Information on romance scams and scammers.
#17265 by Ralph Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:26 am
Name used: Keith Anderson
User name: keitykitt111
Email address: humblekeith­[email protected]­

IP Address: points to London Uk
77.238.187.14 United Kingdom (London)*

But dont be fooled, this scammer is using
X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/8.1.6 YahooMailWebService/0.8.100.260964

X mailer is a program that scammers use to manipulate their IP address, if you ever see "X-mailer" or "The bat" in a header be suspicious.

Dating site profile: Only accepted members can view this profile http://www.interpals.net/keitykitt111

Details on this scammer are still very vague, we hope to be able to provide more information shortly

For now, this is the first message he will send from the dating sites he uses:
Hello ,

How r u doing? I hope u r doing fine,I just went through your profile and It seems to me, you are very nice, sincere, romantic and cheerful person.And I hope we will become good and close friends, and even more... Who knows...

I believe that people can often meet come across Love in their life but they can be so blind or preoccupied with other problem or things that they think are much more important that they pass by this great, light feeling and when they realize that it was exactly Love, it can be too late to let it enlighten their mind, heart and soul. Unfortunatel­y it deals with the human nature to have regrets only when you loose something?..­

So let the wonderful spirit of LOVE warm up your heart and your soul among all this city noise and fuss, among all these daily problems and everyday troubles!,Pl­ease tell me more about yourself and send me some pics of you to my mail ( humblekeith­[email protected]­ ),I'm waiting for your letter...

My best regards,

Keith.

Advertisement

#17274 by The Enchantress Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:19 am
Discovered this report - November 13, 2009

Scammer using "fake" name Keith Anderson

I’ve been contacted by [email protected]. Contacted through singlesaints.com. Said his name was Keith Anderson from Los Angeles. He sent 4 different pictures of the same guy. He was 46 and a widow with a 9 year old son. Said his wife died when his son was born. Died from cancer and kidney stones….seriously? kidney stones? His parents died tragically in a car accident when he was a small child. I kept talking with him anyways. He said he was an IT analysts and programmer. Self-employed in UK on business. Then said he had to go to Nigeria to get the parts he needed. Got an email the day after he was supposed to “travel” about how he & his son had been attacked by robbers on the way from the airport. He needed money for doctor bills, hotel and food. He couldn’t get to his money until he got back.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#17349 by Ralph Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:30 am
First email;
Hello Removed,

How are you doing?I hope you are fine and cool,Here is an introduction about myself and some of my picture,I am a passionate man looking for a passionate woman who wants to be loved forever. I want to find someone to share my life with.I am eager to find someone who can love me and my son . I have a lot of love to give you if you want it. I am caring, sharing, considerate and very friendly. I can talk a lot sometimes but I would prefer listening and learning. I have been very lonely on my own and would love to have someone who can show me lots of affection. Whilst I'm not Brad Pitt or Richard Gere my friends say I'm good looking. Im a widow my wife passed away immediately she gave birth to my son David and ever since then i've been a lonely and that is why I want to find the right one as I need it more than anything. I am not materialistic so I want a wife who is not after being rich but being happy with love and being cared about.I am new to this online dating,how is it going for you,have you met anyone on here?what do you do for a living?

Music:
I love ballads. Also music from Phil Collins, Billy Joel, Elton John, The Corrs, Enrique and Human Nature, I love dance music as I love dancing.Don't know ballroom dancing but wouldn't mind learning one day,I love r&b,hip-hop and rock.

Reading:
I read newspapers and some biographies but not many,Love to read novels as well.

Movies & TV:

I love watching House, NCIS, Aust Idol, Dancing/Singing with the stars....... My favorite movies are To Kill a Mockingbird, and most of Tom Hamks, Richard Gere and Harrison Ford movies. I love comedies and Romance.

Sport:

I like Swimming,Basket ball,Soccer and Tennis.

I will like to see some more pictures of you and you telling me more about your self,

I hope to hear from you soon,

Take Care,

Keith.

Which is quickly followed by this short message and 2 photos

I hope i didnt scare you off..lol

The other photo is posted in the Opening post and was sent with this one;
#17687 by Ralph Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:26 am
Further email from this scammer;

Hello Removed,

Thanks a lot for getting back to me as i really do appreciate it. Well here is a lil more about me. Well i'm a wonderful person to be with, i love to be happy and to also make everyone around me happy at all costs. I am single/widowed, My Wife died 8 years back like i said before and things were really hard for me cuz i just couldn't get over it easily but i guess with time i had no choice than to just move on. My Kid's name is David and he is 9 year old. I love him so much and i am proud of him everyday of my Life. I am presently in East Ham UK just to buy some materials for work but hope to be back home soon. I live in CA. I Work as a computer programmer/analyst and i am also into systems config and pc assembling, I find very much peace and tranquility with the Job i do. I'm 6" 150 with a athletic build, mentally stable, physically fit, a bunch of laughs, warm, caring, honest, good listening, God Fearing, and a positive person. I am a real easy person to talk to and a good listener. I love to play golf and tennis and I enjoy chilling with my friend. I like going to the movies, or watching movies in my room with David, I like swimming, fishing, listening to music and dance to any kind of music, traveling, going bowling and also a good cook. I am a family oriented person and There is more, but it would be better for you to find some things out for yourself..

I am really interested in wanting to know about what makes you the special person you are today,( What would You like to Tell me?) I want to know more about your family, your background, your life experiences, past relationships, your goals and dreams, your interests and anything else you want to tell me. I even want to learn about the secrets you very rarely share with someone!. So come on and share ideas and taught with me,as I am not here to talk to you about general things such as partying, the weather, sports, e.c.t.. I want to learn about you and what makes up your heart and soul, as the friendship with you,I want to build up a close Friendship with you,I want it to be like as if you have you have never shared in or experienced. This friendship I want to build with you will be filled with substance, quality, spirituality and potential.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!.A lot of Kisses and Hugs to you..

I await your respond soon.

Take Care,

Keith...
#18016 by The Enchantress Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:31 am
Hello xxxxx
How are you doing... I'm so so sorry for the late replies, its because i have been busy with work. I feel so happy to hear from you. So tell me, how has your day been and what have you been up to?I'm happy to learn more about you and would love to learn more and more and more about you. And also i want you to know that i am not just after your looks cuz its not the looks that matters most to me but its the heart that matters most to me.. So if you have a beautiful heart inwardly then outwardly you are beautiful as well.More about my Son, he is 9 years old. He is so smart, loving and a happy boy... Sometimes he wishes he had the chance to get to know his mother very well before she passed away but i just try to talk him out of those memories and to let him know that its the future that matters most and not the past. She died of Cancer and kidney stones as well. As for me, i just have to work always just to make sure i earn a living and make sure my son is happy as well. I will be back home in a couple of days from now cuz i have to work on the materials i came here to buy. I like all that you have said about you and would love to learn more.

I am mixed race, my dad is American and my Mom is Puerto-rican. They both Loved each other so so so much not until death took them away from me when i was little. I lost both of them in an auto accident and ever since then things were pretty difficult for me but one way or the other i survived.. So its like virtually everything was taken away from me when i needed them the most.

Well, i have to go get some things done now hun and i hope that you tell me more and more about you as well as seeing some nice pictures of you too if you dont mind.

Thanks a lot and stay blessed.

Kisses and Hugs to you.

Keith.

#18112 by The Enchantress Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:41 pm
Hello xxxxx

How are you today? I hope you are having a nice time. Thanks for telling me more about yourself, as for me i'm cool and lonely. I'm new to this and most of the ladies I read from on here are not what I want "you sound nice"and made me think ahead with this little message of yours. And the name of my son is David.
I love to play golf and i love to swim too , I like going to the movies , or watching movies in my room , I like swimming , fishing, listening to music and dance to any kind of music, traveling , going bowling and also a good cook......I am a family oriented person and There is more, but it would be better for you to find some things out for yourself...Thank you so much for your messages as it actually made my day!!!,you sound like all i want,you are my perfect match..
I'm looking for a lady that will be able to listen to me, communicate her feelings to me, someone who understand what true love mean someone who is going to love me for me someone who is not going to cheat on me someone who is honest, trustworthy, compassionate, caring, loyal and someone who going to love me for the rest of her life No drama no games i believe Im too old for that i want a serious relationship someone who is going to take my son David like her own son.
The very reason I am interested in establishing a Relationship with you is because I feel I have a lot to offer you in the way of a friendship and from there we would see how
it goes with us..I know I have a lot to share with you that will be of interest to you and even some things that will surprise you..I am a man of integrity and my word is my honor!. I have very high standards for myself and my life is all about providing love, peace and happiness to others.
I believe that you are my perfect match and will keep the conversation with you and see how it goes with us.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Kisses and a lot of Hugs,

Take Care,

Keith.

#18374 by The Enchantress Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:26 pm
Hello

How are you doing today?How is Work and your health? Thanks, I am so pleased to read your reply,it has warm my heart and I am hoping to get to always hear from you.

I hope this will take us to the next level and we could build a relationship that will last forever. Distance between us does not bother me as I know we could meet, I consider myself a gentle person..I treat women with respect and i do Love to take them Out. i will like to let u know that i agree with all u have said cos friendship first and Relationship Start So we can Have Much in comon, cos i dont want to Lose a woman Like you.

you are so georgeous and Wonderful, but i dont count that as a Big deal cos all i base Upon is Love,Trust, Faith and Hamourny. Without that, relationship is Nothing and i had to leave life on my own..doing wat i know how to do best in honesty and living my life to the fullest..and i grew up to understand the principles of life and the truth that follows it and i have made a vow to my self and God that i will forever remain honest and truthfull to the things i say and do..cause truth and honesty is the only key to succes..but its every hard to go about..but i still try not to brake my vow..and i do seek all i want with all my heart and the truth of it .

Well, i am a very sincere and honest, am caring, kind, social, smart, intelligent, passionate, friendlly, romantic and i believe in the truth and honest of love.. I am really a very sincere person when it comes to sharing feelings and emotions with that speical person and i realy am down to heart honest about the things i say and do cause i dont like hurting peoples feelings, cause everyone has a chance to laugh, so why do i make them sad..i am really very easy to get along with,fun to be with and am very adaptive and communicative when it comes to conversant conversation. and my life is based on the truth and honest of self personality. i will like to tell you that i will do anything to make u Happy since we have Know more about each other and have Much in comon and i know something corresponding will come out of it..

Hope to hear from you soon..

Take Care, Kisses and Hugs to you

Keith.

#18418 by Ralph Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:42 am
Hello Removed,
I just want you to know that I very much appreciate receiving your letter every moment i check my mail. You are a very special person who I SERIOUSLY want to explore the possibility of building a long term relationship with, that will in time turn into a marriage and happiness one day. That is my dream, and I hope to make it come true with you if you wont cheat on me!. In my heart I feel you have all the qualities it takes to make me very happy...
The only dream i have in this life is to be loved and for my kid to be loved as well. I am too lonely and i dont wanna remain lonely anymore.

About my past relationship few years after the death of my wife, I was cheated on, My Ex cheated on me and i just have to let go...Its happened one Saturday morning, i was to travel for a business trip to Illinois in Chicago USA, and she dropped me at the airport and left...But suddenly i couldn't make my flight that day cuz my flight was re-scheduled to be the next Saturday and so i had no choice than to go back home to get her informed that my flight was re-scheduled. I was not able to get her on the phone....Getting to her place, i couldn't find Her in the sitting room so i had to check her in the living room, on getting there...I couldn't stand what i saw!!! I CAUGHT Her MAKING LOVE TO MY BEST FRIEND, It made me feel sad, made me mad and crazy i felt like eating my self up, Didnt know what to say or to do..So i just started crying and she was trying to make me understand that its the work of Devil and not her intension, and ever since then i remained single, I was lonely and far from sex for 9 month plus till now. My reasoning which I understand is very strange in today's world, but my belief is myheart and soul, and the passion that is in it is very unique and special, so I made the decision and made a promise to God that I would not be sexually active for the sake of just wanting sex, or to have sex for someone elses own self gratification. Knowing the passion that is contained in my heart and soul is very unique, I made the decision to abstain from sex because I want this special gift to be shared with the person I am dedicating the rest of my life to, as my wife to be...

It is very important for me to build a life of stability, security, and opportunity for the special person, I hope to share my thoughts, feelings, experiences, dreams and fantasies with, and to offer the best in opportunities for any children that might be included in my life and that is my focus at this time and I also do enjoy my job but a times stressful. Professionally,Twice in USA and once in New Zealand and been to South Africa for holiday and learn`t how to speak like them just little.lol

Angel, in me you are going to find a Man that is blessed with an over abundance of passion to give to the ones heart and soul,I share my heart and soul with. For you to really know me you will have to experience me, as the love that makes up my heart is like a waterfall, where the water never stops flowing down. In this case my heart is the waterfall, and the love and passion that flows endlessly is representing the water. I am a very unique person for many reasons, but one of those is the fact that I can never get enough of romancing that special someone.

Thank you again for giving me the opportunity to build this special friendship with you!. You will be rewarded for it through the passionate love that makes up my heart and soul!. I am so excited to be able to do my best,With all the passion that makes up my heart and soul!. My special friendship with you is something I want to make permanent and eventually build into a Marriage and leave happy together one day.

Directly from my heart to yours!
My Future Queen! (I hope!)

Keith.
#18503 by Ralph Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:35 am
This email from the scammer is typical of them trying to reinforce their location, he is in Africa and has an African accent, the phone number he has given is a UK redirect phone number which is a number that can be set up by anybody from anywhere in the world, calls to it redirect to wherever the owner is and in this case Africa.

He is covering for his accent which is African and then goes on to ask about using chat so he can speed the scam up, this is all very typical of a male romance scammer

Hello HoneyPie,
I am really happy to read from you again. I am beginning to think about you so so much and i really would love to meet you as soon as i get back home. Here is my Mobile number here in the UK so feel free to call me on it at anytime and i will really appreciate it. My number is 011447024078632. But i warn you, i have an accent but i'm sure you'll love it.
So tell me, what have you been up to and hows work hun? I hope all is going on well and fine with you and everyone around you.
Would you like to also chat online on Yahoo IM? If you would then please let me know and we could spend great and quality time chatting online.

Kisses and Hugs to you dear and i hope to hear from you soon.

Keith.

Then for the really interesting part, despite the claims he is in The UK, his IP tells me otherwise, 41.220.75.17 Nigeria*
#18611 by The Enchantress Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:19 am
Hi Sweets,

How are you doing honey? I just want you to know that i very much apprecoate reading from you and i really cant wait to meet you. Honey, i thought i should let you know that i am currently on a project now and i will be traveling to Nigeria to get some materials for work, i am doing System Configurations and PC assembling/networking for the company, one on each section of every office/segment in the Company. I will be leaving on saturday with david, we will be back in a week time but instead of going back to the UK we will be back to the states and i was thinking we should make plans in meeting as soon as i am through with my project?

I Hope to hear from you soon.
Kisses and hugs to you.
Keith.

#18704 by The Enchantress Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:15 am
Hello Dearest one, How are you doing today? I hope all is going on well and fine with you and everyone around you. Honey i want you to know that i understand your point about you not wanting me to go to that country and believe me honey i really dont wanna go there either. But firstly you should know that i am self employed, i work for nobody plus i wanna go do this work for this there but i think i might have to change my mind about that. So all i'll do is just go there to buy the materials that i need for my work and i can render my services to any company back in the states dear. But i really need to get this material. I was suppose to go to France to get this material but after making a few calls they said they didnt have it but they have it in Nigeria. BUt dont worry honey i will be extra careful and i will try as much as i can not to get into any trouble and i will not get my son into any trouble as well. I will be heading to the ticketting office today to get my tickets for me and David.
I really cant wait to be through with all this so that i can get back home and make plans in meeting you. I really do like you so much and i hope you do like me too.

Kisses and Hugs to you honey and i hope to hear from you soon.

Keith

How are you doing today? I hope all is going on well and fine with you and everyone aroud you dear. I havent heard from you but i am sure that you are very busy thats why so i do understand. Well i just wanted to quickly write to just to let you know that i am leaving for the airport now with David. So please pray for our safe journey and i will let you know as soon as we get there.

Kisses and Hugs to you dear and i hope to hear from you soon.

Keith.

#18743 by The Enchantress Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:31 pm
Hello Dear,

Thanks for the mail,we arrived Nigeria few hours ago,it was such a bad experience for me,we were robbed by thieves on our way from the airport,they injured me and David and we are presently in the hospital,They stole all the money i came here with and i am presently stuck here at the moment. I cannot access my account till i get back home. Please xxxxx i need you to help me with some funds and i promise to pay you back when i get home, i need to pay hospital bills and pay for hotel and feeding for the main time. Please let me know if you are willing to help me please and i promise to pay you back,i am making use of the receptionist computer,.i will check my mail later on to check on you.

I hope to you hear from you soon.

Keith..

#18849 by The Enchantress Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:02 pm
Please dear i really do need your help and I cant be here for too long cuz i am making use of the receptionist's computer.

Keith

Please call me on the receptionist's computer and i'll be there to pick up your call. the phone number is 0112348028042093. Please honey believe me.

Keith

Hello Honey, please i want you to know that i never saw this incident coming. I came into this country with about $15,000 to buy the materials that i needed for work but when i got here i was robbed. I came with enough cash and this kind of thing has never happened to me in my entire life. Please just assist me and let me get out of here before Xmas and i promise to pay you back as soon as i get home and i will also love to meet you as well.

Please let me know if you can assist me dear as i really would appreciate you.

Keith

#18895 by Ralph Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:07 am
The scammer is now trying to explain that Western Union is the most convenient way to send money, of course that is not true but it is the easiest way for them to remain anonymous.

If anybody is asking you to send money by Western Union or Moneygram, you should instantly suspect it is a scammer.

Hello Dear, I want you to know that i really appreciate the fact that you are willing to assist me. Thank you so much and i will pay you back as soon as i get home. Sweetheart, the best and easiest way you can have these funds sent to me is through Western Union money Transfer. All you have to do is get to the closet Western Union outlet to you and have the funds sent to me.
Here is my Details to which the money will be sent to:

Name: Keith Anderson.

Thank you so much once again dear as i really do appreciate you. I hope to hear from you soon.

Kisses and Hugs to you Dear.

Keith.
#18899 by Ralph Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:23 am
Now the scammer is making excuses as to why he cant receive money into a bank account and why his victim cant get money from his bank account which apparently he cant use in Africa, scammers will make all kinds of poor excuses but while they are telling you they love you it can be believable to many.

Some scammers will happily receive money into a bank account as well but the preference by far is Western Union

Here are his latest attempts to get his victim to send money by Western Union

Hello dear, no one can access my account except me honey. If not i would have asked you to do that for me instead of asking you for money. I have a very strong security fire-wall built around my account and thats because i have been robbed from my account before and so i had to stop every transaction that links into my account. Withdrawal can only be made by me in person dear. Please honey if you want to assist me please do cuz i am counting on you and you alone. I hope you understand. Thanks.

Kisses and Hugs to you.

Keith.

Now he is trying to make his victim feel guilty for not sending money by Western Union, another common ploy

forget about me if you cannot go the extra-miles to assist me. Put yourself in my shoes, how would you feel if i treated you this way?
Have a nice day.