Information on romance scams and scammers.
#48093 by borbasor Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:54 am
meetic.com its belong to match.com they are a big scammer meetic they rip me off 30 usd i paid for my brother just 1 month then i found email they will charge me for 6 months and monthley i will pay them auto -charge
when i wrote them they gave me a fake number to call them never answer i sent them twice emails then they block my brother profile he could not even open it nor benifit from my payement and when i check my bank i found they rip me off 30 usd and i hurry to call my bank for block my card so now they can not rip me off monthely 30 usd they are fucking assholes they not even have a home address or calling center for reply of custumors they will never reply your emails after paiment be careful i copy thier emails and i dare if they can give me an answer where is my 30 usd why not refund me

this my emails :
as you do not ever answer my emails and gave me a fake number to contact which can not work without international code, i contacted my bank and block my card so now you need to refund me my money 224.44 danish kroner which you took from my account due to your not activing my brother profil yahya20 and closed it without reason and charge me for 3 months and i chose to paid only 1 month

if i not get any reply from you sooner and not get my money back, i confirm that i will publish my cause in all forums and warining people from your website as scam and fraud and i will make complain to a jurist or justice

you do even have a callcenter or address is this a way you treat a custumor

i am waiting your reply as soon as possible

regards

2011/3/3

dear sir

you have been took money from my bank account ******* and my brother profil yahya20 not active and can not even enter i need you to stop take money from my bank account and refund me 224.44 danish kroner which you took from my sold
my brother profil is yahya20 and i paid for him by my visa electron number ********** only 1 month but you wrote 6 months ?? what is wrong here?

thanks

thier emails

this your message about the payement

Confirmation of your Pass purchase
Hi yahya20,
This is just to let you know that your payment # BBT_12988365730.83586200 on 27-02-2011 20:56:15 for Abonnement 6 mois via 3 prélèvements has been added successfully to your account.
Find all the information about your payment and Pass on your My account page.
Please note that when the initial period of your Abonnement 6 mois via 3 prélèvements expires, your subscription will be automatically extended for successive renewal periods (1, 3 or 6 months) in accordance with the terms of your subscription.
You can cancel the automatic renewal by following the instructions given on your My Account page.
Notification of your wish to cancel must be made no later than 48 hours before your next subscription payment is due.
Get in there and find your perfect match

0es

thier last fucking email then after that never shown never answer me to refund the money WARNING NEVER PAY THEM WITH CARDS ONLY VIA PAYPAL they are fucking scammers
Your Customer Service inquiry

Hi,

Thank you for your email. I do apologise for any inconvenience this situation may have caused 'yahya20'. In order to solve this issue quicker, may I ask you call us on our direct line. This way we can go through all the details together over the phone, minimising any confusion. I hope you have found this information helpful, and please phone the match.com Customer Care team on 0800 368 5858 if you need anything further. Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Best regards,

The meetic team
www.meetic.comborbasor
Registered Member

Private message
Advertisement

#48118 by Bubbles Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:03 pm
I have locked this topic because it is also posted here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16444&p=48114#p48114

This does not appear to be a scam, it is more of a misunderstanding relating to the Terms of Use (TOU) and the billing policy. The following is from the front page of the Meetic.com page where you created a user account:
Meetic.com wrote:By choosing to continue, I certify I am at least 18 years old and have read and agree to the Match.com privacy policy and terms of use.

This page has some of the terms you agreed to by creating a user name: http://www.match.com/registration/membagr.aspx?lid=108
Among them is this statement:
Welcome to Match.com, the service for single adults to meet each other online, operated by Match.com, L.L.C. ("Match.com"). By using the Match.com Website, (the "Website") you agree to be bound by these Terms of Use (this "Agreement"), whether or not you register as a member of Match.com ("Member"). If you wish to become a Member and make use of the Match.com service (the "Service"), please read these Terms of Use. If you object to anything in this Agreement or the Match.com Privacy Policy, do not use the Website or the Service. The Terms of Use are subject to change by Match.com at any time, effective upon posting on the Match.com website, and your use of the Service after such posting will constitute acceptance by you of such changes.

Further in is a link to the Billing Details:
All amounts are billed in U.S. dollars at the beginning of each subscription period and will appear on your card or account statement as "wmv Match.com". You also authorize Match.com to charge you for any sales or similar taxes that may be imposed on your subscription payments. To change or cancel your subscription at any time, click the "Account" link on the upper-right corner of the website and follow the directions. You can also change or cancel your subscription by contacting our Customer Care team as directed on the website. If you cancel or change your subscription, we require a reasonable amount of time to process the action. If you cancel, you'll enjoy subscription benefits until the end of your then-current subscription commitment; then your subscription benefits will expire. However, you will not be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fees paid for the then-current subscription commitment. Please print a copy of this page and the subscription page for your records.

Other rights you have:
c. Non-electronic Copy. You have the right to receive this Agreement in non-electronic form. You may request a non-electronic copy of this Agreement either before or after you electronically sign the Agreement. To receive a non-electronic copy of this Agreement, please Contact Us online or send a letter and self-addressed stamped envelope to: Match.com, P.O. Box 12305, Dallas, TX 75225.

d. Withdrawing Your Consent. You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to have this Agreement provided to you in electronic form.

(i) Effect. Should you choose to withdraw your consent to have this Agreement provided to you in electronic form, we will discontinue your then-current username and password. This means that you will not have the right to use the Service unless, and until, we issue you a new username and password. We only will issue you a new username and password after we receive a signed copy of a non-electronic version of this Agreement, which we will send to you upon request.

(ii) Notice. To withdraw your consent and/or request a non-electronic copy of this Agreement, please Contact Us online or send a letter and self-addressed stamped envelope to: Match.com, P.O. Box 12305, Dallas, TX 75225.

(iii) Prospective Nature. Your withdrawal of consent shall be effective within a reasonable time after we receive your withdrawal notice described above. Your withdrawal of consent will not affect the legal validity or enforceability of the Agreement provided to, and electronically signed by, you prior to the effective date of your withdrawal.

meetic.com is part of match.com:
As a result of joining forces with Match.com, Meetic is no longer available in North America. Register with Match.com to enjoy all the great benefits Match.com has to offer.

I hope this helps resolve your conflict with meetic.com / match.com

Yes, they want you to remain paying them money each renewal period. That doesn't make them a scam, it means customer beware of the terms you agree to.

I am locking this too. Send me a PM if you need further clarification on my decision.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.