Room for Rent and other rental scams
#385286 by Michelle Tue May 07, 2019 4:34 pm
Elizabeth Aimee, <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,

Regarding your Ad on Gum-tree, i have a lovely studio flat for rent, the flat is clean and it has a washing machine, microwave, kettle, fridge/freezer, table and all other kitchen utensils.

The flat is located at Church Road Leatherhead KT23 3PT, Mole Valley, Surrey. I took the pictures 9 days ago so they reflects the most current condition of the flat. Here are the necessary things you need to know about the rent and deposit.

Rent per month is £550

Security deposit of £500 protected by the Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme and it's refundable after the end of your stay in my flat.

Utility { water, gas, council tax, TV license, wi-fi and a secured parking space }.

However, do you have references? The flat is clean so i am looking for a responsible tenant. I am reliable and open, if anything is wrong in the flat, i make sure the problem is quickly rectified. The flat is furnished but i can make it unfurnished or part furnished if prefer.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards
Elizabeth Aimee

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. The flat is available and i am renting the property out because i have just moved to Glasgow where i currently live, having worked in Care Home for many years in Surrey . I lost my dad in a ghastly motor accident so i decided to move closer to my family in Glasgow in other to take proper care of my mum. I am not only after the rent but someone that could take good care of my flat.

I am looking for a straight forward prospective tenant because i have been disappointed in many times by some people messing me around with viewing and do not turn up for viewing appointments. However, my solicitor would need some information from you to draft an Assured Tenancy Agreement which you will read, print and bring along with you when coming for the viewing. Details needed are:

Your full name:
Current address:
Preferred move in date:
Mobile number:

Please get back to me with these information so that i can tell you how to proceed. I have another interested candidate but she doesn't sound serious, she came for viewing 5 days ago but i think she didn't have enough money for the security deposit. Let me know if you have other options because i wouldn't want to schedule a viewing with you and get disappointed at the end of the day. Thanks for your interest.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Aimee Elizabeth

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this Because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#388316 by APR77 Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:34 am
Hi,

We have had a response from this person :yikes: , pertaining to be staying in Glasgow with 'her' mother following 'her' dad being killed in a car crash. Things started to get a bit fishy so did some research. This page came up so have 'played along' with 'her' so that I can try and obtain some more details.

This scammer has given me 'her' bank details and an address in Glasgow (not that that will be legit) but the bank details should be able to give the authorities something to trace this scum :bondage: .

I have forwarded the emails to [email protected].

Please forward these on to the authorities.

Regards,

APR.

Michelle wrote:
Elizabeth Aimee, <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,

Regarding your Ad on Gum-tree, i have a lovely studio flat for rent, the flat is clean and it has a washing machine, microwave, kettle, fridge/freezer, table and all other kitchen utensils.

The flat is located at Church Road Leatherhead KT23 3PT, Mole Valley, Surrey. I took the pictures 9 days ago so they reflects the most current condition of the flat. Here are the necessary things you need to know about the rent and deposit.

Rent per month is £550

Security deposit of £500 protected by the Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme and it's refundable after the end of your stay in my flat.

Utility { water, gas, council tax, TV license, wi-fi and a secured parking space }.

However, do you have references? The flat is clean so i am looking for a responsible tenant. I am reliable and open, if anything is wrong in the flat, i make sure the problem is quickly rectified. The flat is furnished but i can make it unfurnished or part furnished if prefer.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards
Elizabeth Aimee

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. The flat is available and i am renting the property out because i have just moved to Glasgow where i currently live, having worked in Care Home for many years in Surrey . I lost my dad in a ghastly motor accident so i decided to move closer to my family in Glasgow in other to take proper care of my mum. I am not only after the rent but someone that could take good care of my flat.

I am looking for a straight forward prospective tenant because i have been disappointed in many times by some people messing me around with viewing and do not turn up for viewing appointments. However, my solicitor would need some information from you to draft an Assured Tenancy Agreement which you will read, print and bring along with you when coming for the viewing. Details needed are:

Your full name:
Current address:
Preferred move in date:
Mobile number:

Please get back to me with these information so that i can tell you how to proceed. I have another interested candidate but she doesn't sound serious, she came for viewing 5 days ago but i think she didn't have enough money for the security deposit. Let me know if you have other options because i wouldn't want to schedule a viewing with you and get disappointed at the end of the day. Thanks for your interest.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Aimee Elizabeth

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this Because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.
#388320 by Michelle Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:40 am
Elizabeth Aimee <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me, you will bring 2 passport photos or any form of ID along with you when coming for the viewing by 12:30pm or at your own convinient time.

Here's my account details below:

Bank Name: Santander Bank
Account Name : Aimee Elizabeth
Account Number : 23687420
Sort code : 09-01-29

Use your name as reference when making the transfer. Kindly let me know as soon as you make the transfer so that i can confirm it.

Regards
Aimee Elizabeth

This person asks for a payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.