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:23 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

It is a scam. Stop all contact.

Please post his fake/stolen name and email address.

This will help others from becoming a victim to this thief.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#359866 by Johny Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:36 pm
Thank you. I knew it looks too good to be true. :(
So he wrote me from address: [email protected] and said his name is Nick. On grindr his profile is Honesty. He also sent me 3 pics of himself (one is his profile pic on grindr and other 2 in email).
I reported his profile to grindr but they haven’t taken it down yet.
#359868 by Johny Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:44 pm
He did not give me his last name since this was his second email. Email header said Nick Francis. Grindr is mobile app so I cannot give you the link to it.